Page 35 of 164 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi , i'm Paulo , i'm 20 years old and i live in Portugal.

Although i've only started collecting very recently i've been playing games since i was 10. My weapons of choice are the Saturn for sheer 2d fighter love and the Ps2....well where else would i play Disgaea, right?

My consoles:snes/gamecube/n64/psone/ps2/sat/dreamcast/megadrive/xbox (no more than 10 games for each one...i know... i suck x_x )

If there are any more portuguese around here be sure to let me know...as for everyone else hope to see you around.
    "I live by the code of the warrior.....honor, blood and lots of booze"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,

My name is Romain, i'm a 18 (well, i will be 19 next wednesday), i live in France and more importantly, i am a gamer. I collect consoles and games. Here is the list of systems that i own:
    Atari 2600, CBS Colecovision, Philips Videopac, Hanimex 7771, Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo Game Boy, Sega Master System, Sega MegaDrive, Sega Mega CD, Sega 32X, Sega MegaDrive 2, Nintendo Super Nintendo, Panasonic 3DO FZ-1, Atari Jaguar, Philips CDI 450, Atari Lynx, Sega Game Gear, Nintendo Game Boy Color, Tiger Game.com, Tiger Game.com Pocket Pro, Sony Playstation, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony Playstation 2, Sony PSOne, Nintendo GameCube, Microsoft X Box, Game Boy Advance, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Wonderswan Color.

Well i don't really know what to say but you'll get to know me better on the forums.

A bientôt.
    My collection (i also have a few games that aren't in their database): http://users.ign.com/collection/LaResistance1

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: I started online as "TheRoyalOne", shortened it to "TRO". Somebody once called me TRA and insisted that meant "TheRoyalApe" so I also go by Ape. You can call me whatever you want, but I also go by Kevin.

- Where you live: Kansas City, KS

- How you found the forums: Started looking for a database program, found this instead. Wish I had discovered it sooner.

- What your favorite games are: Final Fantasy Series, Grand Theft Auto III/VC, Tecmo Super Bowl, Zelda Series, Metroid Series, that's a decent start

- What systems you collect for: I've had about everything and due to lack of funds have sold many things I wish I hadn't. I am slowly building my collection again, I like "timeless classics". Basically I like to collect games like movies, music, books and paintings as Art.

- What you do in "real life": [activating shields] I work in insurance [/shields]

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: I love to travel and love to cook/eat.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey. I'm Andy, or Atlas if you prefer. Anyway, on with the introduction.

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Where you live: I live in Stratford, CT. It's really very nice.
    - How you found the forums: I found the Digital Press when looking at Vidgame.net's system archive-thing. I saw "The Digital Press's Top 20 Games" and clicked the link. Glad I did!
    - What your favorite games are: I would have to say that Sonic 2 (or maybe Sonic 3 And Knuckles), Jet Set Radio, Street Fighter II Turbo, Super Mario 64, and Wave Race 64 top my list.
    - What systems you collect for: Outside of my recent acquistion of a Saturn, my game collection is here.
    - What you do in "real life": I'm a High School student. My sophmore year begins in late August.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: My first real memory of gaming was waking up on a Saturday morning in the winter when I was young, seeing my older sister playing Sonic 2 on Genesis. It's still my favorite system.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi im Smiling Jack AKA Old Roger AKA The Prince of F#@$ing Darkness!!!

Im 18 and I live in oklahoma city, OK (moore to be exact).

My favorite games are: Baloon Fight is awsome, Donkey Kong, SMB 1&3, just to name a few. I love the nintendo. I grew up with my Nintendo, Me and my nintendo are like brothers. We were born the same year coincidence? I think not!!!

I recently rescued my Nintendo & Sega Genesis form a dusty box that was packed away without my permission after my house was hit by the May 3rd tornado. because of this I dont know the whereabouts of must of my games (This means I have a very small amount of games) and so I start a new collection.

So if your in my area and would like to sell,trade, or even talk about and play old Nintendo games email me at Jolly_old_roger@yahoo.com

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Where you live: Marion, Illinois. ( And Carbondale for school )
    - How you found the forums: By chance really, I had been creating a database of console reference sites and sites that sold retro games when I came upon it. The funny is that I had been doing this for over a year now and I just now found this. Seems like the site didn't have justice served to it on the search engines.
    - What your favorite games are: Genesis sonic games, mega man, jackal, bomberman, halo, morrowind.
    - What systems you collect for: Due to my budget, I'm not collecting currently, but when I graduate and get a job, I won't be system discriminatory.
    - What you do in "real life": I'm a college student entering my second year in computer engineering ( closer to third credit wise ).
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: I guess the thing that most spurs me to collect is nostalgia for the 2d genre. I love the realism and intense experience that today's games offer, but there is something intrinsically magical and simple about a good 2d game. Often times, your path is set, all you have to do is blast your way through.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Here we go...

