Page 71 of 164 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm trent and I'm 16 and starting to collect arcade games. I just got a double dragon last year and if all goes well I'll be adding 15 more games to my collection at the end of the month.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone! My name is Greg and I'm 29 years old from MA. I found this site many months ago basically while searching for collector's list(s). I've managed to put together a pretty large NES collection (400+) over the last 2 years and this site was a big help. Lots of good info here... Keep up the good work!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default It'sa me

Hello everyone,
    My name is Steven and i live in Australia! (South Australia to be precise) I am 19 years old and was told about this site by one of your members, phreak97.
    As for a job, I'am an apprentice electronics engineer at the Adelaide airport, I will also be trained to be an electrician!
    I collect anything and everything SEGA and Nintendo. I have just started to collect tabletop systems and game & watches. I collect SEGA and Nintendo because that is what i was raised up playing and they simply have the best games of all time (except psx which has FF7).
    My collection of NES games is my pride and joy, i think i have about 120 games now. I also have every common SEGA and Nintendo system, plus a psone that is soley to play my FF7 game.
    Please note that i am ANTI X-BOX. My reason is that they are killing the console buisness and they ruined one of the best developers of all time, RARE.
    I look foward to having my say in the forums and hearing what you guys have to say.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,
    I'm a collector of primarily NES stuff. I have many fond memories of it and my Colecovision. I have more recently began collecting some of the newer Sega systems (Saturn and DC), but only when I can afford it. In real life, I'm a Software Engineer. I enjoy keeping up on the news and rare finds of the classic gaming community.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all A new Newv to the forums been visiting this site for years but for some odd reason never signed up.
    Hmmm Not much to say about myself HArdcore gamer but I'm sure not as hardcore as some other kind folks here. I Reside in Sacramento CA, and i'm an electrican(sp?lol). I guss if anyone read this and is local hit me up I'm always interested in meeting other collecters since it seems like there none in sac or they keep to themselfs. If I cn=an think of anything else interesting about me i will post agan good day all!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Noooob?

hello all,
    i guess sinc ei have been posting issues in these forums for some time now i should let the community know who i am and what im all about.

my name is ace and i live in the sunny state of michigan(when its not snowing like today)
    i am 25 and im engaged to a beautiful woman named ellen.
    i will be married in december and i have two dogs.

i collect just about everything under the sun. but my specialty is Ps2 and Nes 8 bit.

im always looking for something i dont have and never get the last of my nes collection done because im spending money on something else.
    like sega?

i dont like sega and i dont collect sega until one day i get a boxed brand new sega 32x for 5 bucks. the guy was crazy. then i get a cdi boxed complete, a master system boxed complete, a sega cd like new boxed complete, and a sega nomad boxed complete.

i dont collect sega but have come across all of this near where i live which tells me that i must be the only true collector out there within 350 miles of my home. 350 becuase i live in the middle of michigan and thats how far it would be from the border to the border of canada(roughly)

im always trying to finish my box and instruction books collection for the nes 8 bit games and i am about 70 % done so if you have any and want to trade please let me know.

Im always interested to hear if you know something about sony and their massive empire that ive yet to hear or if you think you have a label variation for a ps2 game, feel free to pm me and ask if i know about it.

thanks,
    and to all the collectors out there,
    i hope to hear from you

ace
    "The kid who dies with the most toys wins!"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Hello, I'm The Shawn. I live in Maine. I've been collecting die hard for about 5 years. But I was always into video games. Have always owned a system of some sort. Right now I'm up to about 31 Systems. When we went to buy a house we had to get a 3 Bedroom just for my video games.
    I have also been a subscriber to Tip's N' Tricks for 5 years. And didn't know that it was affiliated with this website. Even though the first page I go to is the room of doom. I do Chef work and Bake for a living. Thanks

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I'm Justin and I am a collector.

(hi, Justin)

I have been gaming for years, but I have been collecting for about 4 years. I don't heav the largest of collections, and i'm not really trying to get rare and hard to find things. The point of my 'museum' (as my friends call it) is to collect games people remember for nostalgia.

I have 29 different consoles and handhelds and juuuust shy of 500 games. Small indeed, but it's a fun collection that's steadilly growing.

Currently, however, I am working on getting Japanese and odd-ball stuff for the various systems. I came across NES Reproductions and am hoping to get some homebrew and promotional carts into the museum. If you have any suggestions of interesting classic games and homebrews feel free to let me know.

I hope I become a member that is well viewed by others. Thanks.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I am Adam, I live in Utah and I've heard about this place for a while from various classic gaming forums and I finally got around to signing up here. I collect primarily for Atari systems (2600-Jaguar) and I also do the same for arcades. I do enjoy playing games on other systems, classic or modern but Atari is my fave. I was into NUON back in it's brief day in the sun and I still enjoy getting the homebrew games for it.

For a living I train people on how to troubleshoot and fix computers. It's OK but I would much rather be running an arcade right now. In fact that is one thing I am trying to get started. But like anything else worthwhile, it takes money...quite a lot of it too. But I will get there one day.

