Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Rare" (or more uncommon) Gamecube Games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On the freestyle soccer, it has been said that the CANADIAN version isn't blockbuster exclusive, and doesn't have the blockbuster only sticker.

On a sidenote picked up a complete copy of NCAA Basketball 2K3 today at Gamestop. Yay!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about the Kmart games with variant covers? For example I have an Animal Crossing that has a Kmart Exclusive logo saying it comes with teh Official Nintendo Strategy guide. I believe there were others like this as mentioned in past GC threads

As for MLB slugfest 2004, I was pretty much the only person that found these for 4.99 I found 2 copies and no one else on CAG reported finding any. These have pretty much disappeared from all the stores around here, however GameStops around the Dallas area have been getting copies of 2k3 in lately.

Also what about Red Card soccer?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    Was the production run on NCAA Basketball 2k3 just 5000? Wondering how many actually sold. Important for my current article
    According to the November NPD sales numbers it has sold 5,900 copies.

Quote Originally Posted by slip81
    Another game I can see becoming rare is Alien Hominid, I don't think it's selling quite well. It's a pretty good game though.
    The November NPD numbers for it are:
    GCN ALIEN HOMINID $39,960 1,393
    PS2 ALIEN HOMINID $59,308 2,005

Keep in mind that those numbers are for about 10 days worth of sales and the they don't count for those who ordered it directly from the Behemoth. Still I don't think it was produced in very big numbers. The PS2 version is actually sold out and on backorder according to www.alienhominid.com

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Regarding Slugfest...I have NEVER seen it ANYWHERE, and as I've mentioned before, I've scoured pretty much the entire south/southwest Chicago suburbia and northwest Indiana regions. Gamegirl79 only found one in the St. Louis area. PapaStu couldn't find one around San Jose. So, yeah, it's pretty hard to find.

Btw, speaking of variants, I found a copy of Super Mario Sunshine with a black colored spine with white lettering instead of the white "striped" spine/bluish lettering. Anybody else have one of these?

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Disney Sports Basketball seemed to be a tough find from the start as i've never seen one in any store and its only been on Ebay a few times. I was lucky enough to find Disney Sports Football for 10 bucks at EB games almost 2 summer's back and i haven't seen one in stores since. I picked up Spirits and Spells on the first weekend of its release and i still see it from time to time.

But anywho, what do you think about these games becoming future raritys?

Starsky and Hutch
    Space Raiders
    Ribbit King with Demo
    Men in Black 2
    Superman Shadow of Apokolips
    Disney Sports Series
    Casper Spirit Dimensions
    P.K Out of the Shadows
    Tom and Jerry War of the Whiskers
    Scaler (only seen one copy of this game)
    Aquaman Battle for Atlantis
    Pool Paradise

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G
    As for MLB slugfest 2004, I was pretty much the only person that found these for 4.99 I found 2 copies and no one else on CAG reported finding any. These have pretty much disappeared from all the stores around here, however GameStops around the Dallas area have been getting copies of 2k3 in lately.
    I scored one at the $4.99 Circuit City sale a while back, along with slugfest 2003. I've seen a few copies floating around used in my area too (obviously not for $4.99 though).
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what about ultimate muscle? wasnt that on GC?

ive only seen this a couple of times...

QoF: i saw a copy of that super mario sunshine with the black spine at an EB near me, but it was kind of beat up so i didnt buy it. after hemming and hawing for a day or so i went back and it was gone...ive not seen one before or since...canadian release maybe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbertandernie
    what about ultimate muscle? wasnt that on GC?

ive only seen this a couple of times...
    Forgot about that one - yep, it's GC only.

And yes, I agree that it has future potential.
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orrimarrko
    The Dave Mirra "Player's Choice" reissue. I have never seen this in person, and would love to see a pic to confirm that it's actually out there. Obviously for variant hunters, if it's out there, I suspect that it may have been released regionally (as it's an older title, so to speak.)
    There are piles of these at my local Costco. Probably at most other Canadian Costco's as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm having a pretty hard time finding a copy of Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO. I'm willing to bet this will be rare in the future or at the elast, more on the uncommon side.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Resident Evil 2 sell-through was around 35k, RE3 did 55k. Compare that to Warioware, Inc. GCN, which sold under 90k, and isn't considered rare at all. I don't understand why people are paying so much for the RE games.

There are quite a few GC games rarer than these. Mega Man X Command Mission GCN, for instance, had lower sell-through that RE 2 (and none are on ebay right now, incidentally). Redcard 2003 is certainly among the rarest GCN titles (1 sold on ebay in last 3 weeks, none in Ebay Store BIN); soccer games were among the rarest PSX titles, so this isn't surprising.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Dave Mirra "Player's Choice" reissue. I have never seen this in person, and would love to see a pic to confirm that it's actually out there. Obviously for variant hunters, if it's out there, I suspect that it may have been released regionally (as it's an older title, so to speak.)
    If I could get you a pic, I would, but unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera. I spotted it at a Sam Goody.

