Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello.

Name is Joe Accardi. Was shown this site by xenu. I like video games and stuff. Currently playing Pokemon Sapphire religiously. Flame on.
    ^^ cool post
    v v stupid post

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone. I just found this site though I have been collecting for a while. I lost my collection not to long ago to a divorce. She knew I loved all of them and made sure that they disappeared. But I'm starting over. Half the fun is tracking the stuff down again. I'm living in Kansas right now so if anyone is around here feel free to drop me a line.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, I'm Mike from NH and I am and always have been a huge Sega fan (not huge in size but in my love). I got to this site through a kid i work with....I think his name on here is rbudrick. I don't post a lot, but I love video games and if ever there was a board to post on, tr this would be it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Dreamscape, and I enjoy collecting video game stuff. I live in Arkansas.
    Last edited by Dreamscape; 06-09-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is John. I am in the millitary stationed in the California Bay area. I've been collecting for about 15yrs. My wife will be going to Osaka to visit her fam. I wish I could go too. Anyways, happy to be here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Andrew from St. Louis/St. Charles, MO. I don't so much see the point of introducing myself, because an introduction requires an audience, and I highly doubt anybody actually reads this thread with any sort of regularity. That being said, I'm bored at work, so what the hell...

I'm 19 and a student at UM-Rolla majoring in Computer Engineering and Math. I found this site in the middle of a Thermodynamics class (god bless WiFi) while googling info on Punch the Monkey and found a column from this site.

I've been playing video games as long as I can remember, but only collecting for a short while. In fact, I'd say I've officially been collecting for a couple weeks. Basically how I got started was I was at a pawn shop looking for a console that could house a micro-ATX board, and realized how much more I enjoyed "classic" games, so I bought a few NES games and thought I'd give a shot at fixing my NES. I got it working and quickly lurked the FS/FT forum here, and now I own 50 or so NES games. NES is the only stuff I "collect" but I still play most everything.

I'm obviously a big tech geek, so my interests are heavily skewed towards that end of the spectrum. I enjoy building computers from everyday objects. Some of my recent projects include a gas can and a briefcase. I also play alot of soccer and volleyball in an effort to negate my geekiness. My number two hobby, second only to video games, is music. I listen to pretty much everything but with a focus on Punk/Hardcore. The CD I'm listening to right now is Dillinger Escape Plan's "Calculating Infinity."

I don't play favorites with games because it hurts the other game's feelings. But I will say that I REALLY like this weeks NES Club game, River City Ransom.

I think I hit most of the bases, so I'll call it a wrap.

Oh and as a shot in the dark that somebody might actually read this thread, anyone here from the St. Louis area?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I am new to the forums. I have been browsing the site for about a year though. I mostly post on AtariAge with the same name. I've been into video games since the early 80's when I was very young. I look forward to posting here on these forums.
    My favorite system to collect for is the NES then the Atari 2600.
    I have may systems of all kinds and over 1000 different games for different systems. One of my best finds in the wild was a boxed Oddyssy complete with everything included and 6 boxed games complete inside the original shipping box, all for $25.00

I look forward to sharing my knowledge and learning from others.

Rodrigo
    Viva la raza, y los putos que quieran pedo, que se metan el pinche dedo.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone,
    I have been lurking for the past year and finally decided to post. I live in Winnipeg and am a 3rd year University student. I collect games for the NES to the present. My favorite system is the Dreamcast and am working on getting a complete NA collection which I am a little over 1/3 there as of this time. I focus mostly on Sega systems but also love playing games on the current big 3.
    I currently own:
    NES
    SMS
    Genesis
    SNES
    Saturn
    N64
    Dreamcast
    Playstation 2
    Gamecube
    Xbox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Welcome to the forums!

This is a big place and it's sometimes easy to get lost in the crowd, but we really do want to know about you. This thread will serve as a "who's who" reference for the future so make your presence known!

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are: I'm videogameking26 aka john
    - Where you live: I'm from west virginia
    - How you found the forums: from just searching the net
    - What your favorite games are: All three Drivers,SMB 3 & Super Mario Sunshine,Jak & Daxter,Klonoa 2,Silent Hill Series and NFS & Burnout series are some of my favorite games
    - What systems you collect for: NES,Sega Genesis,Turbo Duo,DC,PSX,PS2,GCN and Xbox
    - What you do in "real life": I work in the food business
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: I just started collecting in 2001 and really enjoy to also collect coins,baseball cards and any buffalo ny sports wise.

NOTE: posts here that are NOT introductions will be removed, so if you want to say hello to someone, start a new topic to do so.

Let us begin.

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PSP and 3DS

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default IM IN-TRO-DUCC'N-MY-SELF!!!

