Page 46 of 164 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone!
    My nameīs Lars and Iīm from Sweden in Europe and I have just started to build a Jamma test rig. Since my experience with arcade projects and electronics in general isnīt so good, I thougt why not join a game forum so I can get help when ever I run into problems or just isnīt sure about something. Anyway when i play games (if Iīm home and not in any arcadehall) itīs mostly console type RPGīs (especially the Final Fantasy and the Shenmue-series), but i also like games like Crash Bandicot and Sonic the hedgehog.
    Well where I live there are not alot of places were you actually can play old arcadegames so when I began to search for info about the test rig I found this place. Hopefully, if my test rig will work, I will try to build a adapter so I can play old NeoGeo MVS games like Metal Slug (one of my favourite arcadegames).

Best regards, Lars
    (Is it called arcadehall? )

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings,

I'm Robert from North Carolina. Currently, I'm earning my Master's in library and information science at UNC, Chapel Hill. So, pretty much I'm a student for two days of the week and a stay at home dad for the rest.

I collect for the Intellivision, Sega Master System, Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox. I've got a pretty hefty pile of PC games, but I spend so much time in front of a computer for work that I have now gravitated away from them during my leisure time. My collection is pretty small due to limited funds and because there are many titles that I simply don't care about. I suppose I like rpgs, platformers, and anything whimsical or unusual. I don't have any desire to be a completist, but I will pick up a rarity if I find one even if the title is not the sort of thing I would normally enjoy.

I'm pretty new to collecting, and have a great deal to learn. That's why I was pleasantly surprised to find this site after searching for rarity guides relevent to the systems I own. You guys seem to be a cut above the crowd at the usual fansites.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hiya folks!

I'm Daniel (aka Danny, Dan, Dan-O). I'm from Houston, Texas and 28 years old. I'm currently doing freelance work in the Multimedia and Web Design field.

I've got a humble NES, Dreamcast, PS2, PS1, Saturn, GBA, SNES and PC collection going.

I've also just recently put together a collection of Genesis games I owned as a kid, so I guess you can add that to the list as well!

Good games, good memories!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi shroudz here, iv'e been reading the forums for years but rarely post. Iv'e been collecting for several years though. I collect mainly for most systems but only select items. my most obsecure system is probalbly a european sg 1000 sega unit. I have over 50 different systems and many variations.
    I reside in Australia so we miss out on a lot of the cool stuff like the turbografx so i import some stuff. I collect mostly pal stuff but have quite a few import games and systems as well..I started collecting mostly through secondhand stores houses markets etc like most people and kinda graduated to collecting through contacts and auctions as a lot of the stuff i began to look after was just plain imposible to find and too time consuming.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Intro For RetroGaming2004

Hey all! My name is David and Im from San Diego, Ca. Video Games are my passion, I eat, sleep and crap them (the neo-geo aes ones hurt on the way out the most!) Any ways...I came acrossed this site a few days ago while looking for a video game price guide and it seems great! Im a member Of The Neo-Geo.com forums as dbarrett0928 but i sold off my neo geo aes collection for a hefty penny and now regret it. I collect NES games and systems as well.

In real Life? Well, lets just say I call your house whn you dont pay bills! Thats right, a BILL COLLECTOR...Not to be confused with telemarketing. Im 22 and have a girlfriend and 2 Mini Pinscher Dogs. Next to gaming, I like to go to the desert and hit the sand dunes on my dirt bike...Thanks and hope to speak with many of you soon!

Oh, and my all time favorite game is Tecmo Super Bowl for NES.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my first post, yet another forum virgin, sigh.

My name is Sean and I live in the wonderful world of Iowa, which is why I collect games because there's not much else to do here.

I've been playing various games on various systems for years (I remember owning an Intellivison, a Colecovision, and an Atari though those memories are kinda fuzzy), but I've only recently begun to start collecting games. This is due in major part to one of my best friends becoming the assistant manager of a recently opened GameCrazy store. Seeing that I could buy a buttload of NES carts for a few bucks a piece I started picking up a few titles and it very quickly became an obsession. So now my goal is to own every single NES game I possible can.

Searching for a complete list of NES games is actually what brought me to this site in the first place, and I find that I just keep coming back, again and again.

So here I am and there you are and it's nice meeting you. Hope to help anybody anyway I can and vice versa.

Insert Coin (Level 0) wizkid007's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Wizshaw
    PSN
    ick

My name is chris... I collect all kinds of stuff.. MOstly mint and expensive stuff.. Im starting to use this site more and more as some of the other forums are rather lackluster in nature.

Heres my neo collection

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Should have done this earlier...

I primarily collect games on Sega and NEC systems.
    Very interested in homebrew PC Engine development (though I have trouble finding the time). Also interested in developing some things on VCS and Jaguar.

Other interests: Hobby OS and artificial intelligence development, Linux, Anime, older electronics (Analog, RF, older computers, etc), Warhammer 40K.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im new here. HI!

