Page 112 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Quint Zieltjens
    - Where you live
    Tilburg, Holland
    - How you found the forums
    Got it from a guy from Assemblergames.com
    - What your favorite games are
    Zelda-games, Mario-games, RPG's and Action Adventures
    - What systems you collect for
    I collect Zelda-stuff; basically everything with Zelda on it, as long as it's official. I also have all of the games published by Nintendo on the GameCube; NTSC, JAP and PAL.
    - What you do in "real life"
    I'm a 2nd year student at the University of Tilburg; I study Psychology. Other then that, I work at an electronics shop.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I started collecting when I basically had a whole bunch of Zelda-games already and noticed it was my favourite game-series. I then got a few goodies and realized I loved having them. Ever since that moment, which was about 3 years ago, I started collecting A LOT.

Other then that, Im the webmaster/head editor of the largest Nintendo website of the Benelux; www.Wii-DS.nl. Im also an editor at the largest Zelda-website in the world: www.ZeldaUniverse.net

It makes me get all of the Wii and DS-games for free + I have direct contacts with all of the publishers.
    Last edited by Zelos; 08-18-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    i_heart_yuna

Hey! My name is Nathan, I'm 27 and am from Regina, Sk., Canada. I run a retro collecting blog over at www.VideoGamesAreRad.com. I have been playing video games since my parents got me my first Nintendo in 1988. I collect a little bit of everything, from PC DOS games to Game Gear.

I have been married to my awesome wife, Kira, for 3 years (dated since grade 11) who puts up with my hoarding and doesn't even care that my gaming stuff barely fits in my current game room. We have sweet 22 month old little girl named Veronica, whom I have already taught to play Super Mario Bros. (even though she sucks at it, but I am just laying a foundation, here).

We just bought our first house, and move in next week. I already have a spare bedroom in the basement staked out for my games and have already started building some custom shelving.

I work as a graphic designer and my favorite games are Snatcher (SCD), Mega Man 2 (NES), Final Fantasy 12 (PS2), most MegaTen games, and Strider (GEN).

Insert Coin (Level 0) Doc Recca's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

My name is Simon. I'm 17 years old. I like rocks.

- Where you live

I live in a random, small town in Sweden.

I was... Googling for NES Shoot 'Em Ups.

Ohhh, now that's a hard one, considering the fact that I have most likely played over a thousand games in my life. So much goodness... But I suppose I can make a really small list. Here goes...

Mega Man 2, Ninja Gaiden II: Dark Sword of Chaos, Gradius, Summer Carnival '92 Recca, Ufouria, Metal Storm, Nightshade (NES - not PS2), Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, Starcraft, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Army of TWO, Metroid, Street Fighter II, Killzone, Counter-Strike: Source, Fallout 3, Splinter Cell, Goldeneye 64, Double Dragon II, Lemmings, Final Fantasy IV, Eye of the Beholder, ExciteBike, Gun.Smoke, Monty on the Run, Batman: The Caped Crusader (C64), Batman (NES)... and soooo many more.

Can't say I really collect games right now. But my favorite systems are: NES, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Playstation 2, and most likely Xbox 360.

Practically nothing. Having a break from school right now. All I do: Speculate about my life. And use computers, play games, listen to music. Ohh, lots of music.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

- Who you are
    I'm Zthun. My real name's Anthony. My friends call me Trench.

- Where you live
    I live in California in 'da hood.' San Leandro is lame. Nothing but fat chicks, old married women, and lame parks are found here. If I had the money, I'd choose to live in the city.

I found this thing online about collecting classic games and wanted to try it. The author recommended these forums.

That's impossible to answer. I've been playing games since the 80's. I could fill a book with my favorites. But I'll say Conker's BDF is my favorite multiplayer game I've ever played.

PS1, PS2, SNES, Dreamcast. Planning on starting Genesis, N64, and NES once I get the systems. For modern systems, I have the Wii, Xbox 360, and the DS.

I'm a Software Engineer (code monkey). I make stuff on the computer look pretty. I also play LOTS of games (my gf complains that I ignore her too much. I always smile and respond 'I have a hobby.').

I somehow always manage to collect a large amount of absolutely useless crap that winds up getting stored in the closet for years. I have this decently sized pogs collection. Why those things ever got popular is beyond me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Anthony, I'm 27.

- Where you live
    Brooklyn, NY

Just searching around the net.

I really don't know too many types to name.

I collect for Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Sega 32X, Sega CD.

