Page 31 of 164 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Andrew, I'm 21 and from Norwich, Connecticut. I started out on the Commodore 64 and NES, later moved onto Genesis, PS1, Dreamcast, and now PS2. I still kick myself for selling most of my old games but I'm starting to play and collect the old NES classics again. You can check out my IGN collector's list: http://users.ign.com/collection/Lord007

Rare stuff I have are a couple Sega T-Shirts and a SegaNet Scooter that I won after almost winning Sega's nationwide Quake III Arena tournament on Dreamcast. I also have R.O.B. for NES and Bible Adventures, but that stuff isn't that rare I guess.

I mainly use the name Lord007 for all online games, if you have played Q3A on DC you most likely saw me there. Now I play PS2 online, but not nearly as much as I used to on Dreamcast.

I'm also a Playstation Gamer Advisory Panel member, but so aren't a lot of people so it's not that special.

You can check out my old Quake 3 clan site: http://www.angelfire.com/games3/ros

My other hobby is my 80's RWD Celica: http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/amor/84gts.html

Now that I'm back into NES again, I play that more then PS2 now. All those old memories growing up I can relive again thanks to eBay and a few lucky yard sale finds. I plan on getting all the great NES games, while collecting a few rare finds here and there. I will hopefully get an SNES too, I'm a gamer at heart and there were so many great games I'd rather be playing right now compared to new PS2 releases.

I found this site after searching for an NES rarity/games list. Wow what a great find. There are some really crazy NES enthusiasts on here!

My plans for the future are to move to Phoenix Arizona where the rest of my family lives and buy a house where I can get a great job, and have a room just for games. Right now I work at http://www.daticon.com but I can't say what I do there because it's confidential . I currently live with my girlfriend Amanda who is also a gamer (I lucked out on that one! ) in our first apartment. I'm lacking some serious great NES games like Zelda and River City Ransom that I previously sold to buy a Genesis, now I'm on eBay daily trying to get them all back.

Never again will I sell a videogame unless I have doubles of it. I want to grow old and let my children play the true classics on Atari and NES, by the time they are old enough to realize it, a PS2 and Xbox will be considered rare to them .

Something I just noticed last night while making my IGN collection list, I'm only 3 Dreamcast Magazine Demo's short of having the complete collection. I better start finding those now before they become non-existent!

Feel free to email or IM me about anything you like!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, My name is Timothy and I'm 26 year old. I live in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. I am Canadian and I am proud to be Canadian. I found this website from search internet. I love to play with classic is NES, SNES, Sega Master System and Sega Genesis. I love play Super Mario Bros. 3 on NES when I was kid. My Story is my first time with video games when I was 6 year old in 1984 is Atari but I can't remember which is 2600 or 5200. I have a Atari for less 2 years but Atari system went broken it and my mom did take Atari to trash it because I was soo addicted play with video games make my mom thinking that video games make me turn bad way. In 1987, my best friend got Sega Master System then my best friend and I been play too much together as addicted with video games till 1990, when I was 12 year old and finally I got NES from XMAS. My mom did respect on me because I been begging her to get video games what I really want it so bad and my mom never forgot about Atari make me addicted it. In 1991, I got SNES from XMAS from my mom again, my mom did make me happy and more happy. After 1992, I got Game Boy, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis and Sega CD. In September 1995, when Virtual Boy was released in store and I knew it they will go to out of business because I can feeling it so I did went go to K-Mart Store and I did bought New Virtual Boy with AC Adapter, Mario's Tennis and Wario Land for about $ 325.00 Canadian Dollars. I did paid it when I was only 17 year old. After 1996, I got Game Boy Pocket, N64, PS, Game Boy Color, PSOne, PS2, Game Boy Advance, GameCube and Game Boy Advance SP. Right now I do love with 3-D games is Medal of Honor: Frontline, Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, Freedom Fighters, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Conflict: Desert Storm, Conflict: Desert Storm II Back to Baghdad, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, Need for Speed: Underground, Red Faction II, True Crime: Streets of L.A., Grand Theift Auto: Vice City, Enter The Matrix, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Mario Kart: Double Dash. My Collection is ONLY Nintendo, Sega and Sony because I have a many reason. Nintendo was best seller for long years. Sega was best seller in the past then now Sony was best seller on PS and PS2. Sony has over 1,200 games on PS and 700 games on PS2, thats why I am very Interesting on Only Nintendo, Sega and Sony for my collection.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all, I'm Andrew. I think I've lurked here enough, and I've finally decided to show myself. I'm a sophomore, so that's as far as I'll go for age. I found this site via google. I'm a NES Collector with 300+ games, and two top-loaders. I'm also partial to Sega, and I like to collect for the Genesis, but I'm not even close on that(I think I'm at roughly 100.). I've been collecting for ten years now, and it's been a blast. Well, I hope to see you all soon on the boards.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Introduce Yourself

