Page 84 of 164 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey people im eddie & ive finally registered on here. i dont have too many games after selling them off over the years but im interested in collecting again. im not too anal about collecting completes. im just interested in carts & manuals. no boxes here or completes or sealed boxes, etc.

what i collect:

1. nes
    2. n64
    3. snes
    4. atari 2600

Insert Coin (Level 0) Ace Comics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    CMT Ace

Heyyy all,

Long time lurker, first time poster and all that. This is a great place to kill an afternoon... or afternoons. Wonderful amount of information, and nice people.

I'm not yet all-in as a collector... just dug out the old NES and planning on ordering a new 72-pinner. After that, planning on rooting thru some local used book stores for games (Phoenix, AZ area).

All the neat stuff here really makes me regret how nonchalant I was with loaning out games, and not worrying about getting'em back... that's for sure.

Anyhoo... thanks for havin' me... I look forward to taking part!
    -Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys.

I've been a spuedo-lurker for around a year now, and finally decided to create an account.

My names Matt. I'm a 23-year-old journalist, who is broke as a joke. I love collecting anything out of the 8-bit and 16-bit era. I like the boards sensibility, so hopefully I'll blend in nice and quietly

Insert Coin (Level 0) ashmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey im ash.
    im 17
    still at college in the good old UK.
    i work at burger king :S yay but i write alot of books in my spare time.

I found the forums while looking for N64 stuff. and i gotta admit this place is great.
    ive managed to own pretty much every console in the last 10 years except ps3 but i got an N64 and im hooked. i dont really own that many 40 at present and i cant really afford to get them all complete although i have a few. ive decided to sell my wii as it has collected dust thanks to my N64 and the fact that the games are kinda awful at present.

im planning on collecting Nes next but i want to complete my n64 cart collection first.

AsH

www.asborthwick.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OatB0b

Thumbs up

Hello, I'm Ben

The consoles I have are: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Game Boy / Color / Advance, Genesis, 32X, Dreamcast, Playstation, and Xbox. I'm seriously collecting Dreamcast games right now, and I'm looking to buy anything I currently don't have.

A bunch of people over at RF Generation have mentioned stuff from these forums, so I'm checking it out now. Equally, I highly recommend going there too. It allows you to track your collection online and display it for others to see without exchanging spreadsheet files. If you're curious about an example of this, check out my profile, and collection list.

I look forward to meeting you in the coming months.
    it's thinking

Insert Coin (Level 0) chrissylas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys, my name is Christina and I'm really just starting to seriously collect. I'm 22 years old and a student (at least for a week and a half longer... it's graduation time baby!) in Augusta, GA.

I've been playing games for 17 years although I actually started gaming on our Atari ST (which I miss terribly) and I've just continued from there. I mainly collect NES games and even on my modest budget I've managed to get over 200 games so far. It's not as good as some of you guys' stuff but I'm sort of proud of my little collection.

I look forward to hanging out here and learning from you guys

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BIG JG 1

Jamie here...just put a new thread (football games) anyway im 32 love video games...love football, and life. Retro games are very cool! ANyway glad to be here and hope to get that great collection going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, Cory here, though I mainly go by Dingo on every forum I vist. Found out about these forums by reading through a few posts at the Hardcore Gaming 101 forums. I'm 18 years old, going to college (semester just ended) for journalism, and I plan on writing about games one day. I play everything from NES up to the current generation of systems; the first game I ever beat was Contra on the NES and that also firmly grounded me into the life of a gamer. I don't have a huge collection mainly because I can't afford it, but I enjoy fighting games (I stick with 2-D fighters), shoot'em ups/run and guns, action adventure games like Metroid and Castlevania, and the occasional RPG; throw in a few obscure games that I can't think of off the top of my head and you have me.

Anyway, thus is my introductory post and I look forward to posting here and getting to know everyone .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    the zdan

Hi, my name is Dan...been reading here for a few months now, got turned onto the site by a St. Louis area store owner (Jason of Trade-N-Games, nice guy check out his site at www.tradengames.com)

Anyway, I have just started seriously collecting like 8 months ago. Started out just looking to buy all the old RPG classics I loved as a kid (I'm 26 now), and its morphed into a collection of many random systems (2600, NES, SNES, Genesis, Master System, Sega CD, PS1, PS2...). Aside from collecting all the great RPG's, my current goal is a complete NES collection. Still debating whether I want to make every game complete or not. Current count is around 125 games, all of which have manuals 30 or so are complete as well.

Still figuring out where I can get the best finds out around here, nothing much lately but today I got 4 Jaguar carts for $1 at a garage sale AND A ps2 system for $15 at goodwill, both of which I thought were pretty good deals.

Thanks
    -Dan

Cherry (Level 1) -_-Nintendo-_-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Nathan, an Aussie who likes playing and collecting games
    Like above I come from Australia
    Just checking rarity of of some games and decided to join.
    Fav games? I like most games but probably platformers or adventure games.
    I try to collect for all systems, but some systems are next to impossible to find here.
    I work at Subway and am a year 12 Student.
    Games have always been apart of my life, but now I have money to build on that passion

Insert Coin (Level 0) KillerCheese's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TEH TAG MAN
    PSN
    coming soon

Hey guys ive been a lurker here for a few day and thought what the hell and registered. Im currently 13 years old and hooked on video games and just recently started collecting so my collection is very modest.
    I own:
    ps1 (chipped)
    ps2
    xbox 360
    dream cast
    game cube
    psp
    ds
    gba
    gbc
    sony Ericson gaming phone (w5501)

And also need advise on weather to get an n-gage as ive been considering it.
    so to sum up heres some pics of my tiny collection.