Video games are the best. I love Racers.
    This is each of my systems with my favorite racer for each.

NES - Rad Racer
    Genesis 32x - OutRun
    Playstation - Ridge Racer Revolution
    Saturn - Sega Rally Championship
    N64 - Cruis'n World
    Dreamcast - Sega Rally Championship 2
    PS2 - Burnout

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm new to the boards, think I found them a week or so ago linked on cheapassgamer.com.

I've been gaming since the 2600 days (I'm 25, my dad had one, him and I played a lot when I was really young), my own personal first system was the 7800, then the NES. I sold my system and entire collection of the former to buy a game for the latter (Astyanax if I remember correctly) and I've regretted it ever since.

Most of my collection is on the current gen systems, mostly because cheap games are overly abundant, but I've been filling out my PS1 collection lately as well. Long term dreams are to get a Turbo Duo and Neo Geo AES, but that's not likely for awhile. Unfortunately my day job as a full time PhD student keeps me from playing as much as I'd like.

Anyway, these look like great forums, and I may post my "Room of Doom" in the near future, though it'll look downright pathetic compared to most others I've seen!

Insert Coin (Level 0) The Plucky Little Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there. I figure I've been lurking on these boards long enough. It's time for an introduction. I live in Portland, OR. I stumbled across the sight while trying to find out how rare the Sega CD's "Popful Mail" was.

My introduction to video gaming was the Sega Master System which I tried, desperatley, to stay loyal to despite the fact that everyone in the known universe had an NES. I probably would have given in if not for my love of "Choplifter".

Most of my collecting falls in with the Master System, Genesis, and Sega CD, although I'm getting pretty close to finally picking up an NES deck.

My top five favorites (in no particular order)

Lunar: the Silver Star (sega CD)
    Strider (genesis)
    Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
    Ghouls N' Ghosts (Genesis)
    Jet Set Radio (Dreamcast)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Micky Wright here, from westport CT. I stumbled upon this website when I had wanted to get an atari 2600, and I had seen the DP Collector's guide over at atari age a couple years ago.

At the moment, I am finshing up high school, and trying to aquire complete DC and NGPC collection. I also hope to get a complete sealed 32X collection one day, although I'm going to have to do some searching for a factory sealed Spiderman. I can't really give favorite games as that is too broad for me to make a decision on. Typically I dislike most sports games, though I have more of an appreciation for older ones. And I also have a knack for liking unique games that don't fit the typical game formulae that the industry has fallen into.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yet another classic gamer from the DC area. I've been buying the Digital Press price guides for 5 or 6 years now, and I've visited the site from time to time. But I just recently decided to join the forums. I used to post on rec.games.video.classics back in the day, but left when it became more bickering than gaming discussion.

My gaming interests pretty much cover all kinds of systems throughout the years, consoles as well as handhelds and computers. I've got two arcade cabinets, one Ms. Pacman and the other a generic JAMMA system, with about 20 arcade boards. I've been collecting since the mid 90's, and I've probably got about a thousand games by now. Lately I've concentrated more on import Japanese gaming, but my interests tend to sway between different eras. My favorite kinds of games are shmups and RPGs.

I usually go to thrift stores and flea markets weekly, where I find most of my stuff. I also buy off of ebay and yahoo auctions Japan.

These are my consoles:
    RCA Studio II, Vectrex, Emerson Arcadia 2001, Hanimex Pong clone, Magnavox Odyssey 1, Magnavox Odyssey 3000, Magnavox Odyssey 2, Fairchild Channel F, Atari Pong, Atari 2600 (several models), Atari 5200
    Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar, Nintendo Famicom (several clones, too), Famicom Disk Drive, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Virtual Boy, Intellivision (1 and 2, plus an Intellivoice), Colecovision, Sega Master System (1 and 2), Sega Genesis (1 2 and 3), Sega 32x, Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Neo Geo MVS (Techincally arcade, but I've got a supergun), Neo Geo CD, 3DO, FM Car Marty ("Car" version of FM Towns game system/computer), NEC Turbografx 16, NEC Turbo Duo, NEC PC-FX, Sony Playstation, Sony Playstation 2, Nuon (Samsung N2000)

Handhelds....

Bandai Wonderswan Color and Swancrystal, Sega Game Gear, Sega Nomad, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Gameboy (original, color,GBA, and GBA SP), Atari Lynx, Tiger Game.com, Turbo Express, GP-32

"Classic" gaming computers...

Atari 400, Atari ST 1040Stf, Commodore PET 2016, Commodore VIC-20, Commodore 64, Commodore 128, Commodore Plus/4, Amiga 500, MSX (Sony FS-A1), Matell Aquarius, Apple II (II+, IIe, IIc, IIgs), TI-99/4a, TRS-80, Tandy Color Computer, Sharp X68000, NEC PC-8801 FE

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name: Norman Sikes

How I found the forums: I found Digital Press via the Classic Gaming Syndicate
    Webring & have been viewing the Forums from afar
    for the last few months. I had been a member of
    the GameTZ community for roughly 1/2 a year, but
    was turned off by some events & user behavior.

