Page 69 of 164 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah Hello. Pleased to meat you all, I wish to enjoy my stay and have fun like most everyone. As the name implies there is maybe a fixation or facination with nintendo games but thats hardly unusual. This digital press bussiness rocks as far as I can tell which makes me glad to be here. See you soon 2

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all, NiktheGreek here. 19 year old student from the UK, also sighted at various unconnected forums such as Sonic Cult and World of Stuart.

Found the site a while back but I found myself put off for a long time by that slightly intimidating "large forum" feel. Over half of my collection is made up of games for Sega consoles, though there's also a fair chunk of Playstation stuff there and lately, there's even some Nintendo creeping in.

I never actually set out to collect games, it just happened along the way. I started playing games from a very young age (about 3 years old) on my dad's Atari 2600, which I was given when he moved out a few years later. Shortly after I got a Master System II for my birthday (largely owing to my Sonic obsession and the cheap price), and it all started there. A fair amount of my collection has actually been handed down to me for free, by friends or relatives. I only realised that I had so many games three years ago, when I started to build my collection list from an online database and found out I had over 300 games. This has since grown to the present figure of just over 500.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tell us any or all of the following:
    names D.J. Gullette
    from Columbus, ohio...
    found the forum indirectly from a myspace account.
    I started out playing fighting games heavily when i was younger...SF's,MK's, Killer Instint. Fell in love with Golden Eye. Legend Of Zelda... Big Halo fan. Roomate introduced me to world of RPG... almost too scared to emerse myself in that type of gaming... (ill forget to eat!)
    I currently own an NES, (three types of Nintendo brand controllers) Zapper, Snes, super scope, mario paint, N64, GameCube, ps1,ps2, Xbox, Genisis. and many games. more in collection... ask if you really must know.
    I just work to support the habit.

currently working on developing a v.g. based website:
    http://lowscore.net

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey my name is Chris. I live in Pennsylvania. Ive been collecting games since the middle of 2003 im currently trying to get all the US released Genesis games im about half way there. So yep that is me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hey

My name's Jess. I'm a 24/f. I'm short, have blue hair/blue eyes.

I live in an apartment in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts (boring little town sandwiched between Lowell and Nashua(NH) -- just 40 min. north of Boston.

My favorite games of all time are Final Fantasy X, the Legend of Zelda series, Mario Bros. series, Ducks Ahoy!, Kingdom Hearts, Bubble Bobble, and lots of others, but the list'd get too long.

The systems I own right now are NES, Genesis, and PS2 (but I own games for other consoles, as well). I don't know if I'd call myself a collector, but perhaps when it comes to gaming, I'm more of a pack rat. I've just never had the heart to throw any of it away. So, I've still got all of my original systems, as well as their original games. I do try to keep everything in perfect working condition, and I've never needed to exchange nor buy any new parts. I treat my older systems like elderly people who need lots of delicate TLC.

When I'm not gaming, I'm watching anime, taking photos of everything I see, reading manga, penpalling with friends all over the world, having drinks with 'local' friends, DIY...'ing', and taking road trips to places I've never been to.

I'm glad I found a place which honors classic gaming just as I do. Thanks for reading!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well to start off my name is Jack, I live in knoxville Tennessee but have moved all over the south (6 times ) Lets get one thing straight... their is nothing wrong with being a southener, but I am no southener.

I found the forums by accident really. I have always loved video games (since '92) and one day a few years back I went to a website that listed the rarity and estimated price of games. Over that time I got more and more interested in games, specificly older ones (SNES mainly, lol you guys probably consider those new.)

Games:
    1) Super Mario RPG - First game I actually wanted
    2) Earthbound
    3) OoT
    4) Shenmue 2
    5) The Longest Journey
    The list is probably not accurate in the least, other than number 1.

More personally I attend ETSU East Tennessee State University. CS with a consintration in IT. Network management of securities I'm aiming for... something along those lines.

P.S I can't wait to really join this community, my initial interaction with everyone has been amazing!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Murdock (that is actually my name) from Denver, Colorado. I'm 34 years old and a Taurus. I've been playing videogames all my life, and my fist computer was a VIC 20.

I stumbled on this site by accident.

I currently work for a major communications company who recently went through a merger. My hobbies include lots of videogames, Japanese Animation, doing video production and working on my videogame website http://www.paradoxshift.net.

As far as videogames I have 23 game systems and 663 games (give or take a few).

