Page 20 of 164 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Strawberry (Level 2) mizarkgram's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Names Mike, from Mississauga Ontario. I have been collecting video games since I was a youngster (Around 8 years old). Back then, I did not have the cash flowing in, and didnt REALLY start my collection until I was 16 (3 years ago). I have amassed the following systems using cash from working at a grocery store:

NES, SNES, Vitrual Boy, Game Boy, Game Boy Pockey, Game Boy Colour, N64, Gamecube, Playstation, Atari 2600, Jaguar, Sega Master, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, 3DO, Turbo Grafx16, and (If you count it) a Tiger game.com.

In total, I have about 290 games for these systems, and am nowhere near giving up on my little adventure to collect mroe and mroe games.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is John and I've been enjoying this site for some time now, just never posted .

I am a 25 year old law student and gamer/collector. I specialize in SNK Neogeo games, but collect for basically all systems. You can see my "master list" of Neogeo games at www.neo-geo.com.
    Glad to be here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

Hello everyone, I'm Jackie. I'm 24 years old and I've been gaming since I got an Atari 2600 for Christmas back around 1984. I then got an NES in 1988, and it still is my favorite console system. I remember playing so much Super Mario Bros. in the basement that my mom actually brought food down to me so I would eat.

And the rest is history....

Today I work as a computer/network technician, and I enjoy my job. I like playing first person shooters on PC, every other type of game I like to play on consoles.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vulcanjedi

Default Was I here before?

Signed up for this over a year ago and finally getting around to posting something. I think
    Anyway, I was 18 when the VCS came out so you can do the math. vulcanjedi.com is my home page about games for the last 30 years. I list 44 different systems and 800+ games I have in my collection. Mostly consoles. Mostly Sega. I consider my sega demo system 6 cart switcher my best $2 yard sale find. My vectrex and Sean Kelly multi cart would be my next prozed possessions followed by my Digital Press volume 5 book and anniversary T-Shirt

I'm a QA Engineer IT kinda guy. Available for contract Quality Assurance work

Game On
    Mark

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone, my name is Gary I am 28 from Connecticut. I am a network admin, and an avid gamer. I have been gaming since I was 7 or 8, when my family purchased the oddessy 2 system, from there, I went on to the mastersystem, and I have had every system since, Videogames are the best.... and this site is very nice, kudos to those who set this up. :P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Kevin, and I'm 23. I live in Portage, Indiana, which is near Chicago. I found the forums through buttasuperb, who I have met twice and built a CPS-II system for.

My favorite games are Valkyrie Profile, Vampire Savior, Mega Man 2 (NES), and just about any KOF. I was heavily addicted to DOOM and DOOM 2 (mainly on the PC, but started with 32X) for 3 or 4 years starting in early 1995. Oh yeah, Quake 1 and Hexen II are also way up there. But I'm generally more into consoles than PC.

I collect for: CPS-II, Neo-Geo (both MVS and home cart), NES, Game Boy, SNES, Saturn (imports), PS1, and Dreamcast. I also have games for Neo Geo Pocket Color, Genesis, PC, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, and Naomi.

My job is electronic repairman for ISG Burns Harbor Plate (steel mill). This eventually led to me becoming interested and involved with arcade hardware. I've designed and built two CPS-II systems for home use and I have Naomi hardware that is yet to be used.

I was at CGE last year. I decided to visit my relatives who were living in that area and CGE happened to be on the same week. I wish I could have stayed at the show longer than I was able to, though.

My little site, with pictures of my collection, and a procedure I wrote to change CPS-II batteries: http://home1.gte.net/res0k0yu/collection.htm

CPS-II systems I have built (the silver one is mine, the blue one is buttasuperb's): http://www.sgrepository.com/modules....view_album.php

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Brent and currently situated in northern NJ. I run http://www.emdkay.net where I sell mame marquees for new or rebuilt arcade machines. I'm obviously mostly into the old school and current arcade scene, but I've had a plethora of console systems including an Atari 2600, 7200 pro, NES, Sega Master/Genesis/CD/32x, Atari Lynx, Gameboy, Turbo Grafix, SNES, and right now own a PS2, Xbox, GC, Dreamcast, and a couple mame arcade machines.

