Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Andrew
    I live in GA
    I found the forums sorta randomly....I was looking for "best games ever" and this came up. I've been more impressed with this video game forum than the others (WOW! People can type and form complete sentences with actual thoughts! Amazing!)
    Favorite games:
    Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
    Chrono Trigger (SNES)
    Final Fantasy II/IV (SNES)
    Secret Of Mana (SNES)
    Super Mario World (SNES)
    Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)
    Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
    Yoshi's Island (SNES)
    Sonic & Knuckles (Genesis)
    Guardian Heroes (Genesis)
    Dynamite Headdy (Genesis)
    Ristar (Genesis)
    Final Fantasy VIII (PlayStation)
    Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation)
    Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast)
    UFC (Dreamcast)
    Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)
    WWF No Mercy (Nintendo 64)
    Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (Nintendo 64)
    Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64)
    Legend of Zelda 64 (Nintendo 64)
    Soul Calibur II (PlayStation 2)
    Grand Theft Auto III (PlayStation 2)
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Game Boy Advance)

WAIT! There's more!

Forgot my favorite PC/Commodore 64/Amiga games as well:
    King's Quest (PC)
    Leisure Suit Larry (PC)
    Wasteland (Commodore 64)
    Curse of the Azure Bonds (PC)
    Test Drive (Commodore 64)
    CounterStrike (PC)
    Diablo II (PC)
    Alien Breed (Amiga)

I collect mainly for all of them....I've been on a PS2 buying kick lately though. I'm considering getting a Gamecube for the sole purpose of Zelda: Wind Walker and Animal Crossing. And Luigi's Mansion. And....

I work as a greeter for a restaurant and a phone operator. Neither job makes that much, but that may change soon. I'm somewhat nerdy looking, but I don't care. I got a boatload of confidence and think I'm hot shit.

I began collecting games not until I got out of college and had jobs. Most of the games I have now are games friends of mine in college played....only 3+ years later. I just recently found and bought Escape From Monkey Island for PS2 for 9.99 (!!!).
    Last edited by GuyinGA; 02-01-2007 at 06:34 AM.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Don't think I ever did this...

- Who you are
    Joe

- Where you live
    NYC, born and raised

- How you found the forums
    Through word-of-mouth of my esteemed colleagues over at neo-geo.com

- What your favorite games are
    Now that's a toughie, all depends on which system we're talking about, but just to do a sampling in no particular order:
    Rez, Shock Troopers, Super Mario 1-3, Bust a Move, BurgerTime, Bionic Commando (NES), almost any Castlevania, Dragon Warrior IV, Zelda 2, Streets of Rage 2, Rygar (NES), Samurai Shodown IV, Metal Slug 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, Intelligent Qube, the Tekken series, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil 0-4, Killzone (obviously), Last Blade (again, obviously), Katamari Damacy, Halo 2 (I'm sure I left some out, but meh)

- What systems you collect for
    Too many if you ask me, I currently have:
    Atari, ColecoVision, Gameboy/Color/Advance, NES, Genesis, Lynx, NGPC, Neo Geo CD, Neo Geo MVS, PSX, PS2, PSP, Gamecube, Xbox

- What you do in "real life"
    I'm a tech security & risk analyst in the 9-5 world. On the side I fix computers and convert/edit videos and pictures.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I've been playing for as long as I could hold a controller (20+ years now) and I've been seriously collecting for the last 7 or so. I read a LOT about history and video game theory, especially back from the late 70's and 80's. Some of my most favorite topics to read about are classic computers, hardware hacks and things of that nature. I think we'd better know where we came from if we ever plan to forge ahead, especially in this industry. If it were up to me I'd still be working on my old C64 (RIP), but we must maintain Moore's Law it seems.

Pleasure to be here ladies and gents. See you around!

Insert Coin (Level 0) omega_squid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    osquid

Cool Who am I?

- I am Shelby, Male, 15
    - Kentucky
    - Through eBay
    - Kirby Series, Mario, Metroid, Centipede, Stampede, Chibi-Robo, just about anything Unique/Classic is a favorite for me!
    - Any I can get my hands on
    - Student, I also run a business myself providing alot of different services
    - I have gotten into DIY Console Repair Lately, and it has been alot of fun buying unwanted, broken consoles and making them work like new again! I also have a small business, Omega Squid Studios, which can be seen in more detail on my website, www.omega-squid.tk, or http://omega_squid.sitesled.com.

I joined about a month ago, but have just now validated my account!

Insert Coin (Level 0) 8bitnintendogames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How is it going?

First off, I have to say I love the Digital Press collection guide books!

My name is Kris, and I am a major nerd when it comes to classic gaming. I was probably about 4 or 5 when I was first introduced to the Nintendo Entertainment System, and gaming has been a part of my life ever since.

Now that I am in my 20's now, I am more of a collector of the classics. I have dedicated myself to my website for the original Nintendo, www.8bitnintendogames.com/forum. I have also gotten into collecting Sega, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Super Nintendo, Virtual Boy, and a little bit of the Nintendo 64. Flea markets are my favorite place to go because I have always come home with something rare and video game related, i.e. Chrono Trigger complete for a mere dollar!

