Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NES Multicart question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So it only has 20 games? Have you tried turning it on, then turning the power off and immediately turning the power back on again? Two of my multi's have a 'Side B' that you can only access with a hard reset like that.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    So it only has 20 games? Have you tried turning it on, then turning the power off and immediately turning the power back on again? Two of my multi's have a 'Side B' that you can only access with a hard reset like that.
    Nope, looks like it only has 20 games. Oh well, it's still a blast. Sigh...how I wish I had my old one again, I'd almost never need to change carts =D.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WTH I hate you hellvin! :P

I've been looking for that particular cart for 5 years; I had it when I was young and it has a hack for the game chubby cherub called king of ghosts which I couldn't stop playing. A year ago, when I saw what I thought was that game I picked it up but was disapointed to see that the ghost had been replaced with some fat angel.

The box to mine was different though so they could be different multicarts with the same label.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

REDHERRING: you dont suppose it was replaced with a CHUBBY CHERUB?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only 20 games?? That is alot of games if they are 20 diffrent games. Mutli-cartridges usualy dont have this many diffrent games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Only 20 games?? That is alot of games if they are 20 diffrent games. Mutli-cartridges usualy dont have this many diffrent games.
    The one I had when I was a kid that my dad bought for me on a business trip had almost the EXACT label and cart color and it was called 999 in 1. And it had that many games selections on it. It was AWESOME. There were actually probably about in reality 150-200 games on it (which yeah, is still A LOT) but a ton of selections were variations/different levels. Some of the games I remember are balloon fight, arabian, pooyan, mappy, adventure island, some ikari warriors like game that took place in medieval times, donkey kong 1-3, popeye.......man it was awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SuperVision multi's are overall good multicarts, i have quite a few pirates and i must say SV carts have cool games on it.
    Ofcourse there are some very commons on them too but still i was surprised how good they are.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    The one I had when I was a kid that my dad bought for me on a business trip had almost the EXACT label and cart color and it was called 999 in 1. And it had that many games selections on it. It was AWESOME. There were actually probably about in reality 150-200 games on it (which yeah, is still A LOT) but a ton of selections were variations/different levels. Some of the games I remember are balloon fight, arabian, pooyan, mappy, adventure island, some ikari warriors like game that took place in medieval times, donkey kong 1-3, popeye.......man it was awesome.
    No.. these 999 in 1 doesnt have that many games. It wasnt possible to have 150 diffrent games on 1 cartridge, it was not enough space.
    I have many multi cartridges, and its usualy.. i would guess an average about 10 diffrent games on each. I have 1 cartridge that have maybe 20-30 diffrent games.
    The biggest multi cartridge i have, got 9999999 in 1. Takes forever to scroll through all the "games".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    No.. these 999 in 1 doesnt have that many games. It wasnt possible to have 150 diffrent games on 1 cartridge, it was not enough space.
    I have many multi cartridges, and its usualy.. i would guess an average about 10 diffrent games on each. I have 1 cartridge that have maybe 20-30 diffrent games.

The biggest multi cartridge i have, got 9999999 in 1. Takes forever to scroll through all the "games".
    Hmmm, yeah you're probably right. It was a ton of variations but I'm guessing there had to be at least 30 games on there. At least.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

30 games might work
    Atleast what i know its impossible to have 100+ NES games on 1 cartridge. Remember a friend borrowed the multi cartridge with Contra on it Was cool! He also borrowed one with Ninja Gaiden 2 i think.

I bet with todays technoligy you can make a NES cartridge that have 500+ games on it. Would have been cool to have the knowledge to do so. If i did i would probly try to make one hehe

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

That's not entirely true. I've seen ones that, while they may not have as many UNIQUE games as they promise, have around 100 or more truly different games.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell
    That's not entirely true. I've seen ones that, while they may not have as many UNIQUE games as they promise, have around 100 or more truly different games.
    I like to see proof before i belive this. It cant have been 100+ commersial games atleast. You do have Action 52 for example who have 52 diffrent games, but these games sux!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hes not saying all of the games are fabtastic, just different.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the NES pirate "Golden Game 260-in-1" -- there might not be 260 individual games on that cart, but it still has about 105. So it is possible to have around 100 individual games on a single NES cart.

My copy is not exactly in pristine condition, but this is a very cool cart nonetheless...

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

anyone interested can check out my multis here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v509/q...dernie/multis/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Proclus
    I have the NES pirate "Golden Game 260-in-1" -- there might not be 260 individual games on that cart, but it still has about 105. So it is possible to have around 100 individual games on a single NES cart.

My copy is not exactly in pristine condition, but this is a very cool cart nonetheless...
    Yeah, the old cart I had defenitely had at least 30 - 80 unique games. I just remember it being A LOT. I'm also kind curious about the box I have....it says video dean video computer or something like that and shows a ton of 2600 box covers...there hasnt ever been some nes cart with 2600 games on it has there? Maybe I'll have to recheck the store since I'm off tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ya, I don't know what Jajaja is talking about. I have 6 NES multicarts and the smallest one has 31 unique games. The largest one has 101 unique games. It's called "Powerful 250 in 1" but 150 of the selections are hacks. Some of the hacks are really weird too like SMB swim version where you swim every single level and a graphic hack of SMB using SMB2J graphics, but otherwise faithful to the original.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya, I don't know what Jajaja is talking about. I have 6 NES multicarts and the smallest one has 31 unique games. The largest one has 101 unique games. It's called "Powerful 250 in 1" but 150 of the selections are hacks. Some of the hacks are really weird too like SMB swim version where you swim every single level and a graphic hack of SMB using SMB2J graphics, but otherwise faithful to the original.
    If you dont know what im talking about, im talking about multi-cartridge games ;P
    Im also talking about commersial games. Not small homemade games like on Action 52. Show me a ROM or something of a game that have over 100 diffrent commersial games and i will belive you
    With commersial i mean like super mario bros, donkey kong, pinball etc etc...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you dont know what im talking about, im talking about multi-cartridge games ;P
    Im also talking about commersial games. Not small homemade games like on Action 52. Show me a ROM or something of a game that have over 100 diffrent commersial games and i will belive you
    With commersial i mean like super mario bros, donkey kong, pinball etc etc...
    I have a rom that is something like 72 in 1 or something of the like and it had the EXACT same menu as the one I had. Except no where near as many games. There are tons that are not on that rom that I remember having.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As far as I know it isnt possible to fit over 100 commersial games on 1 NES cartridge, but I would love if someone proved that i am wrong, because then the hunt is on for this cartridge