Recently, I came back to the good ol' US of A; Los Angeles, California to be exact. Now, I can finally say that I am in the players' seat! I am in control! I am in charge of doing the Marketing & PR for my brothers company, Messiah Entertainment, Inc.

Messiah is the first peripheral company to manufacture new accessories for classic gaming systems. Our first product line will be released this summer at CGE 2K4. Look for Messiah's 2.4 Ghz RF wireless controllers for your NES and SNES consoles. Come check us out at CGE or our website www.playmessiah.com

I guess I should start at the beginning, Let me explain.

Well, my name is Carrie and you might have heard about me being referred to as baby sister in PlayMessiah's Intro.

I've been surrounded by games as long as I can remember. I'm not sure exactly when or even how it all began but I was definitely cursed being the youngest child. As a kid, I remember sitting around playing games together with my older brother, cousins, neighbors and sometimes my mom. It wasn't just playing; it was an addiction with sleepless nights filled with Jolt cola trying to beat games, whether it was a PC game or for the SMS. (My favorite being Phantasy Star.) The only catch is that I am the youngest so basically that means I was never allowed to play. x_x I was dictated by my elders who consistently hogged the game. My turn to play was when the game was already solved or when they finally got tired of playing (which was almost never). I guess you could say I had a desire and curiosity that wasn't fully explored. It wasn't until I got older when I could play myself. Nowadays RPG games are what get me hooked to gaming. I'll sit down just to check it out and before I know it the day is completely gone and most of the night. You might say I'm a hopeless romantic. I guess all women want to be "saved" in one way or another.

I had the opportunity to live in Japan for the last two years. It was an amazing experience and almost impossible to put into words. Among my favorites were seeing gaming hair on a daily basis and YES on many occasions I saw Tidus and Cloud walking down the street. (And one of them did save me! ) Another favorite was listening to the sound effects used at the train stations and feeling like I was in my own video game. I also went to the Tokyo Game Show 2002 which was pretty wild. If you like booth babes, then you'd be in hog heaven.

Now this brings us up to date. Although I am my brother’s little sister, I am now an equal. I no longer have to beg to get a chance to play a game or whine to get my way. My brother might think otherwise but he doesn’t really know. (Don’t tell him I said that though.)

Please feel free to contact me if you want to chat or if you have any questions. I would love to hear any feedback too but for now, this is good bye.
    Check out <a href="http://www.playmessiah.com">www.playmessiah.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all!

I'm Azathoth, 32 yr old game addict.
    I'm in northern California (Folsom).
    My favorite games are the Legacy of Kain series and the Fallout RPGs (PC).
    I'm currently collecting for most of the major US systems. I just got started collecting Famicom and Super Famicom as well.
    IRL, I'm a systems programmer. I run huge compute farms that run siimulations 24x7x365.
    I found this place from gamefaqs.

I've been playing video games since the days of Pong. My first system was a Coleco Telstar Alpha. Actually, it wasn't mine - it was my Dad's - this was back in 1977 and I was only 5.

I started collecting about 2 years ago.
    Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is not.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introducing myself.

Hello videogame enthusiasts! My name is Matt Floyd. I'm 19 years of age and live in the state of Arkansas.

I am a newcomer to the video game collecting community. Why am I a newbie?

Well, it boils down to this:

For some, when we are young and are unfamilar with things, we don't think about collecting systems, games, collectibles, or anything really. It's more about playing the games. It's also hard to collect anything of value at a young age when our parents have control of mostly what you get. Take for example, my family couldn't afford the video game systems I wanted. I was also sheltered from these things until about 7 and don't think I knew what a video game system was til about 6. So that defintely slowed things down!

I remember staring for hours at the clear glass display in the local Wal-Mart exploring the world of videogames. I started asking for one for birthday or christmas but never got one. One year for Christmas, I got a Super Nintendo from my Grandma Dorothy. This is how it all began. It was my first system and i loved it.

I've got to remember I'm not writing a biography here. To keep things shorter, I bought a PSX with my own money. Got a Sega Dreamcast for 50 bucks, traded my dreamcast for a PS2 one year. Had to sell the PS2 because I needed money, got a Nintendo GC and also sold it for some moeny. Bought a gameboy advance sp brand new. got a Sega Genesis *MegaDrive II* for free. and just today bought a supernintendo and a whole lot of stuff at an auction for 15 dollars.

