Thread: World of Warcraft... Day one..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default World of Warcraft... Day one..

"LOGIN SERVER DOWN"

well F you Blizzard.. at least EQ had a chat room in the login area so you could bitch.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BOOOOOOOO

followed by

HAHA!

You shoulda gotten EQ2 :P

ok, now that I got the usual out of the way, that sucks Everyone keeps telling me how they "never have any server downtime". Make another post in a couple weeks, I'm interested in someone who has actually played other MMMORPG's and won't act like a damn fanboy saying how they like WoW. I've only heard 3 things over and over.
    Too easy
    Too solo
    Too cartoony-kiddie-warcraft3 graphics (not BAD graphics, just not suitable for a MMO)

I'm interested in seeing how EQ2 looks in a few years myself. Right now with a gig of DDR400 ram, P4 2.8a, 138mb radeon 9600 card, etc etc I usually run at high performance (3rd out of 7 pre-set graphics levels, 7 being highest). Can't IMAGINE it on very high graphics setting.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A friend of mine got it and as anyone knows MMORPG's are best played with real friends. I've heard it was easy etc etc. so I'll know what type of beast it is in a month.. A month of EQ had me at level 20 or something silly.. I think I'm going to find WoW a fun, fast PvP MMO that is worth maybe 3 months of my time.

As of right now EQ2 can wait for a good year and I can still just jump in.

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WoW isnt worth it, its fun but it gets boring, after beta i had no interest...i been playing lineage 2
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EnemyZero
    WoW isnt worth it, its fun but it gets boring, after beta i had no interest...
    Could you elaborate?

I'm curious, as I've been looking at this game with some interest for a while now. If I were ever to jump back into MMORPG's, WoW would be the prime candidate for me at this point.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WoW is fun for a while, but heres a couple pro's and con's

Pro's-
    Graphics - cartoony but very nice looking
    World - large really nice cities, towns, landscapes
    Warcraft Fans - will like it alot...im a big WC fan but...eh
    Monsters/bosses - monsters and bosses are plenty, and pretty cool looking

Con's-
    Characters- BORING...they didnt get into character classes or details very well...each race is limited to a few classes...for instance humans choose paladin, mage, warlock, rogue, hunter, warrior ....those are starting classes..and thats all there is, not much custimization beyond the dull talent system which gives u skills (thing diablo 2)
    PvP- if u want pvp....dont play this game...if u want clan warring stuff like that...wow will put u too sleep..
    Parties- rather dull..its a need basis, you will be in like 50 parties in a few hours, people party to finish a quest then quickly disband, they pretty much use u, instead of forming a solid hunting party and sticking together for a long time...

there are other points to the game, but id be ranting all day...if ure looking for an mmo, check www.lineage2.com
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I appreciate the input.

Having come from MMORPG's, I can understand why you put the "limited" selection of classes as a con. In a game like Everquest, they seem to add a new class every time I look up, although I'm sure I'm exaggerating. Lack of specialized classes never bothers me, as long as they have a few nicely developed melee classes, it's all gravy here. Still, good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by EnemyZero
    there are other points to the game, but id be ranting all day...if ure looking for an mmo, check www.lineage2.com
    Thanks, but I'd just as soon not have my ass handed to me by bands of coffee-mongers from Seoul. I'm no good at PvP in RPG games, and I have a slow connection to boot, so I stay on the carebear servers/non-pvp games where I belong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, considering I only got 3 hours to play and was able to easily solo to 10 with an undead priest.. should be interesting. It's like the game is geared toward quests that train for a high end game but the run to lvl 60 or whatever isn't a camp fest of months.