Hello!! Uh... My name is Matt and I'm an alcoholic...er....wait!! I'm 19 and I live in a small midwestern town named Coffeen in IL!!! It was by complete accindent when I found this site. So thats EXTREME!!!
    I've been collecting since I was about 5 or 6. I have quite a selection now.
    here goes!
    -4 NES systems(350+ games)
    -2 SNES systems(34 games)
    -Master System and also a Power Base Converter (30 games)
    -2 Atari 2600 (LOTS of games)
    -2 game boys (chubbies) and 2 Gameboy colors (25games)
    -9 sega genesis and an X'eye (60 games)
    -2 sega CDs (30 games)
    -2 32xs (9 games)
    -4 Saturns!!! (150+ games)
    -2 Playstations (100-120 games)
    -Playstaion 2 (26 games)
    -XboX (44 games)
    -Gamecube (12 games)
    -3D0 (15 games)
    -Turbo Graphics 16(3 games)
    -Virtua Boy(4 games)
    -Dreamcast (rules by the way) (50 games)
    -N64 (37 games)

So thats about it!! I love games and I'm looking forward to hearing about other people's collections!!!!!
    XtREMEMEMEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello, everyone.

Hello, how is everyone? My name is Dylan and I am new here. As the gentleman said a few posts before me, I doubt if anyone ever reads these introductions, but just in case anyone ever does, here goes.

I am a third year college student at the University of Kentucky and I work at a local EB. I have a strong interest in horror fiction, regardless of the medium, and create some myself, in the form of short stories and a flick set to be filmed later this year entitled "Death of the Dead" (hence the screenname, obviously).

Gamewise, I'm fairly broad in my tastes. For years I thought I was an RPG junkie, then I realized I am just a good-storyline junkie. I enjoy games from more or less every genre, except sports, as long as the games are good, of course. That said, I have been accused of being an obscurist, but hey-if that is acceptable anywhere it would be here, I would think.

If everything goes according to plan (right now my internet access is not what anyone would call reliable), then expect to see me posting here quite a bit. Hopefully posting this will work this time--this is the second time I've had to write this.
    One, two! One, two! And through! And through!
    The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name's Joe, live in the Toledo, Ohio area. Found this site thru a link on 8 bit theatre quite a few months back from a thread about the game rooms section.

I've been playing games since I was 5, with my first NES system that I got on Christmas, and have amassed quite a collection since then, a lot of it simply from youth.

I'm a big RPG fan, but the older I've gotten (22) the more my tastes have expanded, and anymore I'll try anything, classic or recent, regardless of genre.

I started seriously collecting in 2002, and have since spent an obscene amount of money filling in all the holes in my collection, be it spare systems, new models of systems, or great/rare games I missed out on when I was younger and at the mercy of my parents for getting games. Much like my gaming tastes, my collecting tastes have been evolving as my hobby continues. I'm starting to desire "CIB/MIB" items, and unfortunately for me, the majority of my cartridge collection is without boxes, and usually, manuals. I'm collecting most systems, although I'm lacking in some of the more obscure departments, although I'm working on fixing that!

I've started to get to the point where I want to go to conventions, swap meets, and other such gaming occurances, as I used to do when I collected sports cards. So registering here instead of lurking is a good start for getting more into the internet side of the hobby, not Ebay, but to talk to fellow collectors.

So I look forward to becoming a member of this community, as the forums here are quite active, and very much interesting, at least to a collector like myself.

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there everyone. I just found this site about 2 weeks ago. It's a great place. I have recently started getting really into collecting NES games. I have always been a big NES fan, but just recently I actually started to get into actually doing this as a hobby. Anyway, that is I guess my introduction.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Dan, and I live in Saskatchewan. Over the last two years I have started a collection of Intellivision consoles and games. I loved my Intellivision as a kid, but in Saskatchewan in the late 80's when the only place close to me that fixed them went out of business, it found a box in the attic. To my chagrin, I found out a few years later my parents had actually thrown out the whole lot, as they thought it was forever dead. I on the other hand, knew a day would come when I could and would revive it. Obviously, that day would never come.

Inspired by a family member buying NES cartridges on ebay a few years ago, I got the great idea to relive my childhood by looking up the intellivision. When I found pages of hits I thought I had gone to heaven. Today I have a collection of 62 unique games plus numerous duplicates. Two Inty 2609's (1 working), 2 Inty 2's(both work), and one Sears Super Video Arcade(not working) . Over the last couple of months I have been reading, hunting, and practicing electrical testing and repair operations, and am coming closer and closer to being able to actually fix the defunct systems myself and a few friends have. This site and forum have already been a good help.

Anyway, this intro has already reached a length worth publishing so I'll end with saying Hello to all classic gamers!

Also, thanks to omnedon for his emails of advice, and for directing me to this site.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello All!