I heard about this board from http://www.arcadecontrols.com in their message board. The two sites are great compliments to eachother. I look forward to killing quite some time on here

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-Hey all, I'm Tj
    -I'm from chicago but finishing school in Milwaukee
    -dont know how I got here but its like AA (you just dont put someone with an addiction in a room with a dozen other addicts, thats not progress!!)
    -My Fav's are Xevious (atari), Marble Madness & Pipe Dream & Maniac Mansion (NES), and Super Puzzle Fighter 2 turbo & Tail of the Sun (PS1)
    -I collect (In order of my addiction) NES, SNES, Jaguar, 7800, VB, TG16, 3DO, GB
    -College (best 6 years of my life) and in a few months I'll be done and have my computer engineering degree
    -I'm finally getting to play all those NES games I drooled over as a kid but my parents would give me (to give you an idea of how sheltered I was, I played metroid for the first time this week, same with zelda).
    but apart from games, I am an excentric person and build some off the wall stuff. I've built battlebots, a SOLAR POWERED HYDROFOIL, converted my vaccum cleaner so its remote controlled (next is the mini-fridge). I am also big into aquariums (specifically coral reef tanks and salt water fish).

~Tj

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I am the Atari Troll From Atari Age (for those who know me)
    Don't have much to say other than I love Atari 2600 collecting. I have a few odds and ends on my web page. Check em out if you like. Cheers all!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name's Joel. I'm a first time poster. I'm 25 and I live in the Dayton area in Ohio. I'm a 2nd year High School Digital Media teacher (juniors and seniors). So I cover things like graphic design, web design, 3d graphics, animation, digital video production, and digital audio production.
    I have to say that my interest in video games growing up led me to getting into digital media and, in turn, teaching. I occasionally have to make sure I don't get too off topic in class about games with the students Although teaching many of the tools that are used in game creation makes for some fun classroom decorations. (game posters, ect.)
    I've been into gaming since the Atari 2600 when I was about 3 or 4. After that, I moved on to the NES, SNES, PSX, and PS2. In the last year I changed from being a 'one console man' when I bought the GC and Xbox to go along with my PS2. Now, I own the following consoles:
    Magnavox Odyssey 400, Atari 2600, NES, Turbografx 16, SNES, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Playstation, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance SP, and Neo Geo Pocket. I do a little PC gaming too, but not much.
    My favorite games are fighters and RPGs. I also get into action/adventure games and music based games like DDR and Frequency/Amplitude. My favorite games are Ms. Pacman, Street FIghter II series, FF7, FF8 (yes, I actually really liked that one), Lunar, Tekken 3, Street Fighter III, and... well- there's a ton I just can't think of right now. BTW, my Xbox live name is Phat 32 (bad computer techie pun) and I typically only play Capcom vs. SNK 2 on Live.
    My other hobbies include anime, movies, learning new software (working on Maya, Avid, and Acid Pro now), starting projects that i never finish with newly learned software, and writing.
    Well, I found out about the forums through my friend Kid Fenris, who I used to work with.
    btw, my avatar is from a horrible Zelda commercial from the 80's. Maybe I'll put it on the web sometime and post a link.

ServBot (Level 11) SpasticFuctard's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default How do

I'm Adam, I collect console games like I collect comic books. I consume them at an absurd rate and discard them into vast and deep piles of obscurity. I have been an avid games since before I could read, my TI-99/4a and my Atari 2600 being my earliest friends. Though I'm more of a PC guy then anything else. *gasp* I know Joe IRL, so I thought I'd come and be flamebait for a bit.

SF - Where delicate electronics go to die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Feel like i'm at AA

"Who you are"

Ryan Nice to meet you

"Where you live"

Crofton, Maryland. About 20 minutes from Annapolis

"How you found the forums"

Was looking at the rarity lists, thought i'd find some nice people here

"What your favorite games are"

Lunar, Vay (Alot of Working Designs Games) Puzzle Fighter, Guilty Gear, Willy Beamish, Leisure Suit Larry, Bushido Blade...yada yada yada

"What systems you collect for"

My 2 favorites would be Sega CD and Playstation

"What you do in "real life""

School, Work... nothing too great.

"Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc."

I started collecting because I wanted to get back all the games I foolishly sold when I was younger...