My favorite games? This one is tough. I like so many. I don't have a favorite anything actually. I play these alot. Kirby Series, Zelda Series, mario series, sonic series, donkey kong series, I usually have to try out all First Person Shooters, I've recently got into puzzle games, I love RPGs but was never good at strategy games or couldn't keep interested in them. All Platform 2D Side Scrollers are fun. I like Crash Bandicoot series. That's enough.

I have big plans for my future collection I plan to have. I know it's a lifetime process. I will be collecting for the rest of my life. I plan to collect all classic systems as well as modern systems and new systems that come out. I want to collect a variety of games, hopefully warehouse size, and who knows. I don't want to give out all my ideas.

I could say more about me but this is a Video Game forum. I have a website. it is trmf.com. I plan to make this a video game website with lots of information, lots of great stuff, everything hopefully. If anybody has any video game systems, games, collectibles, magazines, posters, toys, that have to do with games and you want to get rid of please contact me at mfloyd1@mtnhome.com or by cell 870-405-9090. Keep in mind, I don't have alot of money. I am diabetic and go to college.

-mfrox

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Jon Owen and i hail from that cold, dark, miserable place people call south wales here in the UK. I'm 21 and having been playing and collecting games on and off for around a decade. Having finished Uni this year i've decided to start collecting anew and am slowing amassing a small but selective collection.

I currently own and collect for

Megadrive (Genesis), 32X, Mega Cd
    Snes
    Neo Geo Pocket Colour
    Game Gear
    Virtual Boy
    XBOX
    NES

To Buy

Dreamcast
    NEO GEO AES
    Saturn
    STOP! Its HammerTime!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yo! I'm R4n. 25, soon to be 26 and coming out of the west coast.

I've been playing video games since the original Galaga. Grampa would hold me up to the cab, and I'd tap on the fire button and slide left and right. First system was the Atari 2600, first game was combat! First computer was a Apple IIc, fave game was falcon's crest and space quarks.
    And yes, I love shooters!

I've been playing most all my life, and been collecting more seriously in the last 6 years.

I once was a big fan and collector of the Sega Genesis and Megadrive and had a good collection of about 200 or so games. For that system. Then I got a car and insurance... I no longer have that collection.

Not long ago I had a great collection of rarer Saturn RPGs and fighters. That had to be sold too.

You can kind of see a pattern here. I get some great stuff, then something happens and I have to get rid of'em. Oh well... at least I had my experience with them, and that's all that really matters in the end, right?

Fave games of all time would probably be in no particular order:

*River City Ransom, and most all Nekketsu Kunio Kun games
    *King of Fighters... well I love Neo Geo fighters in general!
    Currently I've been playing a lot of KOF2003 in the arcades.
    I don't have a jamma or mvs cab, but I hang out at the local golfland at times and get my play there. One day I can afford to and have room enough for a mvs. Hopefully soon.
    Current fave shooter is R-type Delta.

My involvement in the industry is that I run the video games division at the music store I work for. Since I started the game section has more than doubled in sales and is now taking on a good percentage of overall income.

Aside from music store clerk/buyer I'm a college student involved in music courses. I one day aspire to be the next Nebuo Umatsu in the gaming industry or Bill Conti etc in the film world.

Stuff or games I'm looking for in the near future:
    *ANOTHER Dreamcast, with all the import/domestic SNK Fighters available.
    *Always looking for a local place that is selling a working Karate Champ cab.
    *An Xbox to grow my complement of console Neo Geo ports.

As you can see, I really admire the Neo Geo systems, and try to get the games that are available on the dominant home consoles. So I'm a pseudo neo geo collector at best :P oh well.

That's it. For now....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

Hi! My name is Nathan, I'm 29 years old, and I hail from the backward, redneck state of Arkansas in the ol' US of A. I found the forums whilst digging around for classic gaming sites.

My favorite games are most any rpg on most any system. My mission in life is to collect all rpg's, be they terrible or awesome. I'm not limited to them, though, for I do love most all other game genres.

In "real life" I'm a Database Administrator/Developer, a slave to the cubical if you will.

Interesting facts... hmm, well I began collecting back when the Atari 2600 was released. Granted, I wasn't too old, but that didn't stop me. I love all things gaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are My name is Hakan age: 26
    - Where you live Live in Holland/Europe
    - How you found the forums I was searching for an Aladdin Deck Enhancer and stumbled on the site, looked into it and liked it!
    - What your favorite games are Ii like adventures/rpg/shmup most.
    - What systems you collect for Only that grey little box...the Nes.
    - What you do in "real life" Work for a telecom provider, bussiness sales.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. A collegue of mine introduced me to ebay and i was hooked from then, checked my old stuff and found my first nes with 20 games.One year ago i started buying and the collecting is growing and growing, awesome!