I also like to snowboard, work on classic cars (mustangs particular) and go to school (never thought I would admit to that one).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Well, I'm Chris, and I've been reading these forums pretty regularly for over a year now, it seems. But I've just ordered my own Intellivision so I can start collecting for the system with which I grew up ("up with which I grew"?). Currently, I have an Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS, but I wouldn't call myself much of a gamer. I probably only spend about 2 hours a week playing games. But, I'm a collector at heart, so the Inty should be fun.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi all

Hi, i think 8 bit gaming is best !

i have a site for this : http://speccy.altervista.org/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Joris (George in English)

- Where you live
    In Ghent, Belgium.

I was looking for an online rarity guide for retrogaming.

Super Mario Bros 3 (NES), Shinobi (SMS), Streets of Rage II (Gen), Alisia Dragoon (Gen), Link to the Past (SNES), Lufia (SNES), Final Fantasy VII (PSX), Crash Team Racing (PSX), Gran Turismo 2 (PSX), Tomb Raider I & II (PSX), Perfect Dark (N64), Tetrisphere (N64), Devil May Cry 3 (PS2), Dark Chronicle (PS2), Fahrenheit (Xbox), ...

I collect for Playstation and Mega Drive, but if I see a game with a low price, I'll probably buy it.

I'm a second-year student in Applied Economics at university.

I started playing games at the age of 3. However, my parents were totally against gaming, so I got my first console (PSX) at the age of 12. The collecting of games started about 2 years ago.

Strawberry (Level 2) MonoTekETeA's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(I'll stick to the standard format)

Who me? : Jeremy

Location, location, location: S. Dirty Jersey

Which arrow did I follow? : The one from Next Level Games

Olde favs: Havest Moon 64, Off-Road Challenge, River City Ransom, Earth Bound, Final Fantasy Seven and Tactics, NES Zelda I, non oldies> any Light Gun game, Virtual On, and MMOs.

Collections in my pantry? : I only really collect things I enjoy playing, and the games I buy, I have learned the hard way of trading in games.

What to do, once finished the doing: I work at a store long corrupted by old men who work out of high backed leather chairs, while still working with video games, take a minute to think, ok now guess, no don't think too hard, No I do not work for EA or a studio, I use a cash register, it isn't that hard! Come on...anyway. I hope to get a job in the future with anything dealing with sound. I love sound. From noises made from the mouth while 20 cotten balls are shoved into it - to music, I'd love to work with it. So that includes a radio DJ, sound enginniering, sound design, recording sound, voice acting, building sound studios, setting up stages, anything.

Random fact: My first childhood memory is playing Joust on the Atari 2600 with my mother, next to the one of my Dad and a family friend building the stairs in the room of which me and my mom played the Atari 2600.
    Last edited by MonoTekETeA; 02-13-2007 at 11:15 PM.
    Yippy Kie Yo Yai Yay
    I am really bad at spelling...no really.
    v A gift from Drexel923, Thanks homie! v

Insert Coin (Level 0) uLtRasHoT's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, here goes my introduction!

- Who you are
    Simon

- Where you live
    Jackson, Georgia, U.S.A.

I found the forums quite a long time ago after looking up how rare a couple of games I have were. I haven't been a member of the forum 'till now. I guess I can say that mEgAsHoT (who's my brother) also helped me find this site, which is awesome to say the least!

I have so many favorite games it would be hard to list them all, but a couple of games I like are:

Guitar Hero 1 & 2, Gran Turismo series, Need for Speed series, Tekken series, Advance Wars Series, etc.

A bunch:

Atari 2600
    SNES
    N64
    Gameboy
    Gameboy Advance/SP
    Nintendo DS
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Saturn
    Xbox
    Playstation 1
    PS2
    Gamecube
    Dreamcast
    Sega CD

All of these consoles except for the PS1, Atari 2600, and the Sega CD are hooked up to me and my brother's TVs via system selectors. So, that's 5 on my TV and 5 on my brother's TV.

Currently I'm a senior at Stockbridge High School, and I'm graduating in June! Afterwards, I plan to go to college and become a computer or video game programmer so I can create awesome games which could then be featured on this website! XD

I've been collecting and playing games for a long time now, but me and my brother's first system was probably the Sega Genesis (though I don't remember too well), in which we had Sonic the Hedgehog. We then received the N64 with Wave Race 64 and 1080 Snowboarding for our birthday in 1998, and that system as well as the Genesis have been working 'till this very day!

Another note is that on almost all of my systems, I have more than 5 games for each, which means I have a bunch of games =P. I only have one Sega CD game left (the others I threw out), and that's the RPG Vay, which I could say is quite rare.

Oh, and me and my brother Skylar (who goes by mEgAsHoT on the forum) are twins. Yeah, for real obviously XD
    Last edited by uLtRasHoT; 02-13-2007 at 06:28 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Y0u (r/n Elliott, prefer not to post full name)
    I've been gaming since I got a 2600 for Christmas in '91 when I was way back in kindergarden. Before that though, the local library had an Apple II and they would let you play games on it- I remember playing some muppet game and Oregon Trail on it (and believe it or not, I didn't need too much help from my parents!) Been accumulating games (more to play than collect, but I do enjoy collecting for its own sake too) ever since then- I have close to 300 games now. My collection is <http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=Someone150&mode=view&&lid=100018>.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

My name is Roy Vonk and life in the Netherlands.
    I collect many things, from Star Wars items, games to gadgets.