Well, nice to meet everyone, I hope to become a regular on these boards

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Eddie Morin. I live in Omaha, NE. I found this site by trying to find a complete list of NES games. Boy, did I find it. Favorite game has to be Windjammers for Neo Geo. a close second: Bump n' Jump for Intellivision. I am a student. Kind of. I fail a lot. An interesting fact? My mom had a massive (120+) Intellivision collection before I was even born. As soon as I could, I played it. I couldn't help but be into video games for the rest of my life!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bensenvill
    -dont know how I got here but its like AA (you just dont put someone with an addiction in a room with a dozen other addicts, thats not progress!!)
    lol! True. I'm 18 and a slight addict. I started collecting for similar reasons as VACRMH--to get back all the games I sold for an N64 as an 11-year-old.

I program in my spare time, as a Comp Science freshman of Western Michigan University.

<-- Guess where my current avatar comes from!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. My name is Matthew, Im 17 and live in California. I write video game reviews for my schools newspaper, which are vastly underappreciated by the editor in chief, yet loved by most others. I hope to write for a professional video game magazine one day, but until then, I shall slave over my own low budget magazine (and I do mean low budget).

I love all genres of video games. My favorite is probably platformers. If I had to choose a least favorite, It would be RPG''s, more specifically MMORPG's.
    My top five favorite games are as follows.
    1. Castlevania 3 2. Link's Awakening 3.Jet Grind Radio 4. Nights 5. Mario 64

My collection consists of 17 systems and about 250 games. The walls of my room are virtually nonexistant because they are completely covered by posters and whatnot relating to video games. I also have a pretty decent collection of video game collectibles. I have a lot of action figures, and recently I found and bought a Donkey Kong sleeping bag from the early eighties.

Anyway, bye
    I like monkeys...and poop...and monkeys that poop...and play video games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Marco. I'm 28 years old and the first game I ever played was on an Odyssey. Not sure which Odyssey it was or even which game it was. It was a space-invaders type of game. You controlled a man, though, instead of some sort of gun and you walked back and forth firing upwards at... hmm I dont remember what the enemies looked like. I do seem to remember there being barriers that protected you from fire (a la space invaders). I remember playing it and I remember when I died my character turned different colors and this frightened me (hey I was probably about 4 at the time). It was fascinating to play the game, but also very disturbing for some reason. My Dad spent some time checking out the various game systems and what games were available, we didnt quite get the concept that certain games would play on certain systems but I think a Sears store clerk explained it pretty well. Somehow my Dad got it into his head that Atari was the way to go... Thank God because if we would have gotten an Odyssey I would have been stuck with it for the next 10 years or so!!!
    This would have been in 1979 or 80? I'm thinking 79. Christmas of 79 I opened up all of my presents and no Atari or anything. I was pretty disappointed but then... what's that poking out from under the couch?? Shades of A Christmas Story.. it was an Atari 2600 (Sears Telegames version). It came with Space Invaders and Target Fun. Much two player fun was had with those games. I was hooked. Hooked. Completely hooked. I remember falling asleep while watching the color cycling that displayed while you werent playing the games. Around this time I started playing arcade games too. Thankfully the arcade in my town had stools so I could reach the controls.

The Telegames unit also came with paddles but no game to play them. I remember getting Street Racer for my birthday the next year so we could have something to play with paddles. A pretty so-so game but I played it anyway because my options were limited, I dont remember having many games at this point. No one else had an Atari in my neighborhood (this was around Wheeling WV), but my cousins who lived in Toledo had one and they brought some games when they would visit. I remember playing Cannon Man/Human Cannonball and Circus Atari. I think it was the next Christmas that I got a pair of keyboard controllers and Concentration. Funny, I hadnt even played Combat yet! One of my friends had a Bally Astrocade. I thought that was pretty advanced at the time, Wizzard of Wor for it was very cool.

It may have been that Christmas when a couple of my neighbors got (real) Atari's. I remember being at a friend's house and playing Football, Baseball, Basketball... Indy 500 (I thought the driving controllers were KICK ASS for some reason), Missile Commmand. I remember getting Basic Programming (hey I already had the keyboard controllers) around that time. I remember when Pac Man was released, got that one for my birthday. I remember when Pitfall was released, got that one for getting a good report card. The Atari was really taking off... one Christmas I got about 10 games, all good ones like Megamania, Star Wars ESB, etc. My friends at that time or in the next year got Q-Bert, E.T., Ms. Pac Man, GI Joe, every Activision game you can imagine, yadda yadda yadda... see our parents had a deal worked out where everybody bought their kids different games so we could all trade. Except for Star Wars ESB, we all had a copy of that.