Pleasure to meet all of you!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Chris, from Middletown, NJ. I found out about this site after learning about the store from one of my friends. Great store. Caught up on my SegaCD and SNES stuff and beat some guys on a Neo Geo machine. Haven't done that in about ten years.

My favorite games are almost always going to be 2D fighters and platformers. I love a good RPG as well though.

Older systems I'm actively buying games for include the NES, TG-16, and SNES. I always wanted to get into Intellivision and Commodore 64 stuff again but never quite found the ideal combination of game selection/system/etc. that I wanted. That's going to change now that I know about this awesome store though.

In real life, I'm an ASM at Gamestop, where the fun never stops.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Skyone;

I love retro games and some modern games.

I hate Xbox, but like Microsoft more than Apple (and that says something!)

I own tons of games, but am not a collector.

I came upon this site from benheck.com .

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I'm Mike D, I'm a newbie.
    I live in Massachusetts and recently I've blossomed into a more serious NES collector/player than I've been in the past. I've bought up a couple lots from people who were looking to get rid of their NES games, and as it stands I own about 108 of those light-gray beauties. Other systems I own:

-Atari
    -Sega Game Gear
    -Sega Genesis
    -Super Nintendo
    -Virtual Boy
    -Nintendo 64
    -PlayStation One
    -PlayStation 2
    -Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP

I won't get into it too deeply, but the fire that has fueled my NES obsession is based on a traumatic experience as a child. To make a long story short, when I got Super Nintendo, I diplomatically allowed my cousins to borrow my NES and the games. The system was not at their house, however--it was kept at a neutral location (my grandmother's house) for all of us to share in the fun. Then, inexplicably, they took the system home, proceeded to quickly break and destroy it out of sheer negligence and stupidity, and to top it all off--they threw away all of the games. My young spirit had been broken.

Oh, and I found the Retrogaming Roundtable because I'm destined to discover more about my prized NES cartridge, Satan Den. It was mentioned in this blue balls-oriented thread--one of two mentions of Satan Den that I've ever seen, throughout the entire internet, in my whole life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im Josh, been playing games since Commodore 64. Then in 93 at age 8 i got into SNES. The best console ive ever owned out of 11 i have, and still to this day has the greatest games imo. My second gaming love is the NES, which i have 120+ games for, and still grows to this day, thanks to places like Microplay and thrift stores in my state(Ga.). Other consoles of collecting:

-SNES
    -NES
    -Dreamcast
    -N64
    -PSX
    -PS2
    -Virtual Boy
    -Game Boy
    -Game Boy Color
    -Saturn
    -Genesis

You may have seen me on the DCEmulation forums as Striderxg2. Im also here for buying and selling. My gaming interest has gone up and down, but these days its gone back up by playing Dreamcast and SNES.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all

My name is Aaron Petrosky, I'm 24 and from Pennsylvania.

I been playing games since I was 4 years old, the first system being Intellivsion.

I mainly collect for the Master System. (For some reason I find it funnest to collect for)

I do try to collect for other systems but sometimes for financial reasons I sell some of my games so my collection changes lots of times.

I watch Hockey, and my favorite shows are the X-files and Boy Meets World.

I plan on finishing school soon to become a travel and tourism major. I currently work right now as a CSR agent for a company called Teletech.

I found this site through another site and always read the boards but never posted. I'm glad I'm part of them now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there!

My name is Matt, I come from the UK and Im joining the forums because Ive finally admitted to myself Im addicted to collecting games, and this is the best forum out there.

I collect anything really, system wise I have ATM:
    XBOX
    Ps2
    Gamecube
    PS1
    Saturn
    N64
    SNES
    Mega Drive (genesis)
    Game Gear
    NGPC

And with a varied amount of games for each (200+ in total). My largest is undoubtedly my xbox collection, but it isnt huge (about 60). I dont have any specific collecting goals, Im just on here to learn and hopefully share some knowledge, especially as I have noticed there only seems to be a very small section of people from the UK on here. But if any of them are out there, let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Who you are: Jon
    Where you live: Vancouver Canada
    How you found the forums: Through another website while looking to increase my NES games
    What your favorite games are: Of all time goes back to the Intellivision Shark! Shark! I loved playing this as a kid and I would play it literally for hours. I still think its a great concept for a game.
    What systems you collect for: Just the NES, its my favorite system of all time. I love how original the games were but I also grew up with it so that makes me a bit bias.
    What you do in "real life": Spend time with my wife and make money to buy more NES games
    There was no real moment that I decided to start collecting games it was more just I wanted some NES that I remember playing or wanting when I was young so now is as good a time as any to go after them. I'm not out for a complete collection I just want the games that meant something to me growing up or that I find fun, which makes my wallet and wife very happy.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mr. Wardner's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dynamo JAMMA
    PSN
    Johnnycab

Hi all,

Wow, what a wealth of information. Just the kind of site I was looking for...I can't believe I never knew about it until now! I'll definitely be spending my time enjoying everything here.