My name is Steve and I am from California . I've been at this for along time. I started collecting since the early 80's. At the time Ive already had my Atari's INTVs and my Coleco.Then in High School ,mid 80s, started to collect because I loved it. There wasn't really any value. The Crash happened and everything was cheap and plentyful. Im one of those proud owners Of Joe's first edition of the collector's guide. Was a sub to DP at one time. Still have um and my old EG's. I left around 1999 and sold most of my collection. Including games and systems that are now rare, like Intellivision's First Drop in Computer Module and one of the First test INTVs sold in Fresno, CA.I live in the area and the Actual Dept store that sold the early test INTVs still had one Brand NEW and had an INTV kiosk.In ten years Why it wasnt thrown out or sold. I don't know. The manager didn't even know. They even still had Mattel handhelds. I had a friend that started work there and let me know what they had. Boy I jumped on it. I had AdventureVision w/box and all the carts bought at a yard sale in 1988 for $10.00 People were happy to get rid of this stuff. there was no value at the time. At A Toys r'us they had loads of Vectrex carts in the back including the 3D glasses. I got them for nothing. they couldn't find a price so I made an offer. I look back at that time with fondness and realized how lucky I was. It was treasure hunting for me. but like everyone else, things and priorities changed. It was hard but I had to do it.

Im back in it now but can't believe how much the games have increased in value or price. You go to Thrift store 10 years ago and old Atari games were 50 cents to 2 bucks at the most and plentyful. Now I got some yahoo telling me that is" rare" and wants me to pay 40 to 50 bucks for it. I just saw a ebay auction for a Atari" heavy sixer" $300.00? Just like buying them new in 77' Hell I had three of them and paid no more then 10 bucks apiece for them.

I made up my mind to collect newer systems. Ive Got My PSX and PS 2. Gamecube, Saturn and Dreamcast. Last but not least My Xbox. I'm just going to enjoy playing games. No spending a fortune on " rare" one of a kind limited editions. Nope ...just collectiing games to play.

Hope I can be of help and share my views and insights.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Super_Ghouls 'N'_Ghosts, a classic gamer who's name is Tim, I'm 23 years old, born Oct. 10th, 1980. Who's favorite Capcom series of all time is Ghosts N' Goblins (even the PS2 Maximo)

I live in Waco Texas

I found the forums from a recommendation of a friend of mine

My favorite games are Action, Adventure, Fighters, Survival Horror, and FPS

I collect for NES, Genesis, and Xbox

I work for myself, I buy, sell, and trade games

I began collecting about the time the SNES hit, I started keeping things mint in the box and been that way since

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,

I'm Luke, I live in Sydney which is the capital of NSW the lastest (by population) state in Australia. It seems there are a couple of aussies here which is good. I am 25 and work as an economist

I have been a "guest" on the boards for a few months and enjoy reading people's posts. I found this site via the "Room of Doom" section which I think is very impressive to see.

I mostly collect NTSC version systems (Australia is PAL) and focus on the following:

SNES
    PSone
    Saturn
    DC
    PS2
    GC
    GBA

I am finalising a deal for a Genesis 2 and a few games so that will be another console to collect for. I am also planning to get an XBOX and the X-Select D4 so I can connect the XBOX to a 21" VGA monitor to view games in progressive scan mode( I already have the HD A/V pack and Panzer Dragoon Orta).

I like 2d side scollers and shooters primarily but like modern games such as the Ratch and Clank series and Maximo series etc.

I have most of the above systems connected via RGB SCART for optimal viewing pleasure

Cheers
    Luke

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Jimmy and I live in Clarksville Tennessee. I don't exactly remember how long ago I found this site and knew about these forums but I know its been a few years, I just never got around to joining. My favorite games are probably action rpgs, rpgs and action sports. My favorite game series are Castlevania and Metroid. I collect NES, SNES, N64, Game Cube, Gameboy, Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, and Xbox. In "real life" I currently update and maintain a real estate magazine and property management site.

I've been collecting games since about 1987 when my mom got a NES for my brother and I. Before that we had an Intellivision, an Atari 2600, and an Atari 5200, but I didn't start to collect games till the NES. Currently I'm in an Xbox binge and buying every game that interests me on that console. The games are very appealing to me ever since I installed a mod chip and replaced its hard drive with a 180GB one last November. I like the idea of having all my games accessable in one place without having to take the games out of the case and potentially damaging them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, Im Adam, im 18 from Leeds, in England (UK)
    ive been collecting Games for a long time now, as my parents never bought me consoles as a child. I had a Commodore Amiga as the software was much cheaper and we didnt really have much money back then.
    So later on in life i started collecting the "lost parts of my childhood" the sega's, Nintendo's and anythink my friends used to have when we were young!
    I mainly collect:

NES
    SNES
    Gameboy
    Master System
    Genesis/Megadrive
    Game Gear

but also collect the odd thing here and there...
    my best find so far i would say is my Crystal Screen Super Mario Game and watch, and my favourite game i own is the Japanese Version of Sonic 1 for the Game Gear

Adam

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Chris, currently living in Cornwall (the dangly bit hanging off the south west of the UK). I was pointed here by vroomfunkel, and after spending an age last night laughing at the posts in the eBay forum, I thought I should register and contribute a little.

I've been collecting for a couple of years, starting like most people with the things I wanted as a kid and going from there. My collection is small but perfectly formed:

- Game Gear
    - MD1, MCD1 and 32X (my main focus is the MCD)
    - Dreamcast
    - Snes
    - 5 N64 variations

I'm currently trying to put a PAL release library together at http://freespace.virgin.net/chris.burgin/ despite knowing no HTML and having no design skills - pop along if you're really bored!