Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been mooching off Digital Press for a couple years now to use the very high-quality Online Rarity Guide. I really never paid much attention to the forums at all until I needed pricing advice on an arcade cabinet. I figured it was mostly the young crowd that ran on forums and I was too old for it. However, so far, I've been impressed with the discussion here and the maturity of both the young and "older" posters on the board. And I've enjoyed participating in it as well... so I guess I was wrong about myself.

I collect basically EVERYTHING hand-held or console from any era. I've played games all my life (started on the 2600), but I got heavy into it around the SNES and PS1 era. I was always casual about games, until 2D and then 3D RPGs really drew me in, and since then it has expanded to all genres (plus I just don't have the time to play many RPGs anymore). I really have no "preferred" system to collect for, although I don't collect too much for systems pre-NES. I guess if I had to pick one I would say that I probably tend to put the most focus on my Saturn collection. I tend to find the systems that did poorly when they came out (like 3DO and Saturn) more fun to collect for than the ones that I already played to death when they were current (like SNES and PS1).

In "real life" I work in law enforcement. However, I sell video games on the side as well (mostly through eBay), but usually only duplicate games and systems that I've picked up in large lots I buy from people in my local area.
    Last edited by MF_Luder; 07-18-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuzzball123

I'm Nick, I'm just a kid, but love games just as much as people young or old! I have a measly collection of 160 games or so, but I plan to reach 200 by the end of the year. My first system was the SNES. I don't have many systems compared to you guys, but compared to my friends I'm the gaming God! Haha, well my friend has a few more...

See you around the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default watch the birdie

Greetings fanboy & girls, I'm Ron, I live in Houston Texas. I'm here because I was drafted into service. I'm kidding. Damaramu gave me a heads up.

I love FPS, mech combat games, RTS, and the ocasional Platformer or RPG. Current favorites are SLAI and Dragon Quest 8. I'm collecting for the GBA and PS2. I'd like to get as many as I can before they become defunct.

IRL I'm an artist and writer though I am a commissioned security officer to pay the bills. Which means that I split my funding between games and guns.

I wouldn't say I'm an avid collector. I don't really care about shutting my stuff away in a dark vault with packets of dessicant. I've lost my possessions too many times to be that anal lol. But once I buy a game chances are I won't get rid of it ever since I never know when I'll get the urge to play it.

I especially will never get rid of any multy player 'party games'. Many good times were to be had on a Friday night at art school playing Rush 2049 or Toy Commander

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lurk lurk lurk lurk

Admins restrict finds thread access

Register

Poast

So it begins. Looking forward to Jagfest '08!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Super Sonic 5's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. Nice forum you guys have here. I go by Super Sonic 5 'round most boards, but play all kinds of games. I found DP a while ago, but just joined the forums once I saw that the people here play so many classic games.

My systems include NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox, 3D0, TG16, CD-I, Game Boy (Broken), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, GBA, a dead Game Gear, and a C64 I picked up for 5$ with no games. Oh, and a Super Game Boy, but that's not a real system. Whew... Anyway, during the summer, I'll be posting here some and lurking here more.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi

My name is Mark... and I've been reading DP for a few weeks now... I live in and around Orlando, FL... enjoy Horror and Sc-Fi movies, candle lit dinners, and rose petals... I have a game and system collection that pales in comparison to most on here (it appears)- but I've been playing video games since the mid 80s- and although not as harcore as a some of you fellow gamers, still enjoy and play games to this day.

