Page 4 of 164 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mecca, 22 years old, live on oahu, hawaii.

into all types of gaming, avid everquest player, etc etc..

like to surf, play raquetball, long walks on the beach, yadda yadda
    -------------------------------
    which brings me to my next point. germans love Hasselhoff.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Default This again?

OK, I'm Rob from Indianapolis. 27. Gamer since the Odyssey 1 (which I know is 2 years older than me, hey, I was retrogaming long before it was cool!) Mostly into pre-crash stuff. Why? When your gaming time comes in five minute chunks, you don't have the time to watch 10 minutes of cut scenes. Plus, having been around for the "golden age" of the arcades, that's stilll the main style of gaming that appeals to me.

I'm a student, I'd rather not talk about that.

Gaming is actually my number two hobby. The other one is record collecting. I am reluctant to call myself a collector, more like a scavanger. Interests there are jazz, funk, reggae, and "incredibily strange music". What? Check out my site http://www.cs.iupui.edu/~rguernse I hasn't been updated in a looong time, but that should get you started.

I doubt anyone is reading back this far in the post, but if you are, hello. :P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am John Scribble, aka pontifex maximus of the church of burgertime. I love the game and have an Incomplete History I maintain at our site. I live in foggy San Francisco and spend my days doing Web QA, hanging out with my girlfriend and my dog, and writing subversive things for our site and for other projects I'm involved with.

Glad to be here. Nice to meet y'all.
    ----A salted Dog does not a single peppered Pickle make----

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name's Dale. I've been posting at the Roundtable for almost 2 years (started out as an unregistered user) but I'm just re-introducing myself for the new boards.

My first game console was a NES, which I got when I was 8 years old. After that I received games mostly as presents and sometimes I'd buy them myself. I guess I really got into collecing when I was about 11 or 12 because I found that NES games were disappearing from store shelves so I madly bought all that I could. I then got another system, then another, and another and so on and I'm still collecting today and have hundreds of games and about 15+ or so consoles (haven't counted for a while).

I started up a website almost 2 years ago because of my interest in games. The website is called Console Database (thus my username) and the address is: www.consoledatabase.com. I also have a messageboard at http://pub65.ezboard.com/bgameandcon...semessageboard

I visit this forum from time to time when I get the chance. Talk to ya soon!
    Console Database TM
    http://www.ConsoleDatabase.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hiho!

My name is Marc Oberhäuser (or in short form MaO, don't mix it up with MarcoK, who is always one step ahead of me:). I am from Germany and for a living I am a freelancer in the computer game business (Game- and Leveldesign, Consultant, Producer with a track record of more than 20 released games). My age is 34 and I am an active collector of videogames scince 1991.

My fav console is the 2600 (1533 games, 952 boxed, highlights are Combat II, RealSports Basketball and Snow White). I also collect 5200, 7800, Lynx and INTV.

I also love the Atari 8Bit, C64 and the ST line. My fav classic games are Adventure, Yars' Revenge, Riddle of the Sphinx, M.U.L.E., 7 Cities of Gold, Air Support, Bruce Lee...

On the modern side of gaming I am addicted to Everquest and love Heroes of MM 2+3. I also have a Gamecube which is a pretty good system.

See you in Vegas,
    Marc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Nate, and I live in Ingersoll, Ontario...just north of London. I found these forums thanks to good ol Jaydub who hooks me up when I'm too dense to notice things

I collect for a lot of systems, including the SMS, Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, DC, Game Gear, Game Boy, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, N64, GC, 3D0, TG16/PC Engine, NGPC, PC, Lynx, Jaguar, PSX, PS2, 32X, and anything else that comes along that I like. I mostly collect RPGs and shooters, and some of my favorite games are:

Thunderforce 1-5, Suikoden I and II, System Shock I and II, Deus Ex, Star Control 2, Soldier Blade, Image Fight 2, Military Madness, Mega Man 1-6, Ogre Battle, Landstalker, anything by Treasure, anything by Working Designs, Dynasty Warriors 2 and 3, Silent Hill 1 and 2, and many more.

