Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Strawberry (Level 2) LazingBlazers's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PartsJohn

I just realized that I haven't done this since I became a member with my all new, all true user name.

Anyway, my name called John. I live in Wisconsin, and I am currently 24 years old. I'm known as LazingBlazers or lazingblazers on this site, as well as eBay and Yahoo!. I am also known as LazingBlazers or fuk2The2ndPower on Xbox Live. If you see me at one of those other places, give me a shout out. I've actually been an on and off member of this message board for a while. I used to be known as Johnny Arcade, and something I can't remember even before, back when this was on the EZBoard system. Anybody remember? Anybody care? I doubt it.

For my gaming tendencies, I like the TurboGrafx-16 a lot... I've got a pretty nutso collection. Once I get a first hand grasp of what the Commodore 64 is all about, I might get into that too. I also appreciate the current gen stuff a good deal, but it's just not quite the same to me. However, that still doesn't put a stop to me blowing money on it.

Other things that I enjoy are Bruceploitation, Anthrax, Chevrolets, fishing, different types of exercise, and lots of etc.

Here's looking forward to some good discussion on the forums!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Nick and I'm from Perth, Western Australia the most Isolated city in the world or so they say. I've been browsing these forums for the past few weeks and this place seems to be one of the best forums on the net so I have joined.

Anyway I wouldn't consider myself a collector as such more of a gamer with a pile of games (260+).

And so it begins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Hi, my name is Clint and I'm from Texas. I colect everything I can get my hands on as far as console games go. I enjoy cart based games over CD based as I have had more CD based systems die on me over carts. This said, I dont like the N64 much because the controlers tend to break on me often. Biggest colection is in the PS1 but the DC, snes, and genesis close out the top 4. I have been playing console games sense 82 on the atari 2600 and started colecting then but gave up and only started back with the PS1.

Curently colecting for-
    Atari 2600
    NES
    SNES
    Lynx
    GB
    GBC
    GBA
    Master system
    Genesis
    Saturn
    DC
    PS1
    PS2
    X-Box
    Imoports/domestic releases of anime based games.

Insert Coin (Level 0) youngamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi im keith i live in pa . im probably the youngest in the fourm (13, id like to be proved wrong though)

im the only classic game collector in my school ( i get made fun of A LOT )

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello!

Hi everyone!

My name is Mike and I'm an avid collector. I've had a passion for games since the Odyssey 2 and have been collecting game systems since 95. I've got over 500 games and try to keep my collection focused to North American releases only. I used to work in the Insurance industry, but relaized that wasn't my thing and changed careers. Currently, I'm a Game Designer for a AAA studio and am much happier as I can develop the content I have such a passion for. I look forward to contributing on these boards and will be a frequent visitor.

Favorite games:

Y's Book I and II
    Sky Kid
    Castlevania SOTN
    Star Control II
    Panzer Dragoon Saga

Favorite System:

TurboGrafx 16

I need:

A NEO GEO AES
    Channel F
    BallyY home Arcade
    Adventurevision (someday....)
    Emerson Arcadia
    Laseractive

Thanks!
    -Mike

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Allow myself to introduce...myself.

I'm Jive3D and I'm obsessed with games. I'm a normal 24 year old dude. I get up in the morning and drink coffee then take the subway to work. I live in Manhatten, no I live in the constant state of videogame obsession, wait I already established that.

I'm a big fan of all systems, well almost all systems. It first started with a game of Pac-man in California, circa 1984. My Dad told me that I played it for about a half hour (without a quarter) When the parents gave me a few washingtons, well it all started there. After an unhealthy obsession with a Super Mario Bros. arcade machine, They finally got me an Atari 2600 (my first system, still in it's "prime" I might add). Later came the NES and almost every system after that (but not always when they came out, I wasn't totally spoiled, I have collected a lot in the recent years, gotta get back all of the good games that I was stupid enough to trade to funcoland back in the day ^_^*!)

You can check out my game collection in the link below the clever Snatcher sig. Those are all of my legitimate games. I'm very much into the, uh, seedy type of game aquisitions, but I still fully support the industry by purchasing a healthy amount of games. Boy I can't wait for Donkey Konga to come out! I just pre ordered Shikigami no Shiro II for PS2, I'll be buying Megaman Command Mission, hopefully I'll be able to buy Shenmue Online, Silent Hill 4 and Megaman Collection on GBA if capcom stops delaying it. Sheesh!

Right now I have my Gamecube w/GBA player, PS2, Dreamcast & the roomate's Xbox hooked up to my TV. NO I have yet to purchase an Xbox. I did purchase my first Xbox game a few weeks ago (SHENMUE II). Nothing else other than Halo has somewhat perked my interest.

I'm into niche games and some maintream stuff. Most of my games are from Japanese developers. I actually boycotted any game by an american designer until GTA came out which actually renewed my faith in non Japanese gaming. That's probably not true to a T as far as boycotting US and Europe developed games (Except Wipeout which is my favorite series of games) But I did have little faith in games that didnt come from Japan for a long time.

I could go on and on but I'll try to sum it up with a few interests, which will include game genres and hobbys alike.

