Stephen

- Where you live

Lombard, Illinois

- How you found the forums

Yahoooooo-ooooo

- What your favorite games are

My "favorites" change all the time.

- What systems you collect for

I only have a game boy advance right now. I used to own quite a few systems. I am growing a bit bored of todays games. I want to buy some older systems but I'm not sure which will bring me the most happiness.

- What you do in "real life"

I am a computer programmer. After 12 years I am doing some soul searching and thinking of a career change.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I don't think I was ever a collector. I mean, I always purchased games that I knew were good and that I'd want to play. However, after down sizing my stuff I'm not sure it was a good idea.

Insert Coin (Level 0) fillo300zx's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    fillo300zx

Hey everyone, my name is Jason. I currently work at the University of Delaware while studying for my masters. I found out about this website from co-worker who just so happens to be an admin

I started gaming at NES and if there is one game i regret never beating for that, its Little Nemo. I have played on every system since then. My favorite types of games are FPS, RPG, and shmups. there is only one fighting game i like to play, SSBM. While certainly not the best, I did manage to fair well in the tournaments i used to go to.

I don't get rid of games that I buy, so i am definitely curious to find out what artifacts i may posses (if any).

Other than gaming, i love driving cars. i own a 74 chevy nova, and a 93 300zx. i love to play with both and drive them on nice weekends. \

pleasure to meet you all

-Fillo
    Last edited by fillo300zx; 07-10-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) velvet396's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Velvet396

- Who you are

Chad

How old are you? (If you don't mind shocking us)

- Where you live

Newark, OH - possibly Pittsburgh, PA soon.

Started the Online Rarity Guide last summer when I realized I could buy all the old gaming systems I never got to have while I was growing up!!

Cop-out answer: too many to choose. I currently try to cycle between playing PS2, 360, Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, NES, Cube, and sometimes Wii.

Primarily Genesis as it's the easiest to find in my semi-hick town. NES carts are also everywhere, but they seem to be more overpriced and less fun (or I really remember Genny better than NES, due to my age and when I played them growing up, and therefore they have less nostalgia value).

Marketing Director for a nonprofit theatre. Currently looking forward to finding and starting my 2nd job post-grad.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I always used to sell my games as a kid to trade up to the newest system. Great practice at the time, but now I'm stuck trying to recollect anything I used to have. That's how it started last summer - and I quickly decided to try and expand into things that I never got to have. I don't see myself as a collector, more of a game gatherer. "Factory Sealed" = useless to me.

Cool story to note for the future: I read about one gamer/collector who used to trade up all his stuff for newer games & systems, with one major catch. It was his parents that used to buy the stuff from him. Unbeknownst to him, his parents hoarded all the stuff he "traded in", paying him for it as if they sold it, then upon reaching a certain age in his 20's (I don't recall and it doesn't matter) they revealed to him everything he thought he got rid of previously. Needless to say, sudden massive collection. I would've cried/died.

Insert Coin (Level 0) FoxyGamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    grimsalutations
    PSN
    The_Foxy_Gamer

Wink Hello

[QUOTE=Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are
    - Where you live
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.QUOTE]

I am a girl that collects, plays, lives, and breathes video games in New Jersey with her husband.

I found the forums because of the online rarity guide digital press has; I've gone to the VG Expo, formerly Philly Classic, for 3 years in a row now, and Digi Press always has guys selling books, so I thought I'd have a look see at how rare my collection actually is.

My favorite games are mostly role playing, puzzle, and rhythm, but I play everything, from old point and click adventures from Lucas Arts on the PC, to tactical games like the Might and Magic series. If you were to ask me what my favorite games are, though? in the Role Playing category, it's a close tie between Final Fantasy VI and Suikoden II. Puzzle game would have to be Super Puzzle Fighter, and Rhythm is gonna be Gitaroo Man.

I collect all systems, old and new. I have a method to my madness- I prefer role playing titles and good games in general, plus anything Atlus, Koei, Capcom, Konami, Nintendo, and Sega. I collect for nostalgia and gameplay over rarity for the most part, but these days, I'm looking to fill my collection out with some rarer pieces.

IRL I'm a graphic designer- need anything done? Im totally available for freelance and I love working with video game themes.