I came here thanks to another forum, to ask you guys about my Gameboy demo pod

Regards, and have fun!

Roy.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not much to say really, I'm not entirely new to forums community setups and I have known about this particular one for a few years, and I know a guy around these parts named MegaDrive20XX (I believe he was called Ghouls 'N Ghosts at one point). Though I do recognize a few others already from other sites. I'm 29 years old, been gaming since 1983 and don't foresee ever quitting my passion for gaming. Out of all the genres the "Beat 'em Up" genre is my all time favorite, hence my avatar and sig pic. My screen name is a salute to The Beat 'em Up genre that has always glorified the beat downs and gang culture of that started in the 1950s, and I earn my bread by bouncing in clubs and as a grill man at a Denny's Diner. I'm here for good conversation and community, no drama.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are
    Patricia.

Where you live
    Manitoba, Canada.

I've known about DigitalPress as a rarity guide website but never knew there was a forum, one night I was checking out the website and saw that there was a forum.

the Zelda series, Mario bros., Paper Mario, Super Mario RPG, Mario bros 3.

GB, SNES, NES, GBA, N64

I am a full time first year student at university.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What up, y'all?

The Three-P is in the hiz-ouse! And if you wonderin', that's short for Pissed PlayStation Pimp.

Anyway, here's a bit about me:

Real name-Jess. (On some other sites, I go by the name, "Crazy the Clown.")
    Age-29. (Old enough to know better, young enough not to give a )
    Home-The U.S.A.
    How I found this site-Searching for classic games, I found a good site for the people who got love for them.
    Favorite game series-Final Fantasy, Mortal Kombat, Castlevania.
    Systems I collect for-Only 3, for now. The PSX, PS2, and PSP.
    What I do in real life-I'm between jobs.
    Last edited by Three-P; 02-15-2007 at 07:17 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-My Name is Anthony
    -Im 18 (but will be 19 in April)
    -I live in Pennsylvania
    -I found the forum on yahoo while searching for info on "Grand Theftendo"
    -I collect for:
    Nes
    Snes
    N64
    Ps2
    XBox 360

Insert Coin (Level 0) 8bitnintendogames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A minor change

I just wanted to post that when I said hi in this post, I gave the wrong name to my Nintendo site, the new name is http://www.8bitnintendogames.com. Hello again and long live the classics!

Insert Coin (Level 0) 54f3gu4rd's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey All, just found this site a week ago or so, been lurking around and i find it awesome here, great site/info/ppl.

Anyways, I'm a (small time) game collector who's in love with games and everything to do with games. I literately live, breath, think, hear, do video games almost 24/hours a day. I've always collected games since i can remember, but only recently began to stat collecting seriously (actually have some $$ now).

In what they call "real life", I'm the department head for QA at a local game publisher. I don't really have any particular favorite game, but i love to play everything that comes out, and i mean everything. What really kindles my excitement is strange/niche games that are innovative and bring something interesting to the industry.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are
    I am known as Dr. Eggfan in the Sonic modding community, and I think my reputation there is well preserved to keep using the name. I think.

Where you live
    Australia

How you found the forums
    Cryomancer suggested that some of you here might be interested in some things I want to sell. I shall respect the ten day waiting period before trying to palm off my stuff though.

What your favorite games are
    I have always stood by my decision that Jeff Minter's Tempest 2000 is the greatest video game ever created. For me, it marked the end point of the classic gaming era, and it ended on an unbeleivable high. I still haven't finished it, everytime I think I've got it sussed out, it throws a new enemy at me - "Oh, now I have to combat death raining from above too, thanks very much Mr. Minter"

What systems you collect for
    Pretty much everything Sega related. I had a brief love affair with Nintendo, but my serious collection is my Sega collection. I started with a Mega Drive, which has been upgraded with all the add-ons, and I have about 150 games, but it is far from complete. I also have a Nomad, a Saturn and a Dreamcast. I recently purchased an Australian SC-3000H computer and have been collecting SG-1000 titles lately, I think I've got close to 70% of all the officially released software for the first generation Hardware.

What you do in "real life"
    I am currently manager for a local Newsagents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Tony. I live in Kenosha, Wisconsin. I don't remeber exactly how I found these forums, but I think it was in a Tips and Tricks from awhile back.

I don't have any specific favorite game, but I think SNES RPGs are some of the best made.

I am currently collecting for NES and SNES. I'll buy anything if the price is right.

I work for the Kenosha Sheriff's Dept as a Direct Suervision Officer at the County Dentention Center.

Like most of you, I have been playing games pretty much my entire life. I have been actively collecting games for a little over a year. My collection is pretty modest compared to some, but it's still a work in progress.

See ya in the forums!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,

I live in LA and have been collecting video games for 10+ years. I'm 16 now. My goal is to get a complete n64 collection, cart only.