Survival Horror, Electronic Music (not that crap that gives dance music a bad name but the good stuff like DJ Shadow, Hybrid, RJD2, Jamiroquai, Plump DJs, I could go on), Almost anything Japanese. I speak a little Japanese - took some courses in college. I'm a DJ, I'm not big into scratching, but I'll do it when it's appropriate. I'm also a big fan of the Japanese surealist fiction author Haruki Murakami, Great stuff. I'm a movie buff too...where do I stop, where do I begin? Also, The Aquabats are seriously the best band in the world (and they are not Electronic either, which almost breaks my code of ethics. I guess that's what Silly Co-Cal Ska Super Heroes will do to ya)

I'm going to stop here, oh wait, I'll also say that most of my friends are not gamers at all. My girlfriend SOMETIMES will try to play some games, but other than that I only get a 1 player experience most of the time. So if you live in NYC and want to play some Pac-Man vs, shoot me a PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! My name is Dave and I live in Suwanee, GA. It sounds hickish, but its in the most heavily populated county in Georgia. I'm 20 years old and go to art school for computer animation. I found this website a while back actually, but never surfed around the forums. As soon as I started looking at some posts, I knew this is the place for me. I'm a middle school gamer (thats what I call it), or games from the late 80s til the latest wave of consoles hit. Im sure there is a technical definition, but I don't know it. Haha. I don't really have a favorite system, but I love everything Sega, hence my name. I just genuinely love games, and I collect for myself and not to resell later. I just want to amass as many games as I possibly can before I croak. I currently own an NES toploader, regular NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, 32x, 3do, PSX, Saturn, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance SP, PS2, Gamecube and a gaming PC. I have had two X-Boxes but they never did anything for me, so I sold them. Ha.
    My favorite series of games is Resident Evil, I've amassed quite a collection of those games. I also love Doom games, mostly on PC, but I grab the console ones for sh*ts and giggles. My favorite game period is Tetris.
    Wesker, where have you BEAN?!?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I'm Jeremiah Norris

I've been collecting NES games since ~1990 something. I'm 27 years old. I sold/ got rid of my NES in favor for the AV famicom. which works really great. I also have a Famicom disk system, and a moded SNES, a genisis, a playstation, a gamecude and a N64.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey All,
    My name is Dan and I'm 31 years old. My username is nubian or nubiandaze. I have a decent collection of classic games. The best of my collection includes these:

The whole collection of Vectrex games
    13 New Old Stock Nintendo game & watch game,
    30 boxed Lynx games
    A couple of Neo Geo Pocket games
    6 Dreamcast games
    Wonderswan Final Fantasy II
    Atari 2600 games
    A few Sega Megadrive game
    Around 60 Commodore 64 games (only pirates mostly)
    30 Atari ST games (originals)
    3DO game

Consoles:
    Dreamcast
    Commodore 128D
    Sega Megadrive
    Apple Macintosh
    Wonderswan
    Atari 2600
    Atari 1040 STe
    Neo Geo Pocket
    2 X Atari Lynx units
    3DO
    4 Vectrex units

That's about me. I Always like trading. I live in Australia and I want to acquire some more Neo GeO games. I really want to get GEX aND Samurain Showdown both for the 3DO. I have around 90 feedback on ebay @ 100% and my ebay usernane is nubiandaze.
    Regards,

Nubian.
    Retrohead

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    My name is Pete, I'm From Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.
    I collect anything from pong's to computers. (I have a 386 PC that takes mega drive cartriges).
    you can see what i collect here:
    http://www.old-computers.com/club/co...dis.asp?c=3855
    I started collecting a few years ago while working in tech support, people would ask if i wanted thier old computers.
    I'm an electrician by trade and also a qulified network engineer.(both handy for collecting)
    I got my nickname years before i started collecting, and years before I had ever played the game.(came from something totally unrelated)
    Use what you have, Not what you have not.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi All

My Name is Mr•X, and I have been lurking for a while, but decided to finally join. I enjoy modern games and classic gaming alike, and my favorite console is XBOX.

-X

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. My name is Habeeb Hamusta. I am an illegal alien. I come from pakistan. I moved here to Virginia U.S.. I currently am staying in a house with some other illegals. But whatever...

Anyways, I like The SNES.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello.

I'm a gamer from Edmonton AB, in the vast wastelands of Canada. I found the forums through a friend of mine who posts here. Not sure what handle he's going by, as I just got here :P

I enjoy most every kind of game save for sports and RTS games. If it involves Megaman or ninja's, I'll play it if I can.

I find it hard to classify myself as a collector. If I had to place a label on myself, I'd say I'm a very casual collector. I buy a lot of games, new and used, current and classic, but I only buy things I like. I don't buy for value or to resell or auction later. I mostly keep the stuff so I have access to it when I want to play it.

Lately, I'm into SNES games, as I was younger when the system came out and couldn't afford a great deal of the best games. Now that I have a steady income, I'm always on the lookout for anything fun, as well as the remaining games I've sold off over the years that I haven't bought back yet. Besides that, I have the usual Xbox, PS2, and GC combo, some common classic systems, and a DC that sorely needs attention.

