Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, but when I write "Broken... For Parts..." and the like in the title, you'd think that most people would understand. Asking "is this item still available" seems kind of odd, as does asking for the price when it's Buy It Now.

I swear the question text sounds familiar and this thread came to mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

artphotodude

Buys a dreamcast game from me that I list as, in big red letters no less " EXTREMELY SCRATCHED DOES NOT BOOT, MIGHT BE MADE PLAYABLE AGAIN BY BUFFERING " Then negative reps me when he can't fix it.
    Last edited by wingzrow; 01-13-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    artphotodude

Buys a dreamcast game from me that I list as, in big red letters no less " EXTREMELY SCRATCHED DOES NOT BOOT, MIGHT BE MADE PLAYABLE AGAIN BY BUFFERING " Then negative reps me when he can't fix it.
    Am I blind or do I not see the neg he left you?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...=off&items=200

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Am I blind or do I not see the neg he left you?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...=off&items=200
    Well, he said 'negative rep', which, if I recall, is eBay lingo for negative reply, which is different that negative feedback (in other words, he might have just gotten a nasty e-mail or something).

Or I'm an idiot and wingzrow just had it removed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No you guys were right, I need to cut back on the shortened terms for coherency's sake.

Here's the listing in question. It's fairly old ( compared to my other listings anyway ) and my listings look MUCH better than this now, check for yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160381777963

Dear Seller:

artphotodude: It turns out that the scratches on this disc are on the data (graphic) side and cannot be buffed out. Would you consider at least a partial refund?

Wingzrow: I said very very clearly in big red letters in the listing description that it did not start up and that it was VERY scratched. I made that all extremely clear.

artphotodude: By definition, a disc that is scratched beyond repair, cannot be "acceptable" as you have it listed at the top of the listing. Expect a negative feedback in a few days when the system lets me. You had no business even putting this up for auction.

Now he's opened up a case about it. I didn't even say it was possible to repair the disc, just simply that it MAY be possible. He knew what risk he was taking going into this, buying up a disk in an attempt to repair it.

The fact alone that he's not asking for shipping as part of the refund and that this entire matter is over $4.95 makes me think he knows he has nothing on me. The whole thing about me listing it as acceptable is BS too since there's no way to list a defective item any lower than that.
    Last edited by wingzrow; 01-14-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Next time, avoid lines like:

"A Disc Buffer To Remove Scratches May Make it Playable Again"

Although it's quite obvious what it means, some buyers are too stupid too read or comprehend the message correctly.

Like the customers I attend...I tell them one thing and they understand another...sigh...
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well he finally gave me negative feedback today when he lost the case. Safe to say you shouldn't be bothering with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ouch. Too bad you left him a positive saying: "Instant Payment, No Complaints." Exactly why I wait to leave feedback until it's been left for me.

I like how he says you have no business putting it up for auction. What the hell does that mean? I don't recall anyone putting a gun to his head, forcing him to buy it. All part of the fun of selling used/as-is items I guess.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Do yourself a favor. Avoid "ricklldoit".

Long story short, My hometown has been dealing with some serious storms lately so I've been unable to leave home. This person bought something from me on Wednesday, so I sent him a message saying that I would be unable to ship the item until the storms cleared. I offered a partial shipping refund. He wanted a -full- shipping refund. I said I was going to offer a $2 refund because "I charge $3 - $1 is for bus fare and the bubble mailer, the $2 is for postage and any extra costs come out of my own pocket."

This is what he replied:

"bus fair and storms not my problem. mail delivers rain sleet and snow. i
    dont really care about the two or three bucks refund. ill see when it gets
    here"

I'm expecting a neutral or a negative because of this. Avoid him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@ ryborg: I do that with every item that gets payed for. 98% of the time it's not even an issue. I find I have a much better chance of someone leaving me positive feedback in return if I give them possitive feedback as soon as possible.