Hi, my name is James. I'm 47 yrs old and live in Florida. I don't consider myself a "Collector". Someone might mistake me for a "Gamer" because I have many games for many systems and though I have enjoyed them all, I've actually finished very few. Apparently, because I'm either stupid, uncoordinated or dyslectic - possibly all three. My gaming habits involve cursing anyone near me while I play for "jinxing me". Just ask my family. And, uhhh, ohhh yeah, I feel that throwing controllers is a mature response.

I've ended up not owning two games of each title, as might a "Collector", but owning two consoles for each system. That's because I have children and, dammit, they hog it all the time!

A year or so ago I found myself thinking. I've got these consoles (Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, PS2, and Xbox) and each has some titles that were purchased for some reason or another, why don't I do a thorough search, read lots and lots of reviews and find out what people think are the best games ever released for each system. Say a B rating or better. Then I'll try and acquire as many as I possibly can and, hopefully, someday complete each list.

That's how I found this board. About a month ago while trying a get a list for the best games ever on the Sega Genesis, a system I never owned, I came across a thread in which people here were discussing the best Genny games . I liked the list the thread produced and the debate that went on to come up with it and decided to register. One month later I had a very nice Sega Genesis 2 and 63 titles. Only 12 more to go. Whoo Hoo!

So far I haven't completed any of my lists, but I am very close on most. It's resulted in 23 titles for Atari 5200, 130 for NES, 91 for SNES, 52 for N64, 158 for PS1, 107 for PS2, 39 for Xbox and of course, now my new Genny. To anyone who might have participated in that thread, I thank you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi.

I'm StartTheBiddingLow.

I live in the United Kingdom.

I saw the forum mentioned in a magazine.

I don't have any particular favourite games - I collect *all* games!
    Err, except mahjong.

Real life? Come off it, I come here to get away from that...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I’m James. I just turned 23 and live in Texas. I read about Digital Press in an issue of EGM, one day I was bored and starting lurking on the forum. I was hooked, finally a video game board that wasn’t filled with immature kids and assholes.

I like play all types of games but I must say that 2-D fighters and anything SEGA are probably my favorites. I collect for: NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, PS1, PS2, DC, and Xbox. My collection started because I’m a pack rat, I never give anything away. Now I have over 250 games and actively search for missing titles. The hunt is just as fun, sometime more fun than playing the game.

I‘ve been a poor college student for four and a half years now so my collection is small. I’m search for a job now and when I get one I expect my collection to explode.

I don’t expect to be posting much; I’m a lurker at heart. I think it’s only right I introduce myself anyway because I am a part of the community.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Hello!

My name is J. Michael Bottorff, and I live in a town about two hours away from St. Louis, Mo. I found the forums on a link page at NES World. My taste in games is like my taste in music; I'll try anything once. I like RPGs with its grand plots, and its use of skill and strategy; but I've never turned down a good "twitch" game.

I collect games for NES, SNES, Sega Master System, Nintendo 64, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS2, and whatever other systems I can get my grubby little hands on. Right now, I'm a full time student, but come June I'll be working at a summer job at a summer camp. (Makes sense, huh?)
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings All,
    My name is Kenny and I'm a game-aholic. But seriously, I collect NES games, and RPGs for almost any system. I prefer console games to PC games for some reason, though I do play some PC games (mostly Sim, strategy, and RPGs). I work too much, so I have the money to buy games, but not as much time to play them as I would like. I'm actually trying to get into the business of selling games, but it's slow going at the moment.