In "real life", I'm an Assistant Manager at an EBGames here in town. It's probably the best job I can hope for right now, as I never did the whole college thing. I like it, though. I get to talk about games, play games, deal with games, and at the same time, be one of the people sitting at the mouth of "the beast". Working for a corporation makes you feel dirty once in awhile, but I do my best to "keep it real" and make sure I'm helping out as many gamers as I can.

The rest is pretty boring. Not sure how much I'll be posting here, but I'll make an effort to lurk the forums and be creepy at social gatherings. See you around. Stay frosty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BasicConduct
    PSN
    SebasContheGo

Well Hello.. im Sebastiaan.. just bein 21 years old and living in ALmere, The Netherlands.. found the forums just by accident i guess and since it about retro gaming (also) i got stuck to it :P

Well my favorite games are Super Mario Bros... and the entire Zelda collection (except for the CD-I versions those were totally bad for my health) I collect mainly for all Nintendo consoles... NES Mostly.. being my first console i owned

In real life i have a girlfriend (ARE YOU SERIOUS!! hell yeah i am :P) and i work at an subscription agency... (or however you guys call it) so im sitting behind the pc all day... pfffff.. I like to hang out.. go out partying till early in the morning :P well.. what else? hmmzz i like gaming... (ARE YOU SERIOUS AGAIN?? Ofcourse i am :P) Right now im playing Zelda The Wind Waker & Zelda: A Link To THe Past (SNES).. so keeps my busy ..

any other interesting facts you ask? Well... uhmm not really.. i began collecting just last year i guess.. thats when i dug out my NES from under piles of dust and started thinking.. well this is swell aaaaaah what the hell.. my collection is still very small but for me its satisfying.. i dont have a huge room like some of the collecters around here do :P still living with parents so.. :P well thats bout it

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gone.
    Last edited by Neonsolid; 07-06-2007 at 06:04 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy, Im Garrett aka drivefast1690
    I live in Cincinnati ohio
    FFVII, FFVIII, KH, Legend of Zelda, SMB2 would hav to be my favorite games
    I colllect games for Ps1,ps2, Nes and im starting to get back in genesis
    Im cunrrently a unemployed Senior in high school and thats about it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heya, my name is Kathleen. I'm New York born and raised, currently in the forgotten borough of NYC., which lacks good thrift shops. Been a gamer since my mom finally relented and got me an NES circa 1988. Final Fantasy fangirll, but not psycho about it lol. Also went to ECGX last Saturday and had a blast!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi

My names Simon, 25 years old, from the UK , near London..

Im a HVAC commissioning engineer by trade, but also recently started a business selling refurbed laptops, which is what i spend most my time doing lately..

Been posting on AA about a year now (Under the same name), thought it might be a good idea to sign up here as well...

I collect for the 2600, fairly seriously, but play most other older consoles as well.

Favourite games is a tricky question, but warlords on my 2600, RTYPE and galaga '88 on my coregrafx and Turrican on the genesis are getting the most playtime at the moment....

Play a lot of online gaming, mostly FPS, at the moment battlefield vietnam mostly, though call of duty exp.pack coming next week so that could all change !!

Si

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all!

My name is Ann, I'm from Dieppe, New Brunswick in Canada. I'm 20 years old and currently go to University of Moncton for culinary arts. My interests are simple, I like video games and anime. If I can, I like to have both, with the Nippon Ichi stuff out there as well as earlier anime based games like Magic Knight Rayearth on the saturn, or all those great older Sailor Moon games.

My favorite anime is Ranma Nibunnoichi (where I got my nickname from) and I listen to a lot of J-pop music, like Namie Amuro, GLOBE, and Two-Mix. For domestic stuff I like Ashleigh McIsaac, Barenaked Ladies (naturally), Andrew W.K. (don't laugh!) and a lot of other bands. I am sort of everywhere on the map musically.

And... yeah! Hope not to be a bother to all of you.

RanChan

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AND FINALLY FOR MY 100TH POST!!!!!!

Hey its me and I planned to introduce myself for my 100th post;

My name is really Lou but I am called or known as Black Dragon, and or Shadow Dragon, I am 16 and yea I know I am young but really really really smart!!!! I am a Goth so for those wondering and I am a Starting collecter,
    I found my way here by Achika's website Vidgame.net which I give do credit because is a great console website!! I have a NES, Xbox, genesis, an atari 2600 somewhere lol, N64, GB, GBC, and this computer for now and I am looking for a Famicom with all the computer add-ons, and of course the 1990 NWC cart I want so bad!!!!! Also my friends are game collecters and anime fans as am I too, FLCL is my favorite anime
    and the simpsons is my favorate show!!!!! I do have a GF and yes she a goth too a hotttttttttt gothic GF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorate games are all the mario games, chips challenge, simpsons hit & run, GTA4,
    the simpsons arcade game , and alot more!!!!!! I do work with electronics alot and make things really cool things, I am into rock music and metal my most favorate bands are AC/DC, Linkin Park, and Metallica!!!!!!!!!!

I think thats all for now but now you finally know me I guess lol!!

Rock on!!!