Then something changed. Colecovision? I was astounded by the graphics. Parents wouldnt get me one. Atari 5200? WOW, you can PAUSE the GAME!! I couldnt believe it. Parents wouldnt get me one of those either.
    (As for the Intellivision, I never knew anyone who had one until well after the crash) My friends and I were becoming acutely aware that the Atari 2600 was a sinking ship. Some sold their Atari, got a Coleco and an Atari adapter. One of my friends actually got an ADAM.
    I started playing Atari a little less. I got some new games here and there (really cheap) but not as many as I should have. I felt "weird" about playing the Atari at this time, it just seemed so out-dated. Dont get me wrong though, I had some good times with Star Raiders and Tapper around this time (also Reactor and I even played and liked Fireworld!). I was impressed by the later-generation Atari games like those and Crystal Castles, I could tell that they were good games. Some of my friends got into the C-64. I started doing bad in school, couldnt pay attention, etc. so my parents took my Atari away (I hadnt been playing it that much, I guess they were just desperate). I was gameless for a few years and then I got a C-64, this was either 87 or 88. I started trading games with kids at school and something odd happened - -

Someone for some reason game me an Atari 2600 game. Now I had been around the block with the Atari and I figured I had seen every game ever made but this was, uh, cant remember the name but that Farmer game from US Games.. oh yeah GOPHER. Not only had I never heard of Gopher but I'd never seen a "US Games" game before. Something clicked in my brain "Hey, there's Atari games out there I've never seen before? Cant be". Of course I drug the Atari out of the basement to play it. It sucked, but still I was bitten by the bug, I wanted to see what other Atari tapes (I still call them tapes for some reason) were out there. I remember getting Earthword.. "Ooh now I have Earthworld and Fireworld!! I wonder if anybody has Waterworld?" No one did, dammit. I managed to scrounge up a BUNCH of games from kids at school and people my parents knew (I didnt know this at the time but they were all common/uncommon with the exception of Tapper, Gremlins, Rubik's Cube and Pengo which I didnt know were rare, lots of people had them where I lived). A lot of kids started getting NES systems (except me) and this further enouraged them to give up their Atari tapes. I had quite a collection going although I didnt realize I was a "collector" of "classic games".

Then one day I found something.. a list of all known Atari games, even unreleased ones... it was VGR's rarity list. I think I got it off of some BBS with my Amiga. Immediately my Atari collection looked very small and my collection of R's, ER's and UR's was even smaller! Maybe this was 1990-1992? Until then I didnt know about games like "Chase the Chuckwagon", which back then was the big holy grail (I thought). Hell I thought I was the ONLY one looking out for Atari games until I saw this list. The rest of the story I'm sure you know - I started actively SEARCHING for games. I'd go to flea markets, thrift stores, etc. for the sole puprose of finding games. I didnt have too much luck finding rare ones though although I did find a few. I was on the internet in 93 or 94 and got a lot of classic game info. I remember reading and posting to RGVC. Eventually I got a Super Nintendo, first game system I actually owned since the Atari 2600 (my parents were so evil!!). This broadened my horizons quite a bit. Soon I was collecting SYSTEMS as well as games.

Atari will always be my first love though. Every other system I only want certain games. For the Atari 2600 I'd take any game I didnt already have. Childhood wish fulfillment perhaps? My last collecting goal was to get all of the Atari picture label games but I could never find a picture label Flag Capture.
    Cinnamon!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:52 am Post subject: Hi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. My name is Alex. I'm only 15, but I love classic games and systems. My friends make fun of me for this, but I don't care. I love games. Everyone said I was crazy to like content better than grafics, but they are the crazy ones. I started off with 1 system when i was 4. I never collected till 2 years ago. Since I am younger and usually broke, I don't have as vast a collection as some of you other members, but I still pride myself on mine. I have only 250 games for my systems, and they still increase weakly. I hope some day to live up to you other members, but here's what I have for now:

Atari 2600
    Coleco Telstar Alpha
    Colecovision
    Commodore VIC-20, with the cassette game port
    Intellivision (freezes when I start it up, can anyone help?)
    NES
    SNES
    N64
    Gameboy (One original gray, one yellow)
    Gameboy Colour
    Master System
    GameGear
    Genesis, with plug in side Sega CD
    Dreamcast
    Turbo Grafx 16 (Busted)
    PSONE
    Xbox
    Neo Geo Pocket Colour
    And I also own a 1982 Donkey Kong Jr. and Donkey Kong Tabletop arcade game, as well as one full sized arcade: Shadow Warriors.
    List of my games here: www.angelfire.com/crazy2/mygames
    ~Lifes a garden, Dig it~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

I'm Tony Holly. I'm from Drums (my friends like to call it the Boondocks), Pennsylvania.

