Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) parker619's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey longtime lurker first time poster,, well lets get to it

my name is peter im 16 and come from england.. im also part of www.sega-16.com forum under the same name

i love old consoles,, new too but i dont collect although on my modded xbox... shhh i have a nes,snes,megadrive,sms,gameboy,atari,amiga,and mame emulators which i game on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, my name is James. I live in sunny CA (909), I found this page one day looking for info on SEGA Saturn Rarities. I collect almost Anything I can Find! I love collecting SEGA Though. I'm a Service Advisor in my "Real Life" This Site is great! I'm Glad to be a Member. O and my latest Kick Is the Ever so Forgotten SEGA Saturn Netink. Ever since i found out you can still play the games over the phone line I've been all over it!

Strawberry (Level 2) guitargary75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Gary, I currently live in Akron, Ohio and I am working on my DMA in Musicology. I have been an avid collector for about 5 years.
    I collect NES, SNES, Genesis and Master System.
    My Favorite Games are:
    Contra
    The Legend of Zelda
    M.U.S.H.A
    Mario 3
    Qix
    Choplifter

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone!! My name is Chris.

I am a long time gamer who for some reason never though of video games as collectable. Boy was I wrong. Now I am both, but will always be a gamer first.

After reading these boards for the better part of a few months there is certainly a lot for me to learn, but I am looking forward to it. Almost every post new or old is worth reading. Not many forums you can say that about.

My gaming interests: are RPGs (Action, Traditional, and Strategy), 2D Figthers, 2D/3D platformers, sports sims and stealth action games. Not necessarily in that order.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and looking forward to chatting it up with all of you.

- Chris

Insert Coin (Level 0) Falconhood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i love my Atari 7800, and my first game system was the Odyssey2.
    fave systems:
    Atari 7800
    Coleco
    Turbo Grafx
    Sega G
    Intellivision.
    Rom 10:9-10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone,

I've been reading your forums for awhile now, and have finally registered. I am a fellow collector, and look forward to learning more about this hobby.

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are - Dave
    - Where you live - Near Minneapolis, MN
    - How you found the forums - Google
    - What your favorite games are - Tetris, Super Mario 1,2,3 Grand Theft Auto Series, Final Fantasy 7, and Wii Sports.
    - What systems you collect for - Right now mostly just the original NES, but I have ranging from the original PONG up to the Wii.
    - What you do in "real life" - Computer Programmer
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. - Not quite sure... Maybe just my love for the NES and my pack rat nature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Everyone!, mi name is Melina, I'm 21, and I live in Dominican Republic. I play videogames since I was a girl, and I'm into collecting any rare item that I find, my favorite games are SNES Rpg's, Beatmania Series, Any 2D Plataformer, and rare accesories for classic Consoles.!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello my name is Sarah and I'm 25 and currently live in West Virginia. Once upon a time I was a collector of fine vintage gaming systems until my love at the time left and left with the Intellivision, the Sega Master system, the Nintendo and N64.

I literally Stumbled Upon these forums (www.stumbleupon.com)
    I enjoy first person shooters but I'm more of voyeur.
    I'm currently trying to build up my 3DO and Sega collections and trying to get a handle on the Atari collection.
    I'm an artist disguised as a Massage Therapist just starting my career and I plan on one day getting my degree in art education so I can one day teach.

I am now the proud owner of an Atari 2600 Jr, a 7800, a Sega (gen3 - the tiny one), a 3DO, XBOX, XBOX 360.

I have a sick sense of humor and a false sense of modesty will try to hold my tongue if nothing else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hi everyone!

I've been to this site many times over the years, but just decided to join the forums. I probably won't post much as there usually isn't anything I can add that hasn't been said before.

I've been a game player since the paddle game days. Back in '82 my brother bought a 5200 with his paper route money, and soon after lost interest in videogaming, so the system became mine. Somehow Miner 2049er, Pitfall 2, Star Raiders and Defender, among others continued to hold my interest right on through the NES days. Throughout that era other kids around the neighborhood had the Intellevision, ColecoVision, Vectrex, SMS, and NES, so I never missed out on any of the best games. The 5200 was sold at a garage sale sometime in the summer of '89, and I put that money towards a Sega Genesis. Most of my Genesis library was sold to purchase a SegaCD, and so on.

It wasn't until the late 90's that I became a true blooded collector. While living in Arizona without any videogame consoles, I played a demo of Panzer Dragoon Zwei at a department store and was hooked. On rails shooters have been a favorite of mine since Space Harrier, but nothing was of interest since StarFox. Anyhow, I found a Saturn lot in the newspaper for $200 (w/ like all the good games at the time) and gaming fever has been in full effect since then. I like to think at this point I have a rather robust library of worthwhile games for the following systems: Atari 5200 (multi cart + originals), Master System, PC-Engine (HuCard and CD), Genesis/Mega Drive, Sega CD, SNES/SFC, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, PS2/PSX, Gamecube, Game Gear, Lynx, Game Boy Advance, and WonderSwan.

In just the past few years I've taken an interest in collecting different controllers that were released over the years. Paddle controllers, trackballs, joysticks, etc. That may be my one area of holding uncommon knowledge, if you've got a question about a controller hit me up, I'd be glad to track down the answer with you.

This has gotten rather long (will probably be my longest post ever!).
    Cheers to all who enjoy a good game!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My name's Duane, I'm 35, and I live in Ohio. I'm a network admin/desktop support/all around computer guy by day. I've been a casual to intermediate gamer for most of my life, and a collector for the past few years.

First experience with video games goes back to the mid to late 70's...some pong/skeet shooting variants at friends' houses, and I had a cool uncle that had a 2600 and a weird Atari pong/pinball machine. Got a Sears Super Video Arcade (Intellivision) for xmas around 79 or 80, a NES Power Set in the mid 80's, and bought my own Genesis when it first came out. Also had a Radio Shack Color Computer II that was used for a lot of gaming. I think we had 4 cartridges for it lol.

As far as newer stuff, I have a PS2, a PS, and a GC with a handful of games for each. (No current gen systems yet...price point is just too ridiculous for me.) I play them every once in a while but I also have been more of a retro collector/scrounger lately. I've picked up a ton of classic systems just at Goodwill this year...a Dreamcast, at least two Genesises, a couple SNESes and NESes, an N64, a 2600, and on and on. Also dozens of cartridges, especially Genesis. Some stuff l've added to the collection (like the DC) while other stuff I've either sold, traded, given to friends, etc. That's actually how I found the forums, searching for information about some Genesis stuff I picked up at GW.

Interesting, or not so interesting note, I played in the Nintendo Campus Challenge when it stopped at my school in November or December 1990. I came in second, won 100 bucks, and I might have a couple T-shirts and plastic cups stashed away somewhere. Also