Page 111 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I live in MA, US. My favorite game at the moment is Battlefield 2: MC for PS2 although, my all time favorite game though is either MGS for PSX or Silent Hill for PSX (huge fan of the Silent Hill series). I'm a bit slow to adopt next gen consoles, preferring to wait until they drop in price (especially the PS3!). Anytime I see a cheap PS2 game I pick it up even if it sucks. I'm primarily collecting for DC at the moment though. I'm 20, and I'm a nurse's aide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Jonathan and I’m 23 years old.
    I live in Alabama.
    I was referred by a friend who has been a long time lurker.
    As for my favorite games it’s almost impossible to narrow it down to just one, so I’ll say just about anything on the NES.
    I’m really only collecting for the NES.
    In real life I am self employed / student.
    As for other interesting facts about myself; I love all things aviation, fly rc planes, always have an 80s web stream playing in winamp (xmms when in Linux), and have about a month left on my Computer Science degree.

Insert Coin (Level 0) 8Ways2Tuesday's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! My name is Kalli and I'm from Southeast Michigan. My family had a TI99/4a when I was about three or four, but it died and subsequently went into the garbage around the same time we got a Super Nintendo.

And that was about it - I didn't know what a Playstation was until my senior year of college when my best friend introduced me to Kingdom Hearts. Admittedly, I was a little intimidated because the characters spoke and obviously things were happening with that controller that were not natural!

Within a year I'd acquired a Playstation, PS2, GBA and Gamecube. And now there are about fourteen systems plugged into my TV, and my co-workers like to guess what color DS I have with me.

Crack would be cheaper.

I started importing in early 2006 and found this messageboard while looking for info on Super Famicom power supplies - and instead found an online store I hadn't heard of and just bought a whole one instead of trying to find pieces.

I'm not a 'completist' collector. I'm happy to be able to enjoy stories and characters. I avidly collect things from Enix, Atlus, Square and Nihon Falcom.

And yeah, I really do name characters without a default name 'Bubba'.

I'm admittedly a n00b in many respects, and have learned an amazing amount from just browsing the boards for the last couple days.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Kevin, im 19 and from Toronto, Canada.
    I own an XBOX, PSP, N64, SNES, Dreamcast, PC engine II. I mainly collect for the SNES.

I found out about this forum because i recently acquired Samurai Shodown PAL version for the SNES and was wondering how much it is worth. It led me to this site as there were posting of collections but I have not seen anyone having this cartridge yet.

I love playing video games, FPS (Counter Strike, BF1942, etc.) and WC3 (this is the same handle on azeroth but i play DOTA (UMS) now most of the time). Im looking for a mature good community(forum), i read a lot at IGN & Kotaku but Kotaku does not have a forum (i don't think they do) and IGN forum is a mess. Things besides gaming, hmmm, I like listening to "all types of music" (no trance or country =P), i think video game music is amazing! and i think i know about computers (beyond a flake I believe).

games i currently play (or can play) on PC: UT2k4, CS 1.6, CSS, TFC (DRIPPYS!!!), WC3:FT, BF1942

TEAM FORTRESS 2 COMING SOON!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduce Yourself!

Hello fellow gamers,

I'm from Toronto, Canada and my name is Daniel Teixeira.

I first started playing video games when I was seven back in 1989 thanks to the emergence of my all-time favorite video gaming system, the good ol' NES.

Classic gaming continues to interest me to this day. Newer games haven't really won me over as of yet.

The Sega Genesis was the last system that I ever bought.

I consider myself a video game player, rather than a video game collector. I buy games with the intent of beating them to the pulp.

When I see people making comments about certain games being "impossible" to beat, this motivates me to prove them wrong. I always take it a step further when defying the odds. So for example if I manage to finish a game without dying, I will then attempt to finish it without dying without ever picking up any items. I did so with Friday the 13th (NES) for instance and that is my greatest gaming achievement by far (while finishing Predator (NES) without dying would be a close second, since it took a lot of persistence to pull that one off [about five straight hours of playing]!).

I have sent speed runs to Twin Galaxies to prove people wrong. I never even knew about the site until someone challenged me to prove that I could beat a game in the stated way (beating Mike Tyson in the first round in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!). Anything is possible though, as they have all realized by now. I feel that anyone can beat any game if they dedicate enough time and remain determined until the end (show heart in other words), no matter how trying the circumstances may seem.

Writing is something that I would like to pursue as a career, preferably in the field of sports and entertainment.

I have written one full video game FAQ for the obscure NES release by the name of Power Punch II. I also assisted Brian Sulpher with his Friday the 13th FAQ. Those were both equally fun to work on.

I keep up with my writing skills by adding information into my gaming document, although it has been a while since I last updated it. This is basically a 269 page document (thus far) that tracks every game that I have finished, with the dates of when each game was first played and finished, ratings and comments for each game, self made screenshots and my greatest accomplishments in each game. Top ten lists and diary-like stories are also shared. This document is meant to preserve cherished memories, as well as to inspire others to see that anything is truly possible if one puts their mind to it.

I love a good challenge and am currently trying to beat Power Punch II for the NES with 200 points as the Final Rating, which is the highest possible score. This isn't something that is supposed to be possible, but I don't give a damn what Beam Software had in mind when putting this game together, 200 will be reached!

The designers did everything in their power to make it unreachable, but as He-Man always used to say: "I have the power!" (okay that was pretty cheesy, sorry). I will then update the FAQ for the last time. I'm hoping that DreamTR will be able to help me with one of the sections, since he owns the prototype of Mike Tyson's Intergalactic Power Punch, but I'll have to ask him obviously.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys,

My name is Jamie, and I live in Sheffield in the UK, I design and make (mostly coding) video games for a living, I'm mostly play god games (civ4 etc on PC). Computers I have include, Atari 800xl, BBC B, Atari ST (x2), Amiga 500, a couple of PC's and a few laptops. Aside from computers / games, my other interests include salsa / running / yoga / tai chi.