I had like EVERYTHING when I was a kid, my brother and I were bookish types, either reading or playing games as opposed to playing outside- I didn't even learn to ride a bike till I was 12. Needless to say I had a fairly stellar stash of stuff that goes for hundreds on ebay now, but it's all lost to moves and time. When I graduated college and moved in with my husband, one day we decided to pick up Jumping Flash for him, but it had to be in the long box. I thought- you know, I'd really like to own all of those good games again. So, we were off to the races.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    I hate Xbox.
    PSN
    PS3 is even worse.

I've been viewing this site and collecting everything from offbeat handheld game cartridges to vintage game toys for almost two years and now I feel it's time to atleast scrape-off the excess of my vast (but not as good as most people here) collection. Obviously I'll need alot of help, although I probably won't sell online, and what better place to recieve game advice than from the big dogs themselves?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- My name is Neil
    - I live in western PA
    - I found these forums because one of my teachers told me about them. He's about 100 games short of a full NES collection and when he found out I was into old school games, he told me about this site.
    - My favorite games: Metroid, NiGHTs, Kaboom!, Crash Bandicoot PSX series, Grand Theft Auto series
    - As of right now I have a 2600, NES, SNES, N64, Wii, PSX, PS2, Saturn, and Genesis. I collect for all except the PSX and PS2 since I had them in their heyday.
    - I work at CVS in "real life", other than that I go to school or consume vast portions of junk food.
    - I began collecting for the NES. I bought one and thought it would be really fun to play. My parents deprived me of video games until I was about 10 so it was kind of a late start for me. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been mooching off Digital Press for a couple years now to use the very high-quality Online Rarity Guide. I really never paid much attention to the forums at all until I needed pricing advice on an arcade cabinet. I figured it was mostly the young crowd that ran on forums and I was too old for it. However, so far, I've been impressed with the discussion here and the maturity of both the young and "older" posters on the board. And I've enjoyed participating in it as well... so I guess I was wrong about myself.

I collect basically EVERYTHING hand-held or console from any era. I've played games all my life (started on the 2600), but I got heavy into it around the SNES and PS1 era. I was always casual about games, until 2D and then 3D RPGs really drew me in, and since then it has expanded to all genres (plus I just don't have the time to play many RPGs anymore). I really have no "preferred" system to collect for, although I don't collect too much for systems pre-NES. I guess if I had to pick one I would say that I probably tend to put the most focus on my Saturn collection. I tend to find the systems that did poorly when they came out (like 3DO and Saturn) more fun to collect for than the ones that I already played to death when they were current (like SNES and PS1).

In "real life" I work in law enforcement. However, I sell video games on the side as well (mostly through eBay), but usually only duplicate games and systems that I've picked up in large lots I buy from people in my local area.
    Last edited by MF_Luder; 07-18-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default About Me

I'm 23, live in the UK, and have an extremely boring job.

I'm counting the days till late September when I can return to university and study a Masters journalism course. After that, I'd probably like to take what is currently occasional freelance writing to a professional level!

I own far too much games stuff. Nothing fancy, just lots of it:

-Megadrive, Mega-CD, 32X with 60-odd games across the three formats, and a whole bundle of others for the Master System convertor. This stuff is probably what I'd consider the jewel in the crown of my collections!

-Game Gear with 20 or so games (and silly peripherals like the dodgy TV card and magnifier thing)

-Saturn with 30ish games

-Playstation with about 20 games

-Dreamcast with A LOT of games (most of which are worthless and crap, like 'Soul Fighter' or that awful fighter jet game).

-N64 with bare minimum of "good" titles (i.e. Mario 64, Goldeneye, Lylat Wars...)

I guess the only modern(ish) console I'm currently running is a Gamecube, with 40+ titles (including Twilight Princess, the GC version of which I'd defend with my life over the lazy, cash-in Wii version!).

I've also got a Tiger 'game.com' and recently had the misfortune to pick up 'Sonic Jam'. What were they thinking?? =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm somewhat retro.

My favorite game is Super Mario Bros. 3....

I really enjoy playing old games on my GBA player, legal emulators, and virtual console.

I miss 2D games so.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I'm back

Welcome, Shatterstar.
    You last visited: 11-05-2003 at 01:44 AM

I only had 2 posts but it's good to be back.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ninjabearhug's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone.
    I joined a while ago but i got sidetracked and never got round to introducing myself. My name is Stewart, i'm 26 and live in the UK. I've been around the scene for a long time but up until recently, i've always taken a back seat due to lack of free time. I'm interested in all aspects of gaming but my main passion is SEGA. Well that's the intro over back to scanning those awesome rooms of doom

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I'm back!