Well i guess you know some stuff about me.Have some doubles and i will list 'em pretty soon, maybe trade or sell....

Thanx 4 reading!

Nes-a-holic

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone! My name is Dustin. I'm 21 years old. I'm from Southern California, Nuevo to be more precise! lol. I currently work for one of the largest, if not the largest Shipping companies in the world as a Shipping and logistics package crew member (glorified title for an Unloader) lol.

Let's see here... been a gamer since I was a wee young lad. Prolly been playing games since I could move my hands.... love games.... Now as for collecting, I've been collecting since mid 95 I guess... My collection is getting large very quickly thanks to e-bay.

The systems i collect for are the SNES, Saturn, Game gear, Game boy (original), Game boy pocket, N64, PS1, R-zone, Virtual Boy, Genesis, and 32x. However, the systems I collect for grow very quickly. I try to buy a new system weekly or monthly if money permits. Next on my buying sights are a 3DO, Jaguar, Dreamcast, Vectrex, old Atari's, NES, and Turbo Grafx 16 for starters.... All in time.

Other than gaming I enjoy Computers alot. Build them all the time. I also am a HUGE Disney nut (Former Disney Cast Member). OOOOOO, and I also do alot of videography and editing at my college along with web site design and graphic arts!

That's pretty much all about me... I look forward to hanging around here for a long time. Hopefully even meet some gamers like me Take care.

-Dustin (Castmem)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Sean, I'm 17 and I live in California. I have been into video games since I was like 2 or 3 years old starting with the NES and so on and so forth. I currently run a message board at http://s3.invisionfree.com/nesboard and we are pretty active for being 2 weeks old but we are pretty popular among the "NES Community" so if you could register, it would be most excellent.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, I'm Lee.

I do alot of gaming. Basically thats all I do. I don't have the classci systems like the atari or comadore or anything. I have the NES though. The NES is basically all I play. I do collect anything retro I can get my hands on, so i guess thats why I came here. I don't talk alot at one givin time. So you might not see me much.
    Your thoughts go far, but my words don't.

My Collection
    Nes World Wide

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Natalie, I'm a 15 1/2 yr old girl from California. I will be 16 in a few weeks (on the 17th of August). I've been playing video games since I was about 2 years old. I grew up on NES and later down the road, SNES.

- How you found the forums
    I found the forums through a friend who posts here. Y'all may know him as RetroYoungen.

- What your favorite games are
    Super Mario World (SNES)
    Super Mario Sunshine (GCN)
    1080 Avalanche (GCN)
    Galaga (arcade and...other stuff...)
    Animal Crossing (GCN)
    Final Fantasy 11 (PC)
    Dance Dance Revolution
    Percussion Freaks
    e.t.c...

- What systems you collect for
    NES (about 7 or 8 games... 700+ if you include the ROMs)
    SNES (21 games)
    Game Boy and its many offspring (about... 25 or 26 games)
    PSX (16 games)
    Sega Dreamcast (6 games)
    Nintendo Gamecube (21 games)
    Nintendo 64 (15-17 games...can't remember)

- What you do in "real life"
    Eat, sleep, play video games, go to school, I'm in a Taekwondo class that meets 3 days a week...meh, that's about it. Oh yeah, I've been cosplaying since 2001 (one of my costumes being Aeris from FFVII. My fave one so far ^-^) and I design graphics in my spare time. (I'll have to post them up sometime)

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I didn't really begin collecting 'til I was about 10 or 11. Before that, I had been collecting Nintendo 64 and Gameboy Color games without really knowing I was "collecting." I didn't really start collecting SNES games until I moved to California and discovered a Funcoland (or now it's called GameStop) and starting getting them there for cheap! Nowadays, I collect SNES games (and Gamecube) the most!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is ???
    i am ??? years old
    I live ???
    i am in real life ??
    I own the consoles????
    my hobbies are ????
    my fave games are????

I am a real enigma

also one final note is
    im not much of a retro collector but i am trying to getinto it, the main reason i have not got many retro consoles is they are way behind my time.

I really only collect psx games and ps2 games but i play em aswell soidont know if u can call that collecting.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello fellow collectors and gamers. I have lurked here for quite some time and decided to join the fun. I mainly collect for older platforms, such as the NES system. I do enjoy the newer systems, but the old school games are where my roots are.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey hey! im Paul, im from a little town called Horley just outside London, England. Im 24 and ive been a hardcore gamer since i was about 7(ish). I started off with a commodore 64 and have owned pretty much evrything since then. My fave games are old school beat em ups such as Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Double Dragon, Fatal Fury etc. I play guitar in a metal band called (ME)dia, check us out if u have a moment at www.themediamachine.net. Anyway, let the fun commence...........