Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luigi's Mansion - Where's the love?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

Luigi's Mansion was great. My daughter and I loved playing it together. Its nice to see Luigi get some attention. He is the unsung hero in the Mario Games. The final boss battle was very hard. But after 4 tries I finally beat him.

Good Stuff, I would buy #2 if they ever make one

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga
    And now a question that will probably condemn me, but I'm curious... which did most of you find to be the better game; Luigi's Mansion or Super Mario Sunshine? Sorry, but I'm a slight tad curious.
    Luigi's Mansion--easily. Sunshine just never did it for me. It felt rushed (FMV in a Mario game?!!!!!) and gimicky (if that's a word). It was the only Mario game that I didn't feel compelled to get 100%. Luigi's Mansion might not have been a true Mario adventure, but I feel that at least it was original and fresh. Plus I think its really fun. There is just so many little things that I'm impressed by and it actually feels like a true Nintendo game. A little short? I don't really think so. There's only so many times you can suck up a ghost before it looses it fun. The pacing and the few other things added to the game made it fun and I think a longer quest would have spoiled it. My 2 cents.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I LOVE Luigi's Mansion. I love how the game looks, how it plays, the "voice acting", the way the paper money floats around, the look of the gems and pearls, the music and how Luigi's humming along to it changes the more frightened he gets, and I especially love sucking coins up into the vacuum cleaner. I wonder if there will ever be a sequel?
    Cinnamon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I FINALLY bought the game like 3 months ago. I always watched my girlfriend play it, but never did until a couple of days ago. The game is nothing that just sticks out and can't get enough, but I love the control and gameplay, and something about the game or it's graphics just makes me feel homy. Like in my comfort zone I guess you could say.
    (I hope that makes sense)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf
    The game WAS fun, and fairly decent for a $10-$15 game. But that end battle is just falt out stupid. I think he's got like 500 hp or something, and the most I EVER got off of him was like 15.
    Wrecked the game for me since I'll never finish it, and if I remember right, it's like 10-15 minutes to get BACK to that battle every time you try.
    Ugh, I know exactly what you mean. It took me 3 or 4 times to beat the boss, and everyime you would die, you had to watched that stupid cutscene. Damn them and not giving you an option to skip them!

Overall, it was a fun game. And I freaking loved the music when the proffesor messaged you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Luigi's mansion has so many great memories for me as it was the very first game i got for my cube at the japanese launch.

When this came out i had never seen another game like it the lighting effects were worlds ahead, i spent hours walking round marveling at the way you could mess with the candles & those sheets that moved so realistically.

Hehe and the way luigi would whitsle nervously when you left him alone.

Marrrrioooo, mario.

Damn all this talk has gotten me wanting to have another go (runs to get luigi's mansion off shelf)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga
    I
    And now a question that will probably condemn me, but I'm curious... which did most of you find to be the better game; Luigi's Mansion or Super Mario Sunshine? Sorry, but I'm a slight tad curious.
    Luigi's Mansion is pick up and play fun. You enjoy the whole experience, the graphics are beautifully poliches, the darkness and lighting effects are spot on perfect, the story is funny, and the inventions are just goofy enough to make ya chuckle at the idea that you could be playing in a fantasy world (Which I guess you are )

Mairo SUnshine on the other hand is more difficult, more platform style, more stress inducing, challenging, bright colors and more "bouncy". You will spend a lot more time on Mario Sunshine (as it is a much longer game) and the level design in Sunshine is interesting. There are mini levels in Sunshine that are super-awesome (is that a word).

Either game is a worthwhile purchase, but two completely different bloodlines to compare which is better. I would rather go back and replay Luigi's mansion (for the different endings) than to go back through Mario Sunshine again.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Luigi's Mansion was a great game in it's day (i.e. launch), but I've felt zero desire to go back and play it. The same goes for Mario Sunshine (I enjoyed it while I played it, but I don't have that yearning to go back and play it like I do Super Mario World).

I'd recommend a bunch of games to a new GC owner before I'd recommend that one.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I think it was a great game, though I know I probably wont play it again anytime soon. For a launch game I would say it was pretty good, better then the DS launches anyway in comparision to recent system releases.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

oddly enough, that was the last title i ever sold from my collection before i really started collecting it. it was boring as hell to me and wasnt worth the effort in playing through imo.
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Dredges up from the depths....

I just finished this for the second time tonight. Has anybody ever gotten an A score on your house? I thought I found everything and still only got around 88 million at the end.

EDIT: This topic's so old, it's in the wrong forum! Can a mod move it to the right one please?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar
    Dredges up from the depths....

I just finished this for the second time tonight. Has anybody ever gotten an A score on your house? I thought I found everything and still only got around 88 million at the end.

EDIT: This topic's so old, it's in the wrong forum! Can a mod move it to the right one please?
    Done and Done.
    #vbender

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never got the A score, but this thread got me to remembering the launch of that little GameCube. We got them in, excitedly cracked one open, oohed and aaahed over it's teeny "real life" size, hooked it up as a shop demo, and tossed in Luigi's Mansion. The lighting effects are still some of the best that I've ever seen in a game. Based on what we saw that month, I honestly thought that the Cube was going to settle in and kick the other console's asses.

*sigh*

It kind of would have been nice to be right. Revolution / Wii.....I fear that your destiny precedes you.