My setup

pc games and one spectrum game.

ps1 and dream cast games

psp and ds games

Game cube games

ps2 games

xbox 1 games

360 games

game boy, game boy color, game boy advanced and vmu.

all of my games together, excluding demos i have 92 games.

Insert Coin (Level 0) cosmicpsycho's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey there, guess i'll go ahead and introduce myself. my name is chris, and i live in fl. i started "collecting" about a year ago with nes, trying to relive my childhood i guess. since then i've added ps1, snes, turbo grafx, and genesis. i'm also looking for other systems "2600, sms, 3do, etc....." i guess i'm hooked. so anyway hello.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi nice to meet you collectors.

ive been a collector for a number of years. i love the nes,snes,megadrive eara best, truly great games. and in my opinon the snes was the best of all the consoles produced ever. it was helped with loads of top games and a well made construction ( not like my 360 it crashed loads ).

even though i would love to collect more ive decided to sell my collection.

i will still have my wii and planing on getting a ps3 when i sell up.

also i have afew emus so i can play my favs of yesteryear.

heres afew pics of my collection and i will wait till i can get in the selling forum to sell .

[IMG]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z44/djjaye_2007/DCP00775.jpg
    [/IMG]

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...7/DCP00787.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...7/DCP00789.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...7/DCP00779.jpg

Insert Coin (Level 0) MysteryRidahz's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N/A

Talking

Howdy, you folks can called me u2k..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

long time lurker, first time poster

Im Jeremy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is Orlando I'm 22 and I live in a small town in California. I guess you could say I've been collecting games since I had my first nintendo in the late 80s, but I didn't collect games so much as didn't get rid of them. The super nes is my favorite system of all time and Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best game ever. I found this site while looking at a bunch of snes and nes sites and I have to say it's nice to be around like minded individuals

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Daniel Bienvenu : I'm a gamer, collector and homebrew programmer ColecoVision.

I'm a programmer and I always wanted to program my own video games. My mind is stuck in the past, I prefer programming games for the ColecoVision console than anything else.

I'm a french canadian and I live in the province of Québec. English is not my cup of tea, but I'm still learning every day by chating with some of you.

I'm a member of a video game collectors group named C.C.J.V.Q. and we had meetings 3 or 4 times a year. I'm a member of Adamcon, a group formed by Coleco Adam and ColecoVision users. I also meet in person some guys from Digital Press during a gaming expo.

I wasn't very active in many forums, during the last 2 years. In fact, I wasn't very active in the Internet. I was looking for job and stuff like that we call generaly "life". Now, I'm back online, but my counter drop to zero here... well, I'm still in the archives.

My favorite games? difficult to answer. I'm not an arcade gamer. But I like the ColecoVision game system, the Commodore computers, and a few other systems. On these machines, I have some favorite games, but because they are "cool". Donkey Kong was the first video game I played in my life and give me this dream to program a video game myself, and this dream comes true for the computers first, then for the ColecoVision in year 2000. For the Vic-20, I was impress by Romix's Galaxia. For the Commodore 64, I enjoyed California Games, and also funky noisy music in games like Commando. At the arcade, my favorite game was Joust because of its originality.

My main collection is ColecoVision stuff. I still have a working Commodore 64 with 3 disk drives and many floppy discs.

My job is programming stuff, but my academic formation is over programming phase, like design and planning projects.

Because of my collector friends, I tried many other systems like Intellivision, Atari2600, NES, SNES, N64, SMS, Genesis, Saturn, DreamCast, and a few other consoles and computers like Game.com and Game'n Watch. But I'm not really collecting for these systems. Anyway, I have no more free space to continue collecting and to buy any "new generation" console.

The best stuff is in the vintage, classic gaming is fun. The homebrew scene is very active for not enough systems, more work have to be done here.
    Long time no see. Still playing my coleco games?
    http://newcoleco.dev-fr.org

Insert Coin (Level 0) ult1matex64's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Justin Webster, 19yrs old.
    - Where you live
    Australia, Victoria
    - How you found the forums
    Searching video game collections on google
    - What your favorite games are
    Too Many to say, favorite genre though are FPS, Racing.
    - What systems you collect for
    All
    - What you do in "real life"
    I dont have a job (searching but where I live sucks), but am planning on doing a Cert II in IT in July.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I just started collecting not too long ago, games have been a part of my life, all the way down to the Atari/Commodore 64 days.

I have recently bought a Japanese Dreamcast R7, and Panasonic Q, has well has a Dreamcast Keyboard, Atari Lynx II.
    Last edited by ult1matex64; 05-16-2007 at 01:27 AM.
    Anyone know where I can get a Playstation Net Yaroze is good condition with all content?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Daniel Hale

- Where you live
    Oklahoma

- How you found the forums
    I was referred by a member of [H]ardForum.

- What your favorite games are
    Sadly I don't really own any of my favorite console games anymore. I love Final Fantasy II and III (SNES), Chrono Trigger, and other RPGs.

- What systems you collect for
    I don't really collect per se, but I'm looking to acquire new stuff for my Sega Saturn which has been lightly used over the last decade. It's time to change that now I've gotten bored with the last two generation of consoles.

- What you do in "real life"
    Well, I'm currently taking time away from school to make sure my wife and I have food and a roof over our heads and our pets' heads too. I work full-time in food service for a private university in town and make a decent amount of money each month. I'm also a journalist for the Army National Guard, which is quite fun and exciting but also has some downs.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Like I said before, I'm not really collecting yet. I have been playing video games since I was about 2-3 years old. I've owned a NES, SNES, N64, Sega Saturn, Playstation, Playstation 2 and Xbox 360. I've also been an avid computer gamer for many years, which is why I've always put console gaming to the rear over computer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Always good to have another Okie on board -- welcome to the party!