Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    [Panzer Dragoon Saga should be on the Holy Grails list
    Nonsense. When several thousand copies of a game exist, it's certainly not a 'holy grail'.
    I didn't know there were that many copies made. I thought it was scarce.
    there were like 10000 copies produced

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nonsense. When several thousand copies of a game exist, it's certainly not a 'holy grail'.
    So according to the list Dragon Ball GT Final Bout had a run of about 10,000 copies and is considered a "holy grail". That would make it equal to Panzer Dragoon Saga. So it should be somewhere on a list. :P
    Systems owned: 2600, 5200, Lynx, Jaguar w/CD, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, N64 w/DrV64, Gamecube, GB, GBA SP, Game.com, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Turbo Grafx 16, Game Gear, Master System, Genesis w/32X and CD, JVC X'Eye, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mmmmm, didn't know Slap Shot was somewhat rare on the Master System. I have a cart only but paid $.99 cents for it so not bad.
    Systems owned: 2600, 5200, Lynx, Jaguar w/CD, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, N64 w/DrV64, Gamecube, GB, GBA SP, Game.com, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Turbo Grafx 16, Game Gear, Master System, Genesis w/32X and CD, JVC X'Eye, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allsport11
    So according to the list Dragon Ball GT Final Bout had a run of about 10,000 copies and is considered a "holy grail". That would make it equal to Panzer Dragoon Saga. So it should be somewhere on a list. :P
    GT WAS arguably a grail in 2002, but it was rereleased in 2004 and is now common as dirt. The original release still brings *decent* money, but nowhere near what it used to.

PDS is a kick ass game, but it's more of an Unholy Grail if you look at the number on ebay at any given time.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman943
    doubisa challenge and star scape for saturn are def the holy grails for saturn, going for about 800 dollars each... followed up by tomorau, silvergun,PDS, final fight revenge, and Crows
    Where can I learn more about these games? They dont show up in a Rarity Guide search.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd put the original Intellivision computer adapter (with game tapes) on the list if it isn't already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, the idea behind not paying for an "Unholy Grail" is pretty solid in that a re-release or remake can bring the value of the original down in any point in time, but I take issue with the notion that I should be buying Buster Douglas Boxing or Slap Shot instead of Phantasy Star, say. Of course, I didn't pay $50 for my copy of Phantasy Star, though...probably nowhere near that

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Of course, I didn't pay $50 for my copy of Phantasy Star, though...probably nowhere near that :D
    I did, and I *still* don't regret it.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well OK, point conceded on the Panzer Dragoon Saga. I guess it's more like the domestic equivalent of D&D Collection. It's scarce, but it's not rare, and it's in high demand. But tell me this, is Hyper Duel really as rare as I think it is, and is a factory sealed copy really worth $300 to anyone else besides me? I'm very anal about only buying factory sealed games, just to be the first to open them up and play them, but I've never payed $300 for a game just to open it up and play it before. So I'm really wondering just how rare a factory sealed copy is, and if I'm really gonna be able to let myself open it to play it.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm...I seem to have several of these holy grails.

But choose wisely...., for while the true Grail will bring you life, the false Grail will take it from you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default holy grail what exactly it

Holy grail to some people is to simply own a mint final fantasy 1. Its all in the mind of the beholder. To me a real general holy grail is something of a pandoras box something you'd find in the next sequel of indiana jones. So saying that I think of a true holy grail as those games that achieve usually but not always $1000 + a game that is unrelead, a game that is wanted by many collectors willing to pay a huge sum. eg :bidding stops at $500 for most of the collectors and then a bidding war between only 2 or 3 people carry it to a $1000 is not a true holy grail.
    A game that could not be bought retail , like a prize or heaven forbid a lost proto that is almost complete but was lost in the midsts of time with substational evidence to prove its one of a kind and also that its not a replica and uses coding technolgy surpassing anything of its time and even better its part of a franchise.
    So lets call it the lost ultima sequel, never released on any console and known as say ultima 0. Created for the 3do m2 and all info was lost on it and then one day the programmer dies and all documantation and source and game go onto auction as part of a will. This would be a hell of a holy grail. Back to reality though My personal holy grails though incredibly ambitious and I may never live to see the day include things such as a new mint halycon player with the 2 sealed games for it and throw in a sealed 32x daraxide and I will feel peace that will last a long long time. (never could afford it though unless i win the lottery)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Historian Live

It's all very subjctive...

