Thread: Man I am so mad.. [eBay Insanity Contest]

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Man I am so mad.. [eBay Insanity Contest]

I didn't know the eBay contest ended 6pm EST.. I thought it was midnight.. I come home to post some new auctions and it's over. Oh well..

I had a "similar" idea to the video game appliances before he posted his.. mine was "Gary Kitchen's Kitchen Appliances" -- most people don't know that as the video game crash came Gary Kitchen toyed with designing kitchen appliances.

Such items were:

Microwave GK-1 -- Gary designed a microwave for home use, but it had a series of binary code on the front to program it to cook.. ie: 1011010001. Test markets showed it's too complicated to use and Activision shelved the idea. This was a pre-cursor to Gary Kitchen's Gamemaker for the Commodore 64. Even though it was complicated as well, Activision decided to release it anyway.

Wireless Toaster GK-1 -- Most people don't know that Gary actually helped Atari design their wireless controllers. Imagine waking up in the morning and having breakfast on your sunlit back porch. The reason the toaster didn't catch on is because it used an infrared beam, which made it almost impossible to use anywhere practical because the toaster had to be in direct view of the infrared receiver to work. People also burned their hands on the toaster because it was metal.

Pac-Man Juicer GK-1 -- Activision couldn't secure the rights to use Pac-Man as a juicer, so very few of these ever got produced. People stuck an orange into Pac-Man's mouth and cranked the handle. He went "wokka wokka wokka" and out came fresh orange juice.

... I had more in the works, but obviously don't need to work on them anymore.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

I was going to do one with the 2 Master Systems that I use as bookends, and the Genesis sports carts that I use to support a bookshelf, but I got home too late to get the auction(s) up.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, I'm going to post the text I wrote up in the eBay Insanity Contest thread, just so it doesn't go to waste (won't be good next year )

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

i personally am impressed that no one made a warm chocolate puddin' monitor. I would have, if I could have thought of a good way to pull it off.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I'm claiming those ideas in my original post for next year, so nobody can take them. I still have some pictures made here that I'm saving for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Erm, nevermind then...guess it'll have to go here:

Fallen basketball hoop too big to pick up? [Ed Note: Yes, there was going to be a picture of a fallen basketball hoop. My big hurdle...speaking of sports equipment yes heh...would've been getting together some kind of "success!" picture; would've been hard to tape together enough stuff to look like a Katamari, and you sure bet this basketball hoop wouldn't have been in it.]

Grapefruit halves refusing to fold up like a tidy tangerine? [Easy; had half a grapefruit, and tangerines]

Getting ready for another season of Katamari-ing in the coming year but unsure if your skills are up to the challenge? We have a product for you!

Anyone who's successfully got a camp fire going knows the secret! Fires must be built from small pieces called "tinder," which is often hard to find in a damp forest! Likewise, any successful Katamari-ist has likely spent inordinate amounts of time trying to find appropriate items to increase the size of their Katamari. Many backs have been thrown out, dreams dashed, and hairs have been pulled in frustration (or needless desparation) due to the current shortage of Katamari-able clutter, costing private individuals and small business owners an estimated $30Bn per year in recovery and mental health related costs! We hear your plight! WE CAN HELP!

Included is part #34016-22, "Catach-All Katamari Construction Assistance Kit." It provides items sufficient to begin construction of a Katamari using the Catach-All Super Slimline Katamari (NOT INCLUDED - refer to part #100-22).

Included with the Catach-All Katamari Construction Assistance Kit is one Katamari-able Materials Location Tool, manufactured out of the finest materials and various small pieces of Catach-All's patented "Katamari

As a FREE BONUS, if bidding exceeds $10, I will include the dealer's special hint sheet "Ways to Extend the Lifetime of your Super Slim Katamari, Greatest Hits Volume Three" - a $2.33 value!

Note: except where indicated, pictures indicate types of items that CAN be rolled up, and are not included! Furthermore, 4-D Warriors does not necessarily advocate balling items of the types shown and cannot be held accountable for Katamari-ing practices that are not in accordance with the manual!

(italics)Other offers from 4-D Warriors, Inc.(/italics)
    For those who wish to take - or throw - their Katamri further with greater ease, Catach-All's Drain Trap Division produces an Organic Manipulator, officially licensed by BM EASTech! Recommended for use by the affluent individual or small business owner, this model has enhanced flexibility, range and tolerances, including the ability to manipulate organic masses! Approved for use after extensive testing by Dog.

(italics)About 4-D Warriors, Inc.(/italics)
    4-D Warriors, Inc. has been in the resource management and recovery business since 1985, back when we started with a simple rocket backpack and a handful of crystals. Against all odds, we managed to engage the services of various Bio-Monsters and increased the size of our corporation; now we are proud employers of over 5,313 distinct entities (though many are clones) and are an employee-owned organization. Despite a tendency to sine wave towards the nearest threat, our culturally diverse team has managed to eliminate all notable differences and is known for highly focused, effective solutions delivered via air, sea, land, or outer space. In 2004 4-D Warriors was awarded the INKA's coveted "Best Practices Award" for capably incorporating recent advances in Europe and Asia into a coherent, scalable resource acquisition program.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i was going to post another too...shouldve read the directions better i guess.

checking my stupid auction i just notcied the views are at something like 950...

WTF?

Apple (Level 5) Lord Contaminous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Y'all love the thrill of battling the entire world for one small thing don't ya?

fuck that I'm all about BIN.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Ha ha, nice background info on the 4-D Warriors there, Ed.

I really wish you could've pulled off the warm' chocolate puddin' monitor, Cyromancer. That would've rocked so hard.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Interestingly enough, I've been to a couple INTA conferences...INKA is totally made up, though :)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't totally care about the prize. I had fun making up stuff!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was going to post one too but I procrastinated and I got left out.
    ~Rich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I had alot of fun with it last year and was going to do one or two this year myself...but life got in the way

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I made one, and had a few other Ideas, but I got lazy. Oh well.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the other thread is locked, so heres the statement i got today...also at 1600 views!

a few things. A) this is NOT a top load NES... it's a front load. You have it standing on it's back. B) why do you have a Genesis controller with it. that wont work. C) Sonic the Hedgehog is for the SEGA GENESIS. It will NOT work with that beat up NES you have. You really should pull this auction and save yourself the embarassment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8162184592

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i had a few ideas, was too lazy, and too cheap to piss away the listing fees.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So when do they announce the winner anyway?!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by yuppicide
    It doesn't work that way.

I'll put up a page with ALL of the auctions, and our members will vote on each one. Instructions to follow. I should have it all in place this weekend!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, that's what I thought. I just hadn't heard anything in days so I figured I'd ask. Thanks for the info. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Quote Originally Posted by yuppicide
    It doesn't work that way.

I'll put up a page with ALL of the auctions, and our members will vote on each one. Instructions to follow. I should have it all in place this weekend!

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Check out mine for someone asking if I also have a pong net I could sell, and I now have a serious bidder as well.