Oh and I'm 22, Aries, and Pagan.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone,
    I'm John from Edmonton Alberta. I'm 37 and I've been collecting games for about 20 years. My collection has really grown in the last few years.
    I collect games for SMS, NES, SNES, Genesis/CD/32X, TG16/CD, 3DO, Jaguar/CD, Saturn, PS1, PS2, N64, Dreamcast, GC, XBOX, and Cd-i.
    I play a lot of RPGs and sports games but I enjoy other types as well.
    I'm hoping this place will be a good resource to help me find some games to get. I just don't know what to buy anymore.
    See you all on the forums.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who I am - Jenny, 25
    Where I live - Rockford, Illinois
    How I found you - Link posted on the Neo-Geo.com Master List
    Top 5 Games - The King of Fighters 2003 (Neo•Geo), (New) Power Instinct Matrimelee (Neo•Geo), Dragon Quest III (Family Computer), DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou (Arcade / PlayStation 2), Chrono Trigger (Super Nintendo)
    What I collect For - SNK, SEGA Saturn, Taito / Taito F3, Cave, CPS, Godzilla Related
    What I do - Going to School for Sound Design / Engineering worked in Animation / Comic Strip Cartooning (plan on going back in to that)
    First Game / Console - Donkey Kong Jr. on Family Computer

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there..

I've been posting around a bit already, but never introduced myself.I'm Niels, and live in the Netherlands. Since a few years I've been coming back into gaming. I own not a lot yet, but I've been buying ever since, new and old. At this moment I own a PS2, GC, Panasonic Q, DC, Megadrive, GBA and a Neo Geo Pocket. I'm waiting for my salary so I can buy another old game system soon.. I'm thinking about a Saturn or N64... And I also need to buy my long lost SNES back... How I regret it that I lend it to a friend and he broke it... (long time ago) I'm concentrating mostly at updating my Megadrive and Dreamcast collection at the moment. So, see ya around..

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name's Pedro Lambrini and I'm a musician (bassist) by day and a Geek by night - unless I'm gigging of course, in which case I'm really pretty cool!! Like most cool people I'm from sunny Edinbrugh in Scotland (just north of England!)

I'm 31 and have been gaming since I can remember - my first gaming memory is playing Pong on an old Grandstand...Boy am I getting old. My first computer was a shiny Vic-20 and I've loved games ever since.

My worst flaw is that I spend a relative fortune on games and memorabilia but I am actually really crap and always get stuck. I really hate End-Of-Level Baddies!!!

I used to collect Amiga games but recently have went console crazy and now spend megabucks on SNES and Dreamcast stuff - although my favourite would have to be my SNES!! This is probably due to the fact that I couldn't afford the games back then and can now purge all my wants from my teenage years!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I am Matt and I am 18 years old. I mainly collect for snes,playstation 1 and 2, gameboy advance, gamecube. I do have some older systems than I got from family members they are atari 2600 and colecovision. I am looking into getting a 3do. I am new to this board but everyone seems nice and helpful. I hope to be a memeber for a long time here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure who checks this intro stuff out, but here goes.... My name is Adam Hobson and I go by adams_ale on here, at atariage, and ebay. I'm 26 and I'm finally wrapping up college. I'll be looking for a job as a high school history teacher in the coming year. Things I like: reading, collecting/playing atari games, watching/playing sports, Washington Redskins, beer, horror movies, snow skiing, et cetera.

Classic Gaming Raccoon RockyRaccoon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ta-dah.

Hello all. I'am Danny McMann, aka- Rocky Raccoon.

Now..where do I live? I live in New Engliand, Massachusetts. Near the Lowell area. for sake of priivacy matters, I won't go much past that. but meh.

