Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Complete US PS2 Listing/Guide

I never thought I'd find the motivation to do this myself, but lo and behold I've got PS2 on our database now, bringing our item count to 30,000+!

The PS2 list *should* (this is about where you come in) have every US title listed, as well as manufacturer and most developers (except where it's identical to the publisher), release dates and ESRB ratings. No rarities, no values... it's kinda like our already excellently maintainted GameCube, GBA, and Xbox lists - very little "meat" but excellent for reference.

Next comes the filling-in part, which I'll do over time. As that's going along though, I'd really appreciate everyone's extra set of eyes to spot any errors or omissions in the database. I'm not going to work on non-US titles for awhile, but would really like to flesh out the US list.

Any input you can fill in for me would be very much appreciated! Feel free to add your comments right here.

Game ON.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a question on a few:

Bratz: Formal Funk - IGN shows this as cancelled on Gamecube. Neither IGN or Playstation.com make any mention of a PS2 game. You're date is also in the future (12/30/04) so maybe this should be moved to Rumor Mill until release? That's what I've been doing with GBA & DS upcoming titles and just changeing the category when they ship.

Bulletproof Monk - No mention on playstation.com, shown as cancelled on ign here

Burnout 3 - full title is Burnout 3: Takedown

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2 - correct title is Cabela's Big Game Hunter: 2005 Adventures

Charlie's Angels - listed as Euro only on ign here, not listed on playstation.com

Choplifter: Search and Rescue - aka ChopLifter: Crisis Shield - last shown as E3 2003. ign says cancelled, playstation.com has makes no mention of it. Also not listed on retail sites as coming soon.

ChoroQ - not listed - EBgames.com shows it as in stock. Published by Atlus. Playstation.com has a release date of 11/04

Classified: The Sentinel Crisis - EB has it listed as shipping 1/26/05. No mention of it on ign pr playstation.com

Cold Winter - EB has it scheduled to ship 4/19/05. ign confirms April 05

Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers - scheduled to ship in '05 according to ign. No mention on playstation.com

Cowboy Bebop - EB and ign say due in October 05, playstation.com says Octiber 04. I think it's 05 though.

I only got through the C's, but I'll look over more this coming week. Looking good so far though.

-Mike

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Viewtiful Joe 2 is out now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

eh joe as the current gen systems are now in the db, do you want me to send you my complete PAL Gamecube list with the next update of my lists to include it?
    -Jan

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went through D-K so here's more corrections.

Dead to Rights 2 - full title Dead to Rights II: Hell to Pay - scheduled to ship April 05

Death by Degrees - scheduled to ship Feb 05

Deer Hunter 2004 Season - listed twice, once as just "Deer Hunter", which is the correct title

Devil May Cry 3 - scheduled to ship Mar 05

Die Hard: Vendetta - Europe only release

Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner 2 - Scheduled to ship Feb 05

Disney titles - I thought the standard guide format was to list "Disney's" after the title (ie Treasure Planet (Disney's)). And even though the list is bare bones, you might want to mention that Monsters Inc, Stitch & Treasure Planet were re-issued in "Disney Classics" packaging since this will be forgotten down the road.

Dragon's Lair 3D: Special Edition - Released in Europe, no US release

Drift Racer: Kaidou Battle - Released in Japan. US release cancelled according to ign

Duel Masters: Cobalt - correct title is just Duel Masters

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial: Return to the Green Planet - ign says cancelled, playstation.com doesn't list it

ESPN: International Track & Field - Published by Konami, not Sega

ESPN: College Hoops 2K5 - not listed. released 11/04. Published by Sega.

Eye Toy: AntiGrav - not listed. released 11/04 by Sony

Eye Toy: Play - not listed. released 11/03 by Sony

Fairly Odd Parents 2: Shadow Showdown - should be Fairly Odd Parents: Shadow Showdown

Fast & The Furious: The - scheduled to ship Mar 05

Final Fantasy XI - FFXI only shipped with the hard drive. The one that shipped 9/04 was the expansion, Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia

Galactic Wrestling - full title is Galactic Wrestling: Featuring Ultimate Muscle

Ghost Master: The Gravenville Chronicles - not yet released. Conflicting dates

Gregory Horror Show - not released in the US (Japan and maybe Europe)

Growlanser: Generations - release date 12/04

Growlanser: Generations Deluxe - release date 12/04

Gungrave OverDose - published by Mastiff

He-Man: Defender of Grayskull: Masters of the Universe - cancelled according to ign. No other site lists it

Hitman 3: Contracts - correct title is Hitman: Contracts

Ice Nine - scheduled to ship in 05

IHRA Drag Racing 2004 - should be IHRA Drag Racing 2005

IndyCar Series 2004 - correct title is IndyCar Series 2005. Only released in Europe, no US date scheduled yet

James Bond 007: No One Lives Forever - correct title is The Operative: No One Lives Forever. Published by Sierra, not EA.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - not released in the US

Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death - not released in the US (yet - Xicat recently picked up US distribution and it should ship Feb 05)

Juiced - Scheduled to ship Summer 05. T*HQ requested a lot of changes after aquiring distribution following Acclaim's bankruptcy

Kao the Kangaroo Round 2 - conflicting dates. Playstation.com says it shipped 05/04 from Titus, ign says it's coming in 05 from JoWood. No other info but I don't think it's out yet.

King of Fighters: 2002 - not released in the US (Japan only). KoF:2002 will be in the 2002 & 2003 combo pack

King of Fighters: 2002 and 2003 - scheduled to ship 02/05

King of Fighters: 2003 - not released in the US (Japan only). KoF:2003 will be in the 2002 & 2003 combo pack

King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 3D - correct title is King of Fighters: Maximum Impact

King's Field IV: The Ancient City - correct title is King's Field: The Ancient City

Kingdom Hearts II - scheduled to ship 09/05

Kuon - release date is 12/13/04

-Mike

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    eh joe as the current gen systems are now in the db, do you want me to send you my complete PAL Gamecube list with the next update of my lists to include it?
    Send it over to "orrimarko" (Steve Molloy), as he's managing that section.

@Mike: keep 'em comin'! I'm all caught up locally and will likely update the online database tonight.

Thanks!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aw, ps2 games have no rarity and are worthless, I am not going to collect them then. just kidding, nice job setting it up, must have taken a while, now we just wait a couple years to have some ideas of what the rarities are.
    Midwest

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Since I'm heading this section up, if anyone finds any glaring omissions or mistakes, please make me aware so I can fix. At this point, I feel that the list is solid, containing 98% of all domestically(U.S.) released games from the system's launch until the end of 2004.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.