I'm a bit of an electronics and A/V nerd, so I'll be glad to try and answer some questions, provided no "hatin' " is thrown my way. I am also good with poor sentence structure, misspelled words, and commas.
    Last edited by TheDomesticInstitution; 07-25-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I'm Chad and I'm from New Jersey(Morris County). I discovered Digital Press the other day when a friend and I were driving through Clifton to get some Hot Grill. I've been playing video games and computer games since I was 4. The first game I ever played was Kirby's Dreamland on my shared(i have a brother so the systems sorta got shared,until I started playing more games than him) fat original grey gameboy. Over the course of time, I have/had a NES,Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy SP, PSP SNES, N64, PS2 and Wii. I sold the PS2 for cash to get Wii, I sold PSP because I needed cash and I was sorta getting tired of it(I was annoyed Tekken: Dark Reserection didn't have online play and Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops was a great game, but it sorta just got old after awhile), the NES is at my grandparents' house to give bring back great gaming memories when I'm bored there. My favorite games are, Super Smash Bros., Resident Evil 4, Warcraft III(I used to play WoW since it came out, but I lost interest over the year) and Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion. Outside of videogames, I like hanging with friends, playing soccer,reading, and watching english premiership football

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello folks. My name is Kevin Hansen. I'm from Florida but moved to Dallas Texas.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, and.. wait, wrong forum. Anyhow. I try to collect as much stuff as possible, especially hard-to-find items. I found this forum a while back, but only had time to stay for a few minutes, I never got back. BUT here I am again. I was looking for some retro NES information and stumbled here.

I try and collect for any system I grew to enjoy over time, which was rather a nice chunk of them. Nintendo is my biggest appreciacian because they have been so innovative in their history. They have been around for at least 100 years and I can respect their work! Of course they only started into the video game scene around 1980. At least the company was kept in the family.

In real life I am a computer and electronics technician, soon to work for a game console repair facility. I hope anyway. If I could live out of a factory sealed game b0x, I probably would! But how much would I be worth?

I hope I enjoy my stay here, and I hope there are complimentary mints as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Cura, and i'm an alcoholic. I live in Norway in a town called Rognan, and i found the forums reading a review on a gameboy game called Volley Fire. I have many favorite games, but if i were to filter out a few. it would be Star Control II, Natural-Selection and Starcraft. I currently own all systems ever created by Nintendo up to the GameCube.

IRL I mostly hang out with my GIRLFRIEND. The rest of the time I hang at random forums and do schoolwork. Sadly there issn't much time for me to play Video Games recently, because of all the time my GIRLFRIEND drains from me, but i play some classics like SMB or Sonic the Hedgehog from time to time.

I'm looking forward to discussing, arguing and ranting with you guys...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Jason.
    I live in Canada, I'm currently in Sec.3 and I just started a Sega Genesis collection which currently doesn't exist.
    I hope to make it grow fast.
    My favorite Sega Gen. game is Kid Chameleon and one of my favorite game is Jet Set Radio on dreamcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi guys ive been posting on your forums for about a month or so now but i just ran into this thread so i figured i would introduce myself. My name is dan and i live in warwick new york but i work as an insurance agent in fair lawn nj which is about 15 minutes from the digital press store (which rocks). i stumbled onto the forums whilst researching nintendo clones i believe though i dont really remember. as for a favorite game thats a pretty tough question and im sure many of you would agree lol. right now ive been hooked on old school text adventures namely zork, and ive gotten back into playing nethack and adom. i collect for a few systems the biggest part of my collection being made up of nes games i have about 150 different carts probably around 175 total if you include all the doubles (probably have 10 copies of mario 3 lol). other than that sega genesis and its awesome add-ons, gameboy in all its iterations, nindo ds, playstation 1 & 2, n64, intellivision, gamecube, snes, computer (dont really collect computer games i just play them). possibly a few others that are escaping my memory right now (sitting here at work trying to picture all my consoles laid out on the floor). though nes was my first real console id say my gaming days started out with the ibm xt, as i didnt actually have any games for it i spent untold hours making terrible text adventures in basic that i would then play through. yea i guess thats about enough for a decent introduction anyway looking forward to getting to know the members of this community better. -Dan
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Greetings earthlings!

I am an old geezer at 55 - been collecting video games since 1991 (when I bought an SNES along with Tetris and FFII).

I favor RPGS, puzzle and strategy games.