Its taken me ages, but I'm back! Everything has changed so much, I feel I need to re-introduce myself!

So howdy folks!

What happened to all the meseta system and the buying/selling of icons? That was pretty impressive!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Super Sonic 5's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. Nice forum you guys have here. I go by Super Sonic 5 'round most boards, but play all kinds of games. I found DP a while ago, but just joined the forums once I saw that the people here play so many classic games.

My systems include NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox, 3D0, TG16, CD-I, Game Boy (Broken), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, GBA, a dead Game Gear, and a C64 I picked up for 5$ with no games. Oh, and a Super Game Boy, but that's not a real system. Whew... Anyway, during the summer, I'll be posting here some and lurking here more.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi

My name is Mark... and I've been reading DP for a few weeks now... I live in and around Orlando, FL... enjoy Horror and Sc-Fi movies, candle lit dinners, and rose petals... I have a game and system collection that pales in comparison to most on here (it appears)- but I've been playing video games since the mid 80s- and although not as harcore as a some of you fellow gamers, still enjoy and play games to this day.

I'm a bit of an electronics and A/V nerd, so I'll be glad to try and answer some questions, provided no "hatin' " is thrown my way. I am also good with poor sentence structure, misspelled words, and commas.
    Last edited by TheDomesticInstitution; 07-25-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Frankzilla's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shibby Giddy
    PSN
    Frankzilla

Default Greetings all!

I'm Frank, I'm 21 years old from Magnolia, New Jersey. I was directed to the site from the GameFAQs Classic Gaming board.

My favorite games are, well there are too many to list, but I'm a huge fan of the Castelvania, Final Fantasy, and Zelda series. Old 2D Mario and Sonic games are up there also, as well as loads of RPGs.

I've just recently begun collecting, and I'm working on collecting large amounts of games for: NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PSX, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, PSP, Game Gear. Yeah, I'm not really focusing on few consoles, as you can see I'm going for just a large collection, something I'll be working on for many years to come.

I currently work at Gamestop in Deptford, NJ, and I'm planning on going to school for Journalism.

I started collecting after browsing some forums and seeing some people's large collections, and I decided I wanted to start one of my own, so I'm a relative newb to this, but I think in a few months I'll have a somewhat decent collection.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Jason I am 22 years old and I'm from Wausau, WI.

My favorite types of games are RPG's.

I collect mostly for the Sega Genesis, but I will pick something up if it is a good deal.

I work as a location attendent for a vending company, and plan on going back to school as soon as my wife finishes her schooling.

Well that's me.

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DPer's

My name is Christopher Long. I live in the suburbs of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (The capital of the state). I found the forums in 2003 when a high school buddy of mine found a complete list of Nintendo Entertainment System games. I collect games for every console that I can get my hands on, right now I have roughly 15 consoles. What I do in "real life" is I am a sports writer for the Daily Item newspaper. I began collecting originally for the Sega Genesis becuase a friend and I were talking about old games that we used to play as kids, and we picked some up for a few bucks at a pawn shop and I've never looked back brother.

Chris

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuzzball123

I'm Nick, I'm just a kid, but love games just as much as people young or old! I have a measly collection of 160 games or so, but I plan to reach 200 by the end of the year. My first system was the SNES. I don't have many systems compared to you guys, but compared to my friends I'm the gaming God! Haha, well my friend has a few more...

See you around the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default watch the birdie

Greetings fanboy & girls, I'm Ron, I live in Houston Texas. I'm here because I was drafted into service. I'm kidding. Damaramu gave me a heads up.

I love FPS, mech combat games, RTS, and the ocasional Platformer or RPG. Current favorites are SLAI and Dragon Quest 8. I'm collecting for the GBA and PS2. I'd like to get as many as I can before they become defunct.

IRL I'm an artist and writer though I am a commissioned security officer to pay the bills. Which means that I split my funding between games and guns.

I wouldn't say I'm an avid collector. I don't really care about shutting my stuff away in a dark vault with packets of dessicant. I've lost my possessions too many times to be that anal lol. But once I buy a game chances are I won't get rid of it ever since I never know when I'll get the urge to play it.

I especially will never get rid of any multy player 'party games'. Many good times were to be had on a Friday night at art school playing Rush 2049 or Toy Commander

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lurk lurk lurk lurk

Admins restrict finds thread access

Register

Poast

So it begins. Looking forward to Jagfest '08!