Did I miss anything?
    Last edited by cosmic4z; 04-06-2007 at 08:36 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) bennyleeiowa's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, My name is Ben. I love playing video games. I try to stay true to my roots in sticking with Nintendo! After all it is how the gaming industry go to where it is today! My favorite sports game is Ken Griffey Jr presents Major League Baseball for SNES!!! I'am recently trying to get my NES collection up to speed! My roommate Jake brought me to this site

Chasing the chuckwagon. schnuth's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all! I've been lurking here for the past month so it's about time I introduce myself. My name is Aaron Schnuth and I've been collecting classic games on and off for the past 13 years or so. I used to hang out on rec.games.video.classic when newsgroups were still the place to go.

I found myself breaking out my game collection recently, and a trip to the old newsgroup showed that mostly everyone had moved on. So I decided to look and see what was happening over here since I still have a couple old DP guides. It's really great to see the community still thriving even if it's no longer centered on the newsgroup.

I used to collect for everything I could get my hands on, but quickly found I couldn't afford to do such things nor did I have the room before I bought a house. These days I mainly focus on collecting NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS1, and Gameboy stuff.

But I have many other systems that includes my large Atari 2600 (VCS) collection that has been stuck at around 350 games for forever. I can't remember the last time I found a Atari game in the wild. I also have a couple Vectrex systems one of which I found as I was moving into my house a few years ago. The thrifts have dried up so bad around here in recent years it's just sad.

I'm 32 years old and live in Toledo, OH. So that's who I am. Nice to meet you.

Aaron
    Last edited by schnuth; 04-10-2007 at 12:09 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) jsaxton1981's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all, today is my first visit here, because of the "it calm beef min" thread.

My name is James, and I am starting a LAN Gaming center in NH and I am pretty big into gaming, not as big as some of you but hey a gamers a gamer in my book.

I am 25 years old huge into computer gaming (WoW, CS 1.6 and so on...) also got a 360 which is broken at the moment :'( and a first gen NES which serves as back-up to the 360.

~James aka Marlboro Man
    Are you ready for the ultimate gaming experience? http://www.thelanzden.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys.

I've been a spuedo-lurker for around a year now, and finally decided to create an account.

My names Matt. I'm a 23-year-old journalist, who is broke as a joke. I love collecting anything out of the 8-bit and 16-bit era. I like the boards sensibility, so hopefully I'll blend in nice and quietly

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

long time lurker, first time poster

Im Jeremy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is Orlando I'm 22 and I live in a small town in California. I guess you could say I've been collecting games since I had my first nintendo in the late 80s, but I didn't collect games so much as didn't get rid of them. The super nes is my favorite system of all time and Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best game ever. I found this site while looking at a bunch of snes and nes sites and I have to say it's nice to be around like minded individuals

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: Daniel
    - Where you live: South Wales, UK
    - How you found the forums: Google
    - What your favorite games are: Retro wise I guess Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike & Cannon Fodder
    - What systems you collect for: Lots
    - What you do in "real life": I run a retro gaming online shop aswell as do IT contracting.

Nice site, one of the best info sources I have found, are there many UK people on here? or mostly US?

DJH

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nick names buck and i come here to be a big dog on a forums and im just rollin rollin rollin rollin

owna xbox and 360. owna ps1 2 and 3. owna nes and am buying games by the bunch is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-----
    Last edited by darkhades; 05-29-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) barflytke401's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eric-Ohio-NES, SNES, GB, N64, GC, PS1, PS2-Ops Manager by day, RPG Gamer at night...that's about it...
    "I love the Power Glove. It's so bad!---Lucas "The Wizard" 1989

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HEYA EVERYONE!

I've known about his website for almost a year. I've been using it as a resource to compile videogame lists so I can work towards completing entire libraries and to see how rare certain items are.

I started gaming when I was 5. My first system was the Colecovision. I am a collector as well as a gamer. I currently own over 1,200+ games, 20+ systems, not including duplicates and expendables. Everything is complete and in great to mint condition.
    ~Summit Wind

HAIL to the greatest advance in mass miscommunication that is The Internet!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Aloha

Hi. I'm Mouse. Been lurking here for a bit. Decided to get an account because I have a "prototype" I want help with.

I love video games, especially 2D platformers like Mario 3 and Castlevania and such, games involving robots, and games that are open and allow for a lot of exploring and experimenting. I love big, wide worlds in games.

Also I am fascinated by early versions, demos, unfinished games, and that sort of thing as well as oddities, pirated versions, hacks, and games not released in my country. The weird stuff.

Right now I am in the middle of a torrid affair with my PSP since I can run so many cool things on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey people im eddie & ive finally registered on here. i dont have too many games after selling them off over the years but im interested in collecting again. im not too anal about collecting completes. im just interested in carts & manuals. no boxes here or completes or sealed boxes, etc.

what i collect:

1. nes
    2. n64
    3. snes
    4. atari 2600

Insert Coin (Level 0) Ace Comics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    CMT Ace

Heyyy all,

Long time lurker, first time poster and all that. This is a great place to kill an afternoon... or afternoons. Wonderful amount of information, and nice people.

I'm not yet all-in as a collector... just dug out the old NES and planning on ordering a new 72-pinner. After that, planning on rooting thru some local used book stores for games (Phoenix, AZ area).

All the neat stuff here really makes me regret how nonchalant I was with loaning out games, and not worrying about getting'em back... that's for sure.

Anyhoo... thanks for havin' me... I look forward to taking part!
    -Chris