Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock Photos - the worst thing to happen to Ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gapporin
    Stock photo = no bid from me.

I absolutely have to see what I'm bidding on before I buy it. Even if it's a new (generation-wise, not condition-wise) game.
    Same here!!!! I wont even bother with asking them a question to see even if it's still the item I am looking for. They get NONE of my business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by testament89
    I understand where your coming from and in ways I agree, but alot of people including myself don't have a digital camera or another means of getting a picture on-line. Does that mean that they (or me) can't be trusted with what their selling? I have had some good deals in the past by taking risks as you all seem to put it, one particular one off the top of my head was getting both Arc the Lad and Shadow hearts mint and complete for 10 shipped. Yes there wasn't a picture, but the seller described his/her item well and also had excellent feedback, and in the end I think that is what matters most, becuase even if it isn't a stock photo who's to say that they themselfs didn't steal it elsewhere?
    I think that it's CRAZY to buy ANYTHING, not just videogame related without seeing it first!!!

I mean I understand you saying you don't want to buy a digital camera, and I only bought mine for ebay, but you will make more money using a camera to show off your items.

Oh, by the way, I own a piece of the moon I am willing to sell to you.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't really have a problem with people using stock photos. I just wish eBay wouldn't put the camera icon next to auctions that only have stock photos. THAT pisses me off.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ugh, stock photos are irratating me to no end. I swear just about every auction uses them now. Those along with the stock description are the worst thing to happen to eBay in a long time. It wrecks it for us collectors.

I've been trying to pick up a bunch of older PS2 and Gamecube games, many of which are now part of the Greatest Hits or Player's Choice lines. I don't want those, don't like how they look, so I'm trying to get new sealed original copies. With everyone getting lazy and just using stock photos it just makes it all that much harder. It would be nice if they said GH or non-GH version or something along those lines, and I appreciate the ones that do, but unfortunately a lot of them just use the stock description now too. "For description see below". Grrrr. Yeah I could email every seller and ask them but that's just a pain in the arse, especially since 99% of them will probably be GH or PC versions. Even if I was looking for a used copy most of those sellers just use stock photo's and descriptions now too. Finding a new sealed copy of Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter is hard enough, now with the stock photo and description epidemic it's just plain annoying.

Yeah, auction photos can be ripped off from from other people, but at least then you could have a point of false representation of the item and argue about getting a refund.

I'd rather have no picture and a written description (I've gotten some good deals that way) than a stock photo and description.

/rant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The best shit ever was some guy that told me "you may or may not get an instruction manual or greatest hits version." I asked him if what I would get by email and he tells me the same thing.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I include stock photos, but I ALWAYS try to take a picture. Most if not all of my auctions include them, especially in cases where I find a rare game or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll sometimes use stock info to provide the game details that it also provides but I'll always include my own photos as well.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me too. I don't sell very much, but I always include a photo and I usually use the stock info if it is available.

And I just got a digital camera a couple weeks ago. Most photo developing places offer to give you your pictures on a CD in addition to the prints. That's how I got pics on ebay before my digital camera.