I am a refrigeration engineer, I operate generators, gas engines, chillers, and boilers.

I just randomly started collecting one day when I found some Master System games in a thift shop. I'm a big fan of house and electro music and I like going to clubs in NYC.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    StetsonGraves

Default Intro

My name is Stephen, I'm 21, and this is the first forum I've ever joined (hopefully I'm doing this right). I'm a full time student but I also write.

I've been a hardcore gamer since 1998 and started collecting recently. My top 5 favorite games (as of right now) are Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 4, Ocarina of Time, Shadow of the C and Bioshock.

I'm collecting every game for 19 consoles (and all of those console variations and accessories).

I look forward to meeting all of you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    My name is Noah.

- Where you live
    I come from a small town in Massachusetts, USA.

Looking desperately for an English SNES repro cart of Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2). I am still looking for said cart (please PM me if you can help me find this holy grail.)

The original Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Devil May Cry, all sorts of great stuff.

Super Nintendo currently. I am looking far and wide for an English SNES repro cart of Seiken Densetsu 3. Please PM me if you have seen such a work of art.

I am currently a student studying history. But man truly never knows where he is going.

Cherry (Level 1) HurricaneAndrew's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

My name is Andrew, if you couldn't tell.

I am from Mexico, Missouri USA

I have been using the rarity guides as a referance for years and just now decided to join the forums.

My favorite games of all-time would have to be NES games, mostly. When I was younger I had no Idea there were even any other systems, because the NES was all I had.

I have many systems, but I really only "collect" for the older systems. I only buy newer games if I like them. Anyway I collect for NES, SNES, Atari 2600, Odyssey 2, SMS, and Genesis, which I have at least one of each system. I will also buy games for systems I don't have if the price is right.

I am currently between high school and college, but I plan to be a graphic designer.

I started collecting when I ran across an Odyssey 2 and 12 games in my basement that my father had bought back in 1981. Later on, I found the box to the system, which still has the original receipt in it, and teh boxes to the games, all of which were in good condition. That must have made me hungry for more because before I knew it I had 11 fully functioning systems hooked up to my TV, and a few hundred games.

And To be honest, if I had a choice between the third generation system of my choice or a Magnavox Odyssey... Well, who could resist an Odyssey?
    I collect for: Odyssey2, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, ColecoVision, NES, SNES, N64, SMS, Genesis, Dreamcast, PSX, and TI-99/4A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DarkSlimy

Welcome everyone!

Just added my collection to the Collection Galleries,
    check it out:

http://www.videogamecollectors.com/g..._itemId=309575

What do you think?
    "Come get some!"

Insert Coin (Level 0) betamax001's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SaturnXmkII

Default Hello!

- Who you are
    My name is Mike or Betamax001

- Where you live
    I live in Illinois and not in any intresting part of it : /

I was looking for something....and the archives kept showing up for stuff....to be honest I can't remember exactly.

Tough question. The Mario games are fun. I enjoy the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games. Also Soul Calibur and Tekken are super special awesome too.
    I'm a younger collector, so I'm getting new systems (just bought a Genesis : ) but I tend to aquire a bit of stuff before I get a new system (like ill get some Genesis games because I just got it, but if I see something I want for Saturn ill get that too)

I'm a student right now so...i do student things?

Collecting video games is almost as fun as playing them I think. It seems I spend more time and energy then actually playing them (which irks me honestly) I remember back in the late 90s I heard my school mates talking about Play Station and Nintendo 64 and always wanted one but my parents said "No." I even remember grabbing the boxes in the shopping carts and seeing if my mom would notice (they promptly got put back on the shelf later) I then got a Game Boy Color and some Pokemon games. I eventually got a PS2 and that served my purposes for awhile. But eventually I wanted to play the games I missed out on and bought an N64 from a friend (for a fantastic price too BTW) and then it snowballed from there.
    NES, Atari 7800, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Atari Flashback 2, Limited Edition Red Wii, PS3 Slim, GBC, GBA, GBASP, DS Lite, and PSP 3000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    My name is zenethia.

- Where you live
    I live in place called Shropshire in England.

I've been a lurker for a good couple of years now. I normally don't have much time for forums, but I got laid off a few months ago and have found more and more free time to post on sites and spend time gaming. Hopefully it won't be for too much longer (heh) but I would love to keep posting, even when I am back working.

It's a really tough question. In terms of sentimental value: Mega Man 2, Decapattack, Sonic The Hedgehog, Last Ninja 2, F-Zero. I can't list too many or I could be here all night, heh.