For other hobbies I like to write, watch MST3k and post on video game related message boards.

Favorite TV show: Mystery Science Theater 3000
    Favorite movie: TRON

I guess that's it!
    "I'm going to download PONG it should only take seven hours." -Crow T. Robot

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, this is Tanda. I've playing video games ever since the early 2600 days. I've just discovered this community, and I think it's great to have so many retro gamers and collectors here.

I've been lucky that my parents and myself have kept all my systems through the years, and I have a nice collection going. My main interests are in the Neo Geo and Arcade cabs. I have a Neo 1 slot cab right here in my office (thank you wife) and I really dig the great mvs, jamma, and cps games of the past.

I really haven't fully made the transition to 3D gaming yet, though I did like the Dreamcast a lot, and look forward to the Nintendo Revolution (or whatever they end up calling it) Cheeers!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, I'm Flavio I live in Italy (Rome), but I have a sister in he US I have been playing video games since my parents gave me an Atari 2600 for Christmas back when I was 9 years old. Since then, I started collecting this kind of stuff and now I have many different systems (I should really make an inventory!). My favourite games are RPGs, like the Lunar series!! I just loooove them!! I mostly collect this kind of stuff for nostalgia of the good memories tied to it I bumped into this forum just surfing the internet and couldn't resist joining it :P I'm sure I'll have lots of fun Nice to meet you all!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi.
    I´m B - Mark and i´m Brazilian.
    My favorite systems are: Master System, Mega Drive / Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, NES, Super NES, Game Boy Adfvance, Game Cube, Playstation 2, Neo Geo and Arcade Systems.

I´m a video game collector since 2006 after i viewed other collector´s.

My systems are:
    - Master System
    - Genesis ( American Mega Drive )
    - Nintendo Game & Watch: Oil Panic.

I have carts for Atari 2600, Master System and Mega Drive.

I wish my own Room of Doom, but I have a problem:
    When i clicked in the icon Room of Doom appears a message:
    "Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable
    Daily Bandwidth Exceeded"

B - Mark

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone my name John Gaither and am 35 years old and married for less than a year.Am from Saginaw,Michigan and work for a local printing company.Am into the Atari 2600 and the Colecovision but i will play most of the new games as well.I learned about Digital Press from my good friend Chris also from Michigan and the one who is helping me build my Atari collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone!
    My name is JT and I'm 25 years old.

I'm just got in to collecting NES titles a few months ago and I'm addicted! I love going to different game shops digging around to find some kick ass games.

I'll probably start collecting SNES or Genesis titles next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B - Mark
    I wish my own Room of Doom, but I have a problem:
    When i clicked in the icon Room of Doom appears a message:
    "Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable
    Daily Bandwidth Exceeded"
    The Room of Doom's are currently down due to one of the RoD links circling about on the 'net, which eats up the bandwidth. I believe the current status update is that everyone is waiting for the link to work it's way out and then the RoD feature should come back online.

And to all on this page - welcome!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

whats up everyone. my names joe and im from long beach ny
    and i am 25

ive been collecting for about 5 years. i really dont have to much yet, but recently i ve been spending like a maniac on systems and games to go with it . in my real life i am an hvac mechanic.

looking foward to sharing my collection with the crew

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Intro

Hello.
    Sometimes these forum intros seem a little pointless to me but here's mine:

I started playing videogames at about age 6 when my incredible parents bought us an Atari 2600. I fondly remember rushing home from school to play Space Invaders. I've been pretty much hooked ever since. I really miss all of the great arcade games I got to play as a kid in the 80's.

As a collector I'm focused mainly on the 2600 and the NES but I play games on many systems including some of the current consoles.

I have too many non-video game interests to list here but I work as an artist and high school art teacher in Cincinnati, OH, I should have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do in a few short months, and I scream a lot in a hardcore band called File and Claw.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum."

My band, File and Claw: http://www.geocities.com/file_and_claw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Re: Intro

Quote Originally Posted by xredmenacex
    Hello.
    Sometimes these forum intros seem a little pointless to me but here's mine:
    Naaa, people here actually read them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll introduce myself the official way, then - as the few threads I started were linked to this one. Hi, my biggest passion is the Philips CD-i and I'm starting to discover more retro consoles these days. OK, I owned a NES and the SNES, but I never got a Sony console, stupid me (?). However, I really enjoy the CD-i and well, yeah, recommend you to look out for it!

Oh, and I don't understand why my signature pic isn't displayed. Or any signature, what I'm doing wrong?

David
    http://cd-i.eigenstart.nl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Quote Originally Posted by Playcosm

Oh, and I don't understand why my signature pic isn't displayed. Or any signature, what I'm doing wrong?

David
    http://cd-i.eigenstart.nl
    Whenever you post you earn "meseta" to buy items from the shops. You can buy the "rights" to have a sig here:

LINK!

Anyways, you can use your meseta to have a sig!

Welcome to the groups! Stick around and have fun.