Here's another guy you might want to avoid. He's being really rude threatening me like this and the best I could say is to please wait another week for it to arive but this is what he says.

Ebay name: mustangmatt302

"alright its been 10 business days since you shipped it and i still havent gotten it . your only a few states away from me it should have been here long ago . i want a refund . i dont want to make a case with ebay unless i have to ."

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

norfolkstate2003

- He bought a $1.99 E-Reader card from me and after 10 days of the auction ending alerted eBay he had not received. He stated he had contacted me (never happened, eBay has proof of this). So I simply sent him a refund back and he left me a negative stating how he 'really wanted the card'. Seriously, you expect the item within 10 days of the auction ending when you didn't pay right away and it's being shipped in a friggin envelope with a .44 cent stamp on it (and Monday was a Holiday)? I plan on taking a picture of one of the cards cut up and sending it to him and stating had he not lied, he would have gotten a few as replacements.
    eBay Feedback / eBay Auctions

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Do yourself a favor. Avoid "ricklldoit".

Long story short, My hometown has been dealing with some serious storms lately so I've been unable to leave home. This person bought something from me on Wednesday, so I sent him a message saying that I would be unable to ship the item until the storms cleared. I offered a partial shipping refund. He wanted a -full- shipping refund. I said I was going to offer a $2 refund because "I charge $3 - $1 is for bus fare and the bubble mailer, the $2 is for postage and any extra costs come out of my own pocket."

This is what he replied:

"bus fair and storms not my problem. mail delivers rain sleet and snow. i
    dont really care about the two or three bucks refund. ill see when it gets
    here"

I'm expecting a neutral or a negative because of this. Avoid him.
    I'm going to make myself a bit unpopular here, but that guys got a point. All customers care about is getting the thing they bought as quickly as possible, that's true of any business. If you saw that there was going to be something weather related preventing you from shipping in a timely matter, you should have pulled the auction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    I'm going to make myself a bit unpopular here, but that guys got a point. All customers care about is getting the thing they bought as quickly as possible, that's true of any business. If you saw that there was going to be something weather related preventing you from shipping in a timely matter, you should have pulled the auction.

So let me get this straight: I offered a partial shipping refund because of the weather, which was entirely out of my hands, which nobody had any clue how bad it would get, which prevented me from going to the post office, and you take his side? Even after he basically threatened to leave me a negative if I didn't offer a full shipping refund, you still side with him?

I just spent TWO DAYS walking around my house, trying to make sure the second floor didn't flood itself. I only slept about four hours total in two days. The weather BARELY cleared up. This guy acted like it was nothing, since he's from the northeast and they get hit by snow all the time but down here, a storm like this only comes along once every six or seven years. My house is old and I haven't been able to afford fixing the roof for a very long time, not since my father got ill.

I didn't have regular internet access for most of those two days. We had power outages. The ISP had connection outages. I spent two days awake because the rain wouldn't stop coming. I couldn't leave my house and I used up all the pots and pans in hopes of not having the second floor flood itself. I did what I could and the water still seeped down to the first floor.

In five years of selling on eBay, nobody has ever threatened me with a negative like that. EVER. All over A FUCKING DOLLAR.

In fact, I think I'll just contact eBay and report his ass.

Goddamn.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post

So let me get this straight: I offered a partial shipping refund because of the weather, which was entirely out of my hands, which nobody had any clue how bad it would get, which prevented me from going to the post office, and you take his side? Even after he basically threatened to leave me a negative if I didn't offer a full shipping refund, you still side with him?
    Yes. I've run the family business using eBay since January of 1996, every ounce of experience in my body tells me that the costumer has a point here. It's not his problem that you had problems, he is under no obligation to accept anything you offer him outside of what he originally bought. This is beside the fact that eBay policy clearly backs this position. Additionally, I don't know about where you were, but most of the Western half of the U.S. had all kinds of clues that the weather was going to take a turn for the worse (News, emergency reports, looking outside once in a while), so don't pretend everything was sunshine when the auction was half over and, suddenly, locusts appeared.