In real life I dig graves. Really. I also run a website that sells large stacks of PC Engine, Saturn, and SFC imports amongst other things. For a shameless plug, check the URL: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/maxlords/ but do it in IE, as it doesn't work with Netscape. I also work (gratis) for www.turbografx-16.com although it's a startup and is just getting going.

I collect games (over 500 at last count), SF and Fantasy books, DVDs, fish, and tabletop strategy games, and really get into anime.

I started gaming strangely enough, by selling my games. I sold them back in the heyday of the SNES (my first system after the C64) and then a month later, REALLY wanted to play them again. So I bought them again and made a vow never to sell a game that I liked ever again, unless it was a duplicate. I've kept to it, and as my wife will agree, my collection is breeding at an alarming rate. I guess that's about it!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know what to say~
    Im Robin, Im an Artist, I make models for video games and do some
    programming with WDL, RAD, VC++ and VB6.. my fav color is
    blue and I like long walks on the beach and cold Margaritas, Im married
    to a great guy named Mike and we have a beautiful 3 y/o son named Jade..

and thats me~ 8)

Jet~ :wink:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Looks like I got in a little late!

My name is Bruce, I'm 27 years old, and I live in good ol' Northern NJ, USA. I'm a PC technician, but for some reason I spend most of my time as manager of a Rite-Aid Pharmacy...bah! I'm absolutely nuts about videogames...all of them! Any game I can get my hands on and play basically. I am the moderator of the emulation forum right here at DP...a spendid way of playing all of your favorites right on your PC, most of the time looking, sounding and playing just the way you remember them. That's about all I guess!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Im Revolt storming from the world capital..New york city. I have a BA in Fine arts.Been playing video games for a good while now.

My first system was a pong machine..i forgot the brand, but i still have it. My second was an Intellivision that i still have with 2 games. I have donkey kong and venture. The next system was the nes, then the snes, ps1, n64, and finally the ps2.

I started back playing video games in 1992 when i was at a party and i was watching one of friends sons play Streetfighter2 on the snes. I was like, "Damn, thats a cool game". So I went out and got myself a snes and Streetfighter2 game. I think i played that game to death...i still play it :P I guess thats why im mostly into fighting games. I love to play any tekken game, Streetfighter, or virtua fighter4. i also like Air combat games. And i cant forget the whole Saturday i spent playing Doom on the snes :lol:

Ohyeah, I stumbled upon this site from a search engine. I was looking for information about Emulators, didnt know what they were :shock:

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a newbie, as you can see from my post count of 21. What? The count is over 500? Bah! Get your eyes checked, foo!

I'm Kess. I have a strange and obsene obsession with Seaman.

I collect for the NES, Genesis, and DC.

My best finds for each system

NES: Tengen Tetris Loose - 15.00
    Genesis: Golden Mega Game 35-1N-1 - 0.00
    Dreamcast - Kao The Kangaroo Complete - 9.99
    www.kessnet.tk
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Niels from the Nespit

Hi there,

I am new here so most ppl don't know me yet..:-)

I am Niels Pit, a 25 years old dutch nintendo collector totally addicted to the obscure nintendo (console/games) stuff. My website is www.nespit.com. I only have things on my site that were in, or are, still in my collection.

My main focus at the moment r the demo cartridges for the Nintendo various consoles. As it is not known what games where ever made in a demo form, it is always nice to find out about a new title.
    Next to that I love the prototypes and Test cartridges for all Nintendo consoles consoles!

I started about 5 years back with collecting Nes. But after gettin the most of the rarest stuff, (NWC, Prototypes, test cartridges, some rare cartridges) i lost the collecting spirit for it.Not only because of that but also of the following: it is not difficult to complete the collection, it will only cost money. The prizes have increased a lot over the last 5 years. A panesian gets more money today then a proto. (!!!!) So I decided to get some Snes stuff as well. I only focussed on snes -prototypes, -test cartridges, -demo's, and -competition cartridges(starfox&Donkey). Soon after decided to collect all Nintendo stuff. Handhelds, rare gameboy stuff, and N64 as well. The nicest thing about N64 these days r that there rn't a lot of collectors at the moment.