Regarding Alien Hominid, I don't see it becoming a future rarity. The game's been getting a good share of press, and not just in game magazines - it's mentioned in the games section of the recent issue of Playboy. And I also read somewhere that it's up for an independent game award (I can't remember the details). I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the GC version being more uncommon than the PS2 one in the future, though.

Someone also mentioned Starsky and Hutch - I see this everywhere. Stores can't get rid of them, even at ten bucks.

Here's a future release that might be one to watch out for: Pinball Hall Of Fame. It's been released for PS2 and Xbox, and according to Gamestop.com and Gamespot it's supposed to be released for the GC January 20'th. I'm guessing that anyone who really wanted the game has probably picked it up for the PS2/Xbox by now.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Two days after Alien Hominid came out, QoF and I were around the shops again doing our trawling. We saw two copies of GC AH in total (of which I bought one) and no copies of the PS2 version. We suspected it might not have been printed that much.

Thanks for the info on NCAA Basketball 2K3, that'll help matters along. And yes, it is the only game for the Cube I truly consider "rare" at the moment.

I got lucky on Red Card Soccer, found someone selling it for $15 BIN on eBay about 2 months ago

Myself and (especially) QoF seem to run into copies of Ultimate Muscle and Cubivore in her area (I believe she's seen 3 copies of the latter in the space of a month) so we're not sure how hard to find they actually are. Pool Paradise is still available everywhere we looked, might be hard to find in the future. Space Raiders, Starsky and Aquaman were at a number of shops too.

As for Pinball Hall of Fame, a possibility there. Ditto with the MK game next year as it's already out for the other two, but seeing as there will be new stuff added, it might cause extra sales.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Worms 3D can be a tuffy

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im a beleiver in regional rarity, so cubivore and muscle may have just been sent more to your area of the counrty. there are NES (and to a lesser degree current gen) games that are 'super rare' that i see everywhere here, but people on the boards say theyve never seen them. and games ive never seen are listed as fairly common in the DP guide.

guess you have to go by production numbers where you can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevincure
    There are quite a few GC games rarer than these. Mega Man X Command Mission GCN, for instance, had lower sell-through that RE 2 (and none are on ebay right now, incidentally). Redcard 2003 is certainly among the rarest GCN titles (1 sold on ebay in last 3 weeks, none in Ebay Store BIN); soccer games were among the rarest PSX titles, so this isn't surprising.
    I just came back from a trip to my local Fry's Electronics, and I can tell you that they had at least 8 Mega Man X Command Mission GCN for $39.99 each.

I agree that Red Card is definitely harder to find than many other titles, but not too crazy. In actuality, it's a very fun game, and soccer fans tend to keep their games (as they play them a lot!)

Also, for whoever said Scaler was a hard title to find - definitely not. It's just fairly new. The same store I mentioned above had 11 in stock, for $19.99 each. Same with Backyard Football - at LEAST 15 copies at $12.99 each.

Finally, in regards to the Player's Choice version of Dave Mirra - I said that I feel that the distribution of this reissue was regional in nature. I hit every major store in Austin once per 10 days (5 GameCrazy, 4 Gamestop, 3 EB Games, 7 Targets, 4 Walmarts, 3 Toys 'R Us, and anything else I can think of to check out) and have NEVER seen the Player's Choice version of this game - new or used. It's an older Player's Choice title for an older GCN game, and I believe that it's common in the Northwest, Canada, and other northern regions, but not here.

So, I guess (in no particular order) I would have to say that these are the concensus current harder to find titles:

Sega Sports NCAA Basketball 2K3
    Disney Sports Soccer
    Disney Sports Football
    Disney Sports Basketball
    Disney Sports Skateboarding
    RedCard 20-03
    (maybe) MLB Slugfest 2004 (still not sure about this one)

and I still have to add the Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike in the two disc snap case with the 2nd disc. Although it was only sold at Target stores, there were no identifying marks on the packaging except for that round orange sticker on the outside of the shrinkwrap.

To date, I have yet to hear anyone else mention that they have this reissue.

Good discussion - let's keep it going.
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Same with Backyard Football - at LEAST 15 copies at $12.99 each.
    Backyard Football is NOT hard to find at all. Backyard Baseball on the other hand... never seen the GC version at a store. Seen the PS2 version a few times. Only place I've seen the GC version is on eBay and that's normally going for $40+ easily. Ditto the GBA versions.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw the Rebel Strike III demo for sale at Toys R Us yesterday. It might be 70% off!
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    Backyard Baseball on the other hand... never seen the GC version at a store.
    Hmm... could be another regional thing. I've seen at least three GC copies in the last month.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

What about WDA Tour Tennis (or however's it's called)? I've only seen it twice around here as well.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."