I can see there is a problem in ballance and skills right off. Like Warlocks are like Necro's in EQ but without the need because everyone can solo just fine. And everyone is a mix except Warriors and mages.. The Priest class is a Cleric and Enchanter.. Why not just split those up?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well unfortunatly that was the first day thats happened since launch. You you picked a bad day to logon. I am in a 30 odd member guild. We help each other out and have a blast. The game is not to easy by a longshot, many missions y ou will need to find a group, pvp I will admit isn't fully implemented but if you look at what is coming in the battlegrounds area you will be pleasently suprised.

It also won gamespots pc, and game of the year categories in their year end awards.
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

If you want a hardcore grindfest with years of "content", get EQ2.

If you want an overall laid back and more fun game that'll last you a good year or so, get WoW.

If you want the hardcore endgame material, get either, I'm sure both will have more than enough of it, it'll just take you a lot longer to get there in EQ2 than it will WoW.

After playing EQ for 3 years, I would never touch EQ2 knowing that WoW is an alternative. I despise the hardcore leveling treadmill, something WoW has found a great way of getting around. I won't be playing either game though, I've got one semester left until graduation and I DON'T need one of these two calling my name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"many missions you will have to get a group" - This makes the game sound even MORE like it's a solo-oriented game

Have to disagreee with that last post quite a bit.
    I haven't "tried" to level once in EQ2. No grinding away at the same mobs over and over for hours on end unless it was because I had a great group going that was chatting/moving around a lot, or doing a quest for everyone in the group. I hit level 32 today.

"it'll just take you a lot longer to get there in EQ2 than it will WoW." - People have hit max level in both games within weeks of release. with MINIMAL effort, I have a level 32 main, 20 alt, and 10 screwup. (Created the 10 first, hated freeport, created level 20 wizard second, too hard to find a group, and finish some quests, created level 32 templar/healer and loving it)

Which brings us to "after playing eq for 3 years". - EQ2 is NOTHING like EQ. I HATED EQ. I beta tested it, and played it again after a couple years to try to get into it again and still hated it. IMO it was the worst MMORPG I've ever played.
    If you're comparing EQ2 to EQ - Don't.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WoW is a solid game.. I can tell it will be a much better game then EQ up until the high level game.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well sylent it appears you love EQ2 and thats fine, but do you know why people who have max charecters on WoW have them. Multiple people play the Charecters and then they sell the accounts simple as that. On my server there are only a few 60's and it is a highly populated server.

And how do you think that my comment on you will need groups for certain quests means more soloing? Hell I jsut did a quest yesterday that involved me having to kill 15 level 38elite ogres. I was level 34 at the time, there was no way I was going to get to do this for many levels without a good group. Found one and was done in about 20 minutes, died after killing the last one but wasn't suprised it happened.
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ltes try this for an example:

WOW sold out at a lot of places all over the US- even online.
    EQ2- easily found everywhere.

EQ2 servers go down here and there
    WOW servers go down here and there
    All and I mean all MMORPGS ever to see the light of day have gone down for up to a few days at once! Most times it is just for a few hours. Nothing unusual here and anyone who says F-U Blizzard is someone that must never have played any online games before and therefore has very little credibility. If you can't handle that then go play GTA or Pokemon.

WOW is here to stay and is the number 1 MMORPG since EQ2 is too restrictive and behind the curve. My online gaming references are:

EQ
    EQ2 (for a short time)
    DAOC
    EVE
    UO (5 years)
    SWG (horrible)
    AC1
    Anarchy Online (just canceled account)
    Horizons
    WOW ( best of the bunch)
    I probably left a few out that I can't remember but that about sums it up.

Try WOW and EQ2 and see which one deserves your time. Thats the best advice anyone could give. You have to expect some lag, disconnects, offline servers, server maintenance to play these types of games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just for the record, WoW is sold out because they had to stop production because they ran out of servers. I have no idea what the sales numbers are, and I'm not playing favorites in either direction here. Just stating what I've heard from people who have played both games.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where did you hear such utter crap. Ran out of servers?? stopped production?? Read the WoW forums before you throw bs like that around. Its sold out because they underestimated demand for the game.