Well dunno what to tell more, u can always mail me if u have questions, or rare nintendo stuff that u wanna trade/sell ( i prefer the last..), or just wanna have a chat about stuff. nielsp@worldonline.nl

As I am very busy with work and my "offline" life, my site doesn't get updated much and looks a bit neglected..:-)

Grtz,

Niels
    Always looking for the obscure..www.nespit.com

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default eeek!

My name is Sara, I'm 22, I live in London and I'm a buyer. I don't collect anything (except handbags and shoes) and I don't really play many games. In fact, I don't really fit in here at all!
    I met Joe on PSO.
    I graduated from Edinburgh University with a degree in Commerce and European Law. I live in a nice flat in a nice area and I quite like my car.

I'm pretty sure that my original "introduce yourself" post was both funnier and more enlightening ...

~B.

EDITED by admin:
    Our rather modest moderator has left out a few things that I think are quite important!

1. She's the owner/moderator of our "Happy Hours Pub". Feel free to visit, but don't forget to leave your conscience at the door:
    http://www.nullunit.com/dpforum/viewforum.php?f=14

2. She's got a musical gift that I can't imagine why she doesn't mention. We have a dozen or so of her creations on the DP website:
    http://www.digitpress.com/mp3.htm
    (note that these were created using MTV Music Generator 2 and extreme acoustic sensibilities. I have her CD in my car stereo)

3. She may not be a collector, but she's certainly a gamer. We met playing Phantasy Star Online in 2000 and she was a great player. Now she plays a bunch of FPS titles online, recently/notably Unreal Tournament, on a rather high-end PC. Not a gamer!? HA!

4. Our firstborn has already been named. "BradBrad". The duplication is simply to emphasize the commitment to a name that might not otherwise be acceptable here in the US (with apologies to anyone named "Brad" that might be reading this).

And if this doesn't get re-edited, I'll be shocked.
    :P
    How handy!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Youguessed it: My name is Marco. I turned 32 on July 20th, and I live in Holland, just about the coolest place on this planet :lol:

I collect Atari 2600. I used to collect for all the older systems, but one day I decided to specialize. I started to sell everything else, and never looked back. Now I have some 1,500 games, of which a thousand are boxed. I own many cool prototypes too, like Tempest, Stunt Cylce and Ewok Adventure.

I think I may quit collecting when I've gathered 2600 boxed Atari 2600 games. My estimate is that will be in 2036. Then, I will have time again to start playing my favorite games again: Yar's Revenge, Warlords and Circus Atari, along with my arcade favorites Mr.Do!, Lady Bug and Pengo.

Oh, and if you think NES is a classic - think again! :P

Cheers,

Marco

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default introduction

My name is Chris, I live in michigan, I am 23 years old. I work for the largest printing company in the world Quebecor World Printing. I been playing games for as long as i remember. My first sytem was an Atari 2600 that i still have, Then just have worked my way up from there. I pick up stuff for all sorts of systems and still play my old computer games from the old text rpg's where you had to use graph paper for maps to leisure suit larry. I played lots of games when i was a kid but only collected sports cards back then. Now i collect mostly for the nes which is my personal fav. I have been doing that addictively for about a couple of years now. I am not only into the older games, I play new stuff also and enjoy them both equally as much. I have a lil site just for my nes collection. itsmysite.com/nesgames/ .

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And I would be Jorpho. I'm presently south of the border, but I'll be moving back to Canada soon.

Message boards generally frighten me deeply, but for some reason I spend an awful lot of time reading about classic games, and so I attempt to contribute while desperately attempting not to scar myself emotionally. Please don't hurt me.

Over the years, I've accumulated too many PC games, both legitimiate and less so, and since it will take me years to get through them all, I do not generally seek new games. However, there are still a few N64 games I'd like to take a crack at, and perhaps I'll manage to get there some day if I make the right trade.