Who you are: Jason (aka Johnnycab, aka Mr. Wardner, aka JAMMAPARTS)

Where you live: NC, USA

How you found the forums: A tip from a friend.

What your favorite games are: Too numerous to list here, but 25% are "newer" games and 75% of my favorites are "classic" games. One of my favorite games is a JAMMA arcade board (hint: look at my signature).

What systems you collect for: At the moment, serious about collecting Sega-CD (top priority), 3DO and CD-I

What you do in "real life": Work for game money! What else?

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc: Been playing and collecting as far back as I can remember, and am also experienced in the arcade industry (building cabinets, PCB collecting, etc.)

Thanks and I look forward to being a part of the Digital Press community!

WELCO
    ME
    TOT
    HE
    NEX
    T
    LEVEL

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Opi~TeKK here from Michigan.

Been looking at this site for a few years been a member of NESWorld forums forever but got sick of NES and decided to make this my other Home!

I collect N64 games (82 games so far minus variants)
    and Gamecube games.

Its nice to be here and i already had my 1st buy/trade on my 1st day.

Nice people here so far!

1985 and still alive

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, I'm from California and I collect video games ranging from Atari 2600 days to current systems. Here are the consoles that I own:

Atari 2600 (4 switch, 6 switch and Jr)
    Atari 5200
    Atari 7800
    Atari Ultra Pong
    Atari Jaguar
    Atari Lynx Model I
    Panasonic 3DO
    NEC PC FX
    NEC Supergrafx
    NEC PC Engine Core Grafx
    NEC PC Engine (white) + Original PC Engine CD Rom 2 drive
    Sega Game Gear
    Sega Master System
    Sega Nomad
    Sega Megadrive Model II
    Sega Genesis Model I, II and III
    Sega CD
    Sega Dreamcast
    Super Famicom
    Super Nintendo Model I,II
    NES (original and top loader)
    Virtua Boy
    Neo Geo Pocket Color
    Neo CD
    Gameboy
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy SP
    Game Dot Com
    Nintendo DS
    Nintendo 64
    Nintendo Gamecube
    Sony Playstation
    Sony Playstation 2
    Sony PSP
    Commodore C16
    Commodore C64
    Commodore C128
    Commodore Amiga
    Nintendo Clone Neo Fami

I am glad this site is around for us gamers. I hope to chat with other gamers around the globe and please feel free to PM me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Sam G.
    - Where you live
    Union City CA
    - How you found the forums
    atariage web forum
    - What your favorite games are
    The classic compilations for the Xbox, Baseball, Football.
    - What systems you collect for
    Xbox, Dreamcast, NeoGeo Pocket
    - What you do in "real life"
    Accounting

You sound like a great bunch of people can't wait to talk to you all!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, My name is Steve.I am new here.I stumbled upon this site looking for price guides to games.I collect all sorts of video games for many systems such as Atari 2600 and 7800,NES,SNES,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,N-64,Gamecube,Nintendo DS,Nintendo GBA,Playstation,PS2,andX-BOX.Please bear with me if this looks sad.I do not have alot of skills at the pc( )I like to sell my extra games at fleamarkets or on ebay.Soon I will get a list of things I need and stuff to sell or trade.I am from Ohio and have been gameing since 1977 with Atari.My prized game is Swordquest Waterworld with the manual.I have close to 2000 games total for all systems.Hopefully I will get better at this and make lots of friends.Maybe even help fill peoples collections. Thanks, Steve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey. I've been reading this great site/forum for a while, figured I might as well join so I can post.

- Who you are
    J aka ryborg
    - Where you live
    NY
    - How you found the forums
    AG & other vg forums
    - What your favorite games are
    Capcom's Soccer Shootout, Madden 2002 for N64, Zelda II
    - What systems you collect for
    Intellivision, NES, SMS, Genesis, SNES, N64, DC, Gamecube
    - What you do in "real life"
    I've been a full-time ebay seller since '98, so if anyone has any ebay Qs, feel free to PM me.
    ________
    MeToU
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 04:27 PM.