I collect all sorts of stuff besides vintage games - laserdiscs, board games, books, bookends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Bumppo View Post
    Greetings earthlings!

I collect all sorts of stuff besides vintage games - laserdiscs, board games, books, bookends.
    You, sir, get bonus points for having a literary-inspired screen name. Welcome aboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pantechnicon View Post
    You, sir, get bonus points for having a literary-inspired screen name. Welcome aboard.
    Yeah - I had to wade through those books in the educational system's vain attempt to make me literate in my errant youth.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The name's OTEM, from England. I am only a casual collector and hunt games that I want to play but somehow overlooked in the past (at the moment, X-BOX games). I also collect vinyl. I play on average one night a week for about 4 hours, or whenever I can - not often, but I can still hold my own when it comes to gaming chit-chat.
    I am almost 20 and I am a student.
    Last edited by OTEM; 01-15-2008 at 10:55 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

Hey Everyone!! my name is Dylan, Dastardly Dylan is my name that i have been known as for many years on the internet
    i am also on another gaming website (www.ScrewAttack.com)
    im usually at Digital Press gaming on sunday, when i have off i go there, in Clifton NJ, its awesome and theres alot of cool stuff there, i will be returning shortly, cause i am currently looking for a game gear.
    its a gaming website made by gamers, for gamers! unlike g4, which sucks
    well, i love meeting new people and be sure to add me on xbox live!!

-Dylan
    Last edited by Dastardly Dylan; 01-16-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

Insert Coin (Level 0) pugmagician's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello I'm Eric from Mercer, PA. I've heard about this quite a bit at Gametz, but never really checked it out until recently. I'm known as pugmagician at every site that I'm a member of, and I'm currently a Truck Driver but hoping to have my own store one day. I love all Sega, Turbo, and Neo Geo Syetems, and I'm big into RPGs.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Tony Lama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! My name is Anthony and I am from Chicago, IL USA. I found these forums through Sean Kelly's video game store (VIDEO GAMES ETC.) here in Norridge, IL. My first video game console was a SEARS TELEGAMES system. Although I lost that system in a flood years ago, I was lucky enough to find one recently at a flea market and purchase it. The working systems I own are as follows: Atari 2600/Sears Telegames, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Nintendo Wii, Sega Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, TurboGrafx-16/CD, Xbox, and Xbox 360.

I started seriously collecting games when I was searching for an old Sega Master System and carts. I had originally shunned the system when I was a kid (big NES fan) and now I wanted to play the games my neighbor (big SMS fan) had enjoyed back when we were young. After that I started collecting for all my retro systems (I never traded or sold any of my old stuff!).

My favorite genre is 2D fighters. My all time favorite fighting game is CAPCOM VS SNK 2. I do love RPGs as well but haven't had the time to really sit down with one. My largest collection is probably for my NES, of which I have hundreds (someday I'll count!). I hope to collect the entire US NES library! We shall see.

When I'm not playing video games I am a retail manager at TARGET. I also enjoy weight training and fitness. Avid gym rat here. Who says video gamers can't be well built looking guys? !

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi I'm Drakon. I'm located in Toronto Canada. I've been a hardcore gamer since 1989. I'm 27 years old. I collect my favourite games as a hobby. My collection is more about quality than quantity (although usually I only care about having the carts and systems and not the boxes/manuels)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are
    Hello, I'm Sean.

Where you live
    Florida. It's too damn hot. >_<

How you found the forums
    Google search on RetroDuo reviews

What your favorite games are
    SNES RPGs, Megaman/Rockman, Katamari, Unreal Tournament, and anything really unique, bizarre, or relatively unknown/non-mainstream

What systems you collect for
    Mostly NES, SNES, but I love everything

What you do in "real life"
    In college (pursuing engineering), work part time at a wheel store (different, but interesting)

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I grew up with my NES, which fascinated me to no end. It just kept going from there.

View my collection
    Last edited by NayusDante; 04-13-2008 at 04:25 PM.