Japanese Mega Drive, Japanese Mega CD, US Super Nintendo, PC Engine.

I'm currently unemployed

I begged my parents for NES for two years (1989-1990) and got bought a Mega Drive instead. I think they made the right decision It's probably the sole main reason I am collecting all these years later. Mega Drive, never forget.
    Last edited by zenethia; 09-20-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Wes

- Where you live
    Winston-Salem, NC

I stumbled across the forums a while ago, probably a year or two, and have been lurking around ever since. I don't know why I waited so long to register.

Where do I start?

I collect for pretty much everything, though I'm more into consoles than handhelds.

Biotech - R&D/Product Applications Laboratory Manager

I've been collecting for as long as I can remember, though I don't have as much time to put into it now that I am married with a daughter. Fortunately my wife is pretty supportive and let me take over the den in the basement for my man cave!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are
    sara

- Where you live
    London

from the search engine andwith refferance from friend.

The mario
    NFS most wanted
    Half Life 2
    Delta force
    Batman
    strip poker

just finished B.S in computer science

- Any other interesting facts,
    so many that I cant write all but few like
    music,movies ,travelling

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm new here so I just thought I would stop and say hi. My favorite games are Animal Crossing, Halo, Harvest Moon, Pokemon, EarthBound etc.

Insert Coin (Level 0) iiimegamaniii's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are...
    + Matt Alderman (http://mattalderman.com)

- Where you live...
    + Sammamish, WA (U.S.A.)

- How you found the forums...
    + Via a friend / co-worker

- What your favorite games are...
    + Aerobiz
    + Crystalis
    + Mega-Man
    + Blaster Master
    + Phantsy Star II
    + Super Mario World
    + Legacy of the Wizard
    + Nobunaga's Ambition II
    + Advance Wars: Dual-Strike
    + Mother / Earthbound (NES)
    + Dragon Warrior Series (NES)
    + Final Fantasy Series (NES through SNES)

- What you do in "real life"...
    + Sr. Program Manager @Expedia

- Any other interesting facts...
    + Cigars
    + 80's Music
    + Classic Gaming
    + Classical Music
    + Drawing / Graphical Design
    + My family (wife & two kids)
    + Sports (Baseball & Tennis in particular)

- Mega
    Last edited by iiimegamaniii; 09-07-2009 at 03:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! I'm Jason; I'm a teacher from New Jersey and today I bought a Super NES. After three months of searching for one, I found one at a flea market in Pennsylvania.

Unfortunately, because of my position as a teacher and due to not yet receiving my first paycheck for the school year (and thus being extremely strapped for cash), I've only got 2 games for it (Super Mario World and Link to the Past), but I hope to build my collection over the coming months!

Oh yes...my favorite games are Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, and, more recently, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (I have a thing for platformers).

Insert Coin (Level 0) TwinThumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello.

Hello, I'm Scott from Arizona (aka, TwinThumbs). I don't like to admit that I'm gettin' a bit long in the tooth, but I have to admit that I remember playing the likes of Battlezone, Spyhunter, Pac-Man, and others in various pizza joints, arcades, and the like when they were new! I also have fond memories of playing Atari 2600 at my buddy's house (circa 1980 or so). I never really became a "serious" gamer until the N64 era, strangely enough, but then I went nuts. Since then, I own or have owned one or more of the following: Genesis, NES, SNES, N64, DC, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSX, PS2, Saturn, Nomad, Game Cube, GBA, and PSP. I find I have a special fondness for the SNES/Genesis and the PSX/N64/DC eras in particular. Looks like I may fit in here pretty well.
    -Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Reintroducing myself

Hello all,

I have been a member of this forum for a number of years now, although I have been very inactive for quite some time, so I thought I'd take a minute to reintroduce myself if that's alright!

My name is Kevin and I currently reside in Souderton, PA. I am currently covering Penn State football for Examiner.com (see the link in my signature) and hopefully it is a stepping stone for my future. As far as gaming goes I am, if you couldn't tell by my name, a fan of the Nintendo systems. I may not be on top of the latest releases or anything but I enjoy playing games that can be fun for all kinds of people.

I'll keep this brief and wrap this up right now, but I do plan on checking in here more often and chiming in when I feel I have something to add.

Have a good day!
    Kevin
    Blog | Twitter | Twitch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

welcome back!
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to merge this into the "introduce yourself" thread in the main forum.