My favorite Games: Too many to mention, but if I were to skim, I'd say
    Galaga, Dragon Warrior(Quest) series, Shining series,
    Final Fantasy series, Lunar series, Resident Evil series,
    Silent Hill Series, Splatterhouse Series, Shenmue series,
    Ikaruga & Border Down.

Systems I collect for: Atari 2600 (just system - no games yet)
    Intellivision (5 complete games - no system yet)
    NES
    SNES
    Genesis/Sega CD
    GameGear (just system - no games yet)
    TurboGrafx/PC engine
    Saturn
    PSX
    N64
    Dreamcast

Occupation: Information Technology servant for an insurance company

Interesting (or not) facts: I've only been into gaming for a little over 3 years
    now, so I have much catching up to do with the
    rest of the Digital Press community collecting wise.
    Since my job & band occupy most of my time,
    gaming/collecting comes in at a very close third
    (but it is still a very dear love to me). What drew
    me to Digital Press is the lack of users whose
    primary form of communication is OMFG, RO><OR
    or PWN, which really turned me off from other
    communities. Seeing how knowledgeable, polite
    and generally courteous the users are here is what
    ultimately led me to joining this community & I'm
    truly looking forward to interacting with all of you.

Well, enough of my jibbajabba. Carry on...
    I had a lovers quarrel with the world.
    -Robert Frost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Quote Originally Posted by CasualCoreGamer
    Name: Norman Sikes

welcome! I was born in Holyoke

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the welcome. We're digging ourselves out of the snow right now
    (which suits me fine since I love winter) in the 'Yoke.
    I had a lovers quarrel with the world.
    -Robert Frost

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, I looked WAY too long for an intro thread/section. Anyway...I'm new.

My name is Erik, I'm 21, and I live in Minnesota. I'm fairly new to game collecting, but it's my interest in that which has drawn me to the boards. I currently have 8 consoles and about 100 games over all of them, but am always looking for more of both. I've also begun collecting the 20 games on Seanbaby/EGM's Crapstravaganza list (3 down, 17 to go). I couldn't ever decide on a favorite game ever, but Super Metroid and Castlevania: SotN are definitely up there. I'm currently unemployed, but I recently left my job at GameStop.

I think that covers the stuff mentioned in the first post...if anyone else wants to ask me something or get to know me further, send me an IM or PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Tony. Various screen names on varoius sites. Mainly Untamed.

18 years of age. (Moved out, thank god.)

I live in Vancouver BC, Canada.

I found the forums a while ago while browsing a Sega Saturm forum. I lurked, then registerd, then made my first post today.

My favorite games... That's a tough question. VERY.

Most fighting games, except Tekken and Virtua Fighter.
    Most RPGs, mainly pre new-gen systems. Dreamcast and before.

Currently playing (again, in most cases):
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Chrono Cross
    Final Fantasy IV
    Star Ocean: The Second Story

I collect for any system I can get my hands on.
    MY systems are, so far:
    Famicom
    NES
    SNES
    Genesis
    SegaCD
    Saturn
    PSX (Stolen from me)
    N64 (Stolen from me)
    Deamcast (Stolen from me)

I have to replace a few systems after the house was robbed.

Game list is: http://users.ign.com/collection/lowbay

"Real Life" is irrelevent. Regardless, I need one eventually.

Interesting facts about me?
    Can't have interesting facts about someone who is uninteresting. Unless you try VERY hard, but you might pop a vein.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone, im from Ontario, Canada, and im 17 years old and have been playing video games ever since my brother and I got a Sega Master System for Christmas. I am not a hardcore collector YET since im young, but I do have a handful of newer PS2 games since thats what I mostly play, and one day I will build up my collection with older games. I found this site a few years ago while looking for video game lists so I can find every game released.

My favorite games are ALL of them except for RPG's, I just cant stand them. Some games that stand out from the rest are Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Rock N Roll Racing, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time, Sonic.

Systems that I own:

Dreamcast (Paid $20 CAN from a friend)
    Game Boy Pocket (I borrowed this from some kid and never returned it)
    Game Gear (Bothered my parents for it back in the day)
    PS2 (Got it on my b-day, and I have the Limited Edition GT3 Racing Pack)
    SNES (Got it for Christmas when it came out)

And the Sega Master System hasnt worked for a bunch of years, although I still do have a few great games.

And get used to seeing me here, cause im gonna be on the forums regularly now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey I'm Cat-Mince from NZ. i'm starting to Collect PAL Dreamcast games. I currently have

Phantasy Star Online v2

and that's it hahah

one down 216 to go