Thread: Sell individually or as a set (sorry, new here)?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sell individually or as a set (sorry, new here)?

I apologize for being a newbie, but I love this forum and it's the only one I visit. I've got a very nice domestic Sega CD and Saturn collection (we're talking all the odd ducks out -- Snatcher, Popful Mail, Vay, Panzer Dragoon Saga, NiGHTS Christmas Edition, Dragon Force, etc.), and I'm wondering: I don't have enough time these days for even my Xbox and Gamecube games. If I decided to sell, should I go all out on ebay or a game at a time? Thanks for being nice to the new kid!

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd do it one game at a time myself. You would just make more money in the long run doing it that way.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sell all of your "rarer" games individually, but list the junk in one or more lots. A lot of times the junk doesn't sell, then you're stuck with time and listing fees wasted. Plus you save a lot in listing fees by listing one lot.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy Ridley! Welcome officially to DP! When you get the chance, go here and introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself thread!

Now then, experience has shown that you get more $$$ for individual pieces than you would for a lot. However, it takes more time to list individual games than it does to post one big auction (It's a bit more pricey too, as you have a fee for each item rather than one fee for the entire lot.)

However, people are more willing to big high on ONE item they need, rather than bidding low for a bunch of stuff they DON'T need, only in hopes of getting that one item. Also, big lots have opening bids that scare away most people, so there's a chance you may get NO bids.

So, my advice is to part it out. You'll get much more for your money. However, it'll take a bit more time to set them all up and your auction fees will be higher. Good luck, and Welcome!
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Definately sell them individually. Offer shipping discounts if they win multiple auctions. The shipping discount will give incentive for buyers to bid on several of your auctions, pushing the bid price up on all of your stuff.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ridley30,

Drop me a PM with your Saturn sell list sometime.
    I'm also in Portland and like to buy local if possible (we can avoid paypal, ebay and shipping charges that way =) )

Rock on and welcome to DP

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like they say, sell them separately. Also, you might wanna post a list of games in the buy/sell forum here on DP. I'm sure many of us would be interested in your stuff!!
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

darn tootin' newton on that buy sell list........

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Sell all of your "rarer" games individually, but list the junk in one or more lots"

That was exactly what I was gonna say when I read the title. Selling your rare games one by one, and then selling lots of maybe 5 games each for your common games. I think you will end up making the most money on this, because people will obviously buy the rare games, and the commons should sell because most buyers like to get a good deal on shipping like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman
    Howdy Ridley! Welcome officially to DP! When you get the chance, go here and introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself thread!

Now then, experience has shown that you get more $$$ for individual pieces than you would for a lot. However, it takes more time to list individual games than it does to post one big auction (It's a bit more pricey too, as you have a fee for each item rather than one fee for the entire lot.)

However, people are more willing to bid high on ONE item they need, rather than bidding low for a bunch of stuff they DON'T need, only in hopes of getting that one item. Also, big lots have opening bids that scare away most people, so there's a chance you may get NO bids.

So, my advice is to part it out. You'll get much more for your money. However, it'll take a bit more time to set them all up and your auction fees will be higher. Good luck, and Welcome!

i couldnt have said it better myself, so i wont even try.....thats what i would do
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with all the advice given so far, but would add one thing. When you're breaking the "junk" into smaller lots, make sure you mix up the sports games and non-sports games. By putting them together you'll be more likely to sell them and less likely to end up with a shelf of old sports titles that noone wants.