I'm a Realitive Newbie to the collecting aspect of Retrogaming. I've been around the systems all my life, however...when my dad got me on his C-64 at the age of say..6. .. then came along an Atari of some sort..wow. that was so long ago I don't even know entirely what that system was. I defiantly want to say it was an Atari however.... and don't even get me started on the Action Max... -shiver-. (The Atari died and was canabalized over time. the C-64 we still have actually somewhere..and the Action Max got sold at a yard sale... THANK GOD. )

Now..I said I was a newbie to COLLECTING . of course. I only recently got into collecting of systems and by-gone consoles. at the moment I have a Sega Genesis Model 2/Sega CD combo, Dreamcast ... and I have a Sega Saturn in the mail as we speak comin to me. . aswell, I'm supposed to pick up some guys Atari 2500 eventually, with a few games. but most of all...I want a 3DO for some strange un-godly reason... :>

Anyways. thats my story. hope to be able to stick to it here. .

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey my name is Anthony, I'm 17 lives in Washington DC, been here for a while just havent signed up til now.

I love videogames what more can I say. I try to know as much info about them as possible and try to collect for now, all the mainstream systems that has come out..at least in the 90s because thats were I pretty much grew up in. I grew up playin NES, Genesis, and Super Nintendo (The NES and Genesis was my older brothers, and the Super Nintendo was mine)

On any account these are my systems:

Gamegear
    SNES
    N64
    PS1
    Gameboy Color
    Dreamcast
    PS2
    Xbox

YES I KNOW I HAVE ALOT OF COLLECTING TO DO lol at the moment I'm tryin to collect a few more games for PS2 and Xbox while casually searching for a Saturn and/or Genesis. Soon I'll concentrate full throttle on getting those two systems

Glad to finally join you guys

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are ryan loughman
    - Where you live springield mass (right by basketball hall of fame)
    - How you found the forums king for a sns rarity list
    - What systems you collect for anything nintendo
    look forward to being here long time reader first time poster

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*waves*

I just joined today and thought I'd say something about me!

The name is Usagi (it isn't my real name but so many friends that I met online call me Usagi in real life it kinda stuck) and I'm from San Francisco, Ca. I work in retail and a very poor college student. I'm 24 and LOVE VIDEO GAMES!!

Been playing since the days of the NES. I went through 4 of them due to my brothers temper. The boy had wonderful timing though because everytime he broke one, they released the action set or the power pad set.

I currently own a Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64 Pikachu Edition, Hello Kitty Dreamcast, GameCube, PS2, Game Boy Color and a GBA SP. I have a buttload of games. My favorite all time games are of course the Mario series (Yay for Mario Bros 3 and Paper Mario) and Samba de Amigo.

The way I found this group was, I posted in another forum about needing Boxes for my games and I was told about this place and here I am!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all,

I'm Brendon, and I have been lurking around here for awhile. So I figure its bout time I introduce myself. I'm 19, and have been gamin since I was 3 (on by brother's atari 2600 no less). I collect for anything and everything (thats playable). Thats bout it,
    Later

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Everybody Hi Dr. Nick
    Oh sorry always wanted to do that

Hi Guys and Gals, I'm Chris Barnes, 24 years old from Wilson, North Carolina. Married 2 years to my wonderful and loving wife Jennifer(imagine a cross b/t Nicole Kidman and Heather Graham hubba hubba) we have just had our first child
    Nathaniel James on January 30, 2004, (Daddy loves you little guy) hence my username.

I have been playing video games eversince I can remember and at one time or the other I have had all the major game systems
    Starting back with playing Frogger and Pac Man with my older brother and cousins, to owning my very own NES first game was ExciteBike(sadly older brother took the NES in 96 i believe). I've had Genesis, N64, PS1 and PS2, Xbox, even have a vintage Turbo Grafx 16 that I still play today. Currently playing Genesis, Turbo Grafx 16, Playstation 2 and NES.

I love playing all the game systems but I truly believe I'm more of a vintage gamer since my NES gets played the most around the house by both Jennifer and myself. I love the rush of getting good deals on classic games at Flea Markets and yardsales. Well enough about me I'll go and read about everyone else now
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    I'd Rather Be Playing Nintendo