Science is my life. Chemistry is good, but it lacks a certain mystique posessed by physics - possibly the math...
    ________
    Kitchen Measures
    Last edited by J'orfeaux; 04-01-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wont let me go back..

Name: George
    Misc: Been gaming since I was a little kid with my colecovision. Run two web sites (www.gamersuplink.com & www.cenetworks.com) which need staff. (Contact me if interested..)

(Joe.. Nice board..)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

My name is Matthew. I've been into videogaming since around 1990...a few years after my family got an NES in 1987. The other System's that I bought (or was given) new are my Genesis and N64.

It's only been the past couple years that I've really gotten into retrogaming...it started with downloading an emulator in 1998...after a while I got bored with emulation and decided I wanted to get the real thing.

Now I have the following game consoles:

(1) NES
    (2) GameBoy
    (3) Genesis
    (4) GameGear x2 w/link
    (5) Nintendo64
    (6) Fairchild Channel F
    (7) Atari 5200
    (8) Atari 2600
    (9) GameCube
    (10 Odyssey^2
    (11) SuperNES
    (12) Dreamcast
    (13) SMS
    (14) Sega CD
    (15) Atari 7800
    (16) Sega 32X
    (17) Saturn
    (18) GameBoyAdvance:SP
    (19) Atari Lynx x2
    (20) Intellivision
    (21) Neo Geo color Pocket
    (22) PlayStation

[updated as of June 14th, 2005 for complete console/handheld list]

As for old computers I have an Apple IIGS, a Commodore 64 and a portable Commodore SX64.

The Commodore 64 was what got me into collecting old computers and game consoles. I inhereted mine just over a year ago.

I'd say that for Computers, the Apple IIGS would have to be my favorite of the ones I've ever used (either the real thing or emulation).

I'm going to say that the NES is my favorite game console for now.. When ever we have guests over I pull out Galaga just in case....

Oh and I almost forgot, I also have an original model Game Boy,
    A Sega Game Gear, and I just recently got a Lynx at goodwill

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am known as Metrackle (real name classified for privacy reasons), and I live somewhere in Texas. I found this place six weeks ago (back on EzBoard) when lurking the Video Game Bible forums.

I have been playing video games since I was about three or four when I got my NES with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt and Marble Madness. Some of my favorites include Actraiser, Galaga, DonPachi, Shinobi, Circus Charlie, and Bubble Bobble. I tend to prefer shooters and platformers. I usually collect for NES, SNES, Gameboy (regular, Color, and Advance), and Playstation, but I'll collect for other systems soon.

In my spare time, I either watch TV, lift weights, run, eat, play with my pets, or sleep. My favorite shows include Married With Children, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Red Dwarf, and Mystery Science Theater 3000. I'm somewhat of an insomniac. I have trouble sleeping during certain times in certain conditions. My pets include a black cocker spaniel (dog, female, over 14 and still going strong), an Australian Blue Heeler (dog, male, over a year old), a Golden Retriever (dog, male, under a year old), and a Russian Blue (cat, male, 8 years old).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduce Myself

G'day,

I am Lizard from Australia - Queensland. I am 31 y/o. I have just signed up. But I mostly frequent www.lemon64.com. A Commodore 64 web site.

I have been playing games since about 5 years old or so since I got my first Pong TV game machine. I haven't stopped playing games since.

I collect mostly Atari 2600, Lynx, Atari Computers, Commodore 64, Amigas, Vectrex CBS Colecvision, Game and Watches and those coleco tabletops. What I'd really love to get into is Arcade machine collecting but is too expensive and I dont have the space.

My first computer was the Commodore 64 and still love it to this day.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gday everyone from Australia.

My name is Jason and I'm a 32 yr old game collector. I've been into this since I got my Atari 2600 in Christmas 1978. I still have it and still play it to his day.

While I work on high end computers in real life, my real love are the old systems I grew up with, a Vic 20, TI-99 and C64 and Amiga. And I can't stop collecting Atari, Intellivision and Colecos either.

And I hope I never stop