I don't remember how I found the forums. I was probably just searching for random shit someday and came accross it and have been reading the boards ever since.

I have played video games for as long as I can remember, but I have only started collecting last year, so my collection isn't too big, I'm still working on it, but I'm proud of what I have so far.

I buy games for any of my 23 systems. I don't buy a lot for any one system specifically, but when I see something I want I pick it up. I guess my big goal (like most people here) is to get all the US NES games. I would also love to complete my MVS collection (I only have 5 so far) and would love to start an AES collection, but with college that isn't gonna happen right now.

I guess my favorite system is NES, but I do love Nintendo stuff in general.

In real life I go to college. I'm sure you can figure out which one if you check the internet site listed below. I am studying Psychology and plan to become either an Industrial Psychologist or a Child Pscyhologist.

I guess I started collecting when I bought my PS2. I realized that I couldn't not get a Nintendo system, so I had to pick up the GC too. Then, since I had those, I couldn't forget the XBox. Once I had these, I wanted to get all the US Nintendo Systems (I still need the toploader and would like a gold N64 instead of my plain black one and would like a Pokemon N64 just for shits and giggles). After all that, I realized that I didn't have enough NES games and started getting those and have been buying stuff ever since.

I guess another big thing for me was last month (Oct. '03) I picked up a 4-Slot MVS. I had been reading and reading about SNK for awhile and bought a NGPC to give SNK a try and knew I needed one. When I found one for $350 w/ 4 games and memory card reader I couldn't pass it up.

I guess I talked about everything I wanted.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone! My name is Jim Johnson and I'm from a small town called Wonder Lake in the state of Illinois. I recently graduated college, just two days after my 21st birthday in fact, in June. I would be an entry-level computer programmer, but those jobs are really hard to find right now - so I've been working for my friend's small business in computer consulting. This gives me time to play my classic game systems, and to hunt for more!

I first started collecting as a kid when I got my NES back in 1986. Many games that I got I still have complete in boxes.. I guess I planned well for the future . After the NES, I got the SNES and Atari 2600. I got the Atari from my next-door neighbor whose son had passed away, so playing it felt special, because it was like I inherited it. After that I got the Genesis, Game Boy, Playstation, PS2, GameCube, and recently the GBA.

I've gotten into the groove of seriously collecting for the Atari 2600, NES, and SNES about a year ago. I found this place a few days ago by searching for collecting classic games, and I think I will be happy here!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Frank. I'm 17 years of age, living in the small town of Stittsville, outside of Ottawa, Ontario. Stittsville is famous for its year-round Flea Market, which has the honor of being the largest indoor/outdoor flea market in Canada. It is there where I found a job help out at one the (permanent) indoor shops, a place which sells mostly vinyls (records) and books, but also contains a good selection of CDs, video games, consoles and old Star Wars toys. I've mostly been a PC gamer for the last few years, never owning a console until I bought a PS2. My brother (also a member of this forum), bought a SNES, a Genesis and a Sega CD off of of friends (he got the Genesis from the place I work at). I'm also after a Dreamcast, and I'm going to pick one up the first chance I get. However, most of my moolah has been put towards my record collection. In the last two and a half months, I've purchased nearly 80 classic records. Being a big music fan, the rest of my money is going towards getting a guitar/amp/etc.

I have been a member of various forums before (Forumplanet, Deadites.net, Encyclopedia Metallum, Iron Maiden official, Blind Guardian BB, Warmachine BB, etc.), and I hope to stay with this one for a while.

My favorite game is Metal Gear Solid (hence my screen name).
    Whoever wins, the battle doesn't end. The loser is freed from the battlefield, but the winner must remain there, and the survivor must live his life as the warrior until he dies.