Threatening you, however, that does cross a line.

I just spent TWO DAYS walking around my house, trying to make sure the second floor didn't flood itself. I only slept about four hours total in two days. The weather BARELY cleared up. This guy acted like it was nothing, since he's from the northeast and they get hit by snow all the time but down here, a storm like this only comes along once every six or seven years. My house is old and I haven't been able to afford fixing the roof for a very long time, not since my father got ill.

I didn't have regular internet access for most of those two days. We had power outages. The ISP had connection outages. I spent two days awake because the rain wouldn't stop coming. I couldn't leave my house and I used up all the pots and pans in hopes of not having the second floor flood itself. I did what I could and the water still seeped down to the first floor.
    While I sympathize with you, these are personal problems, not the buyers.

In five years of selling on eBay, nobody has ever threatened me with a negative like that. EVER. All over A FUCKING DOLLAR.

In fact, I think I'll just contact eBay and report his ass.

Goddamn.
    What are you going to report him over? "Hello, eBay? This guy was rude to me and he wouldn't understand that I have problems! I know there is no policy that supports me on this, but, please, BAN HIS ASS NOW!!!!11@"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    What are you going to report him over? "Hello, eBay? This guy was rude to me and he wouldn't understand that I have problems! I know there is no policy that supports me on this, but, please, BAN HIS ASS NOW!!!!11@"
    I offered a partial shipping refund and he said this: "how bout you pay shipping and ill still leave you a positive feed back, sound fair?"

I said it wasn't fair. I was offering $2. That sounds like a thinly disguised threat to me - gimme free shipping or I won't leave you a positive.

If I had taken much longer to ship an item then yes, I would've given free shipping. But I didn't. I could've easily refunded $1 but I went with $2 instead, since it seemed fair enough. But a full refund... no. Just no.

And I did report him for feedback extorsion. For some reason I got a reply from eBay mentioning bodily harm, which made no sense, but whatever.

Pretzel (Level 4) Dragon Warrior Jasen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bea24azul

I sold him a NIB dreamcast and he got it and it was damaged inside, according to him. His first email was that I lied, I opened the box because there was no seal on it, and that it was damaged.

I told him that the box never had any seals on it, and you can tell because there are no marks where a seal would go and would have been removed. I also told him that all of my auctions are no refunds. He told me I knew it was damaged, I opened it, and I defrauded him. Just as I was about to tell him to just ship it back to me (at his cost) and I would refund the PURCHASE price only, he left me negative feedback and responded to my email as "I hope you lose your account."

He never offered to send me pictures of the damage, I have a picture of the serial number from outside the box so I would know if he swindled me. The best part is, he has three negatives that didnt show up due to the new feedback rules.

Lesson learned on my part, if you can open a box because it has no seals, do so. It would be real easy to not deal with overseas people any longer, but that's not fair to the multitude of GOOD international buyers.
    Jasen's Customs, Like it on Facebook!

Tutorials on SuperGuns
    http://www.thesupergun.com

Rocking Out a Digital Press since 2007
    My Feedback here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Kitsune - At that point I would just refund him the $2 and move on. Its really not worth getting worked up over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    Kitsune - At that point I would just refund him the $2 and move on. Its really not worth getting worked up over.
    I will, in a little bit. eBay sent me this message, though:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to harassing email you received
    from another member.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I know how
    uncomfortable this is most specially if you're not doing anything
    against them. Your report will help make the eBay Community safer for
    everyone.
    As soon as I send the tracking number, he's gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got a message today saying I actually LOST the case against artphotodude. Ebay has never done anything this stupid to me. I'm speechless.

Avoid artphotodude like the plague.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Got a message today saying I actually LOST the case against artphotodude. Ebay has never done anything this stupid to me. I'm speechless.

Avoid artphotodude like the plague.
    I pressume he still has to ship the game back to you, correct?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!