Thread: Xbox live content.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Xbox live content.

I recently had been playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and I noticed it has extra content available on Xbox Live. I've searched through the OXM discs, and I can't seem to find the content there, so do I have no other option to get this update without modding my xbox? The update isn't big enough to warrant buying the pc version seperate unless it's really cheap, but I wanted to know if there was some way to do it via memory cards or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

I suggest you use one of those free 2 month Xbox Live trials, download the update, enjoy Live for 2 months, and cancel. (Though my money says you're gonna have so much fun on Live you'll end up paying for it).

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I neglected the most important detail, I don't have broadband, and it isn't that readily available in my area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Well, as far as I know, you're scrwed then barring some major hassle. Most downloaded content can't be put on a memory card, and even if it could, most of it is too large to fit on one (they're only 8mb). The only thing I could think of is having your Xbox modded or swapping in a HD with the download content already installed, but that's like pulling teeth with a jackhammer.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

The extra content for KOTOR includes a space station with all of the most powerful objects in the game:

-two VERY powerful light saber crystals that produce sabers of unique colors and properties

-super-duper armors that increase skills (like Stealth), give special immunities (one that gives 100% immunity to fire, cold, and sonic - just need the 100% electricity immunity belt from Kashyyyk to make yourself impervious to all special attacks)

-very powerful implants - some that give like +5 to certain stats, another that gives immediate mastery-level feat for all weapons in the game except for light sabers...good stuff

There's a bunch of other good stuff there, too - guns, swords, etc. No good pistols, though. Make sure to play Pazaak like 10x with the guy there, as he will give you a 10% discount after that (and on these prices that is significant). You will most likely not be able to afford everything, but sell all your thermal detonators (you won't need them once you get those crystals and they're 1300 a pop) and other useless items (but not the computer spikes - you need a fair number of them to get the robes later) and you should have enough cash to buy good items for your most important / most used characters.

So: I would recommend seeing if you could take your Xbox somewhere and copy the content from a friend or something via the linking cable or whatever you can do. These items, quite frankly, ROCK.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

The extra content for KOTOR includes a space station with all of the most powerful objects in the game:

-two VERY powerful light saber crystals that produce sabers of unique colors and properties

-super-duper armors that increase skills (like Stealth), give special immunities (one that gives 100% immunity to fire, cold, and sonic - just need the 100% electricity immunity belt from Kashyyyk to make yourself impervious to all special attacks)

-very powerful implants - some that give like +5 to certain stats, another that gives immediate mastery-level feat for all weapons in the game except for light sabers...good stuff

There's a bunch of other good stuff there, too - guns, swords, etc. No good pistols, though. Make sure to play Pazaak like 10x with the guy there, as he will give you a 10% discount after that (and on these prices that is significant). You will most likely not be able to afford everything, but sell all your thermal detonators (you won't need them once you get those crystals and they're 1300 a pop) and other useless items (but not the computer spikes - you need a fair number of them to get the robes later) and you should have enough cash to buy good items for your most important / most used characters.

So: I would recommend seeing if you could take your Xbox somewhere and copy the content from a friend or something via the linking cable or whatever you can do. These items, quite frankly, ROCK.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reminder - I just started a free 2 month trial yesterday to give XB Live Arcade a shot and will have to d/l the KOTOR update too.
    \\ : NUON-Dome : / "The place to go for all things NUON." - Edge Magazine

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reminder - I just started a free 2 month trial yesterday to give XB Live Arcade a shot and will have to d/l the KOTOR update too.
    \\ : NUON-Dome : / "The place to go for all things NUON." - Edge Magazine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer
    There you go: take your Xbox and your free 2-month trial to a friend's house that has broadband. Free and easy.