For me, a sealed 2600 Fathom signed by Rob Fullop would be the Ultimate Holy Grail. However this is purely based on events in my life. As the cart isn't really that rare and Rob is still around to pester for an autograph, it is attainable. That said I'd just about sell my soul for this... so if anyone has one around, I'll fgure out a way to get you a King's ransom for it...
    Community Manager for Acclaim Games Inc.
    http://www.acclaim.com

Cherry (Level 1) ClassicGameTrader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    stillgetmine199

doubisa challenge and star scape for saturn are def the holy grails for saturn, going for about 800 dollars each... followed up by tomorau, silvergun,PDS, final fight revenge, and Crows
    I have Taromaru, i payed $50 for it making it my best ever video game investment. There were somewhere between 5-7000 copies made of it before the company that produced it closed. Its a good collectable!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My holy grails at the moment:

Rodland complete
    Cheetahmen 2 complete
    Proto Bard's Tale
    M82 unit

Needed holy grails:

NYC cart
    Caltron complete
    Myriad complete
    Stadium Events complete
    and any proto!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have never heard of Doubisa Challenge or Star Scape. However, Delisoba Deluxe for the Saturn can pull in an astronomical amount of money. It has gone down in value recently I believe, but I know of people who have paid well over $1000 for a copy. Also Waltz for the Saturn is very rare and expensive.

I don't really believe Silvergun to be that rare. There are always tons of copies of it about! Taromaru is quite rare, but there are a fair few floating around. You just have to wait a little bit, and one will come up.

Not long ago videogameimports.com had a whole load of them, including several sealed copies!

Crows, again, it can pull in a bit of money but is not too hard to track down. I know one person who has about 8 copies of it ...

Vroomfunkel

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This - as a sealed game, anyway, was a grail for me for a long time, recently obtained

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, videogameimports.com, I love them! They do tend to be very expensive for us Americans on some things, but they're very reasonable on others, and they sure do have a knack for locating the impossible to locate! That's where my factory sealed Hyper Duel is coming from. And I must say that they are very good people too. Lee has been very patient and very understanding with me about holding that game for me while I make payments on it. So I don't feel bad about giving them my business at all. I did end up cancelling one of my orders with them not too long ago, because I found what I was looking for somewhere else for only half of what they were gonna charge me for it, but Lee didn't even complain about it at all, he just congratulated me on the find, and wished me luck in my continued collecting pursuits. At first, I thought that he was a bit of a scalper, and maybe he is to a degree, but considering that he specializes in the rarest of the rare the way he does, I can certainly digress that he deserves to be compensated for his services! He's gotten me stuff that everyone else told me was impossible to locate!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Iron, I have an unsealed copy of Hyper Duel that I'd be willing to sell to you.

By anyway, my holy grail would be my collection of Sega Saturn Magazine. 1-37. I think that's pretty rare to get and find... and my issues are in great condition who have been owned by ONE guy only before me. He bought them as they came out and have a year and half ago sold them to me.

It cost me mucho $$ but I'm proud to say I own one of the finest gaming mags ever printed... the UK Sega Saturn Magazine!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think there are quite a few AES game that..consider to be $$$$..
    .. also are we talking about value$ of game or..play value of game's
    personally.. i like SHMUP and rpg's..cause they have a great replay value for me.. also most retain their values$..so it' won't hurt your wallet that much if you decide to exchange it for other genres of gaming
    GOOD SELLER'S: lone_monster, *BUYER"S**FantasiaWHT , The_Chosen_One, max 330 mega, DDCecil, video_game_addict, optic_85, **underexposed+ **, Querjek, buffquinn, Crush Crawfish, The Collector, pseudonym, bobdrywalls , charitycasegreg, y-bot, Captain Yashiro, ** Lady Jaye**,, buttasuperb

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My main grail is an Adventurevision. If I could get 1 more think for my collection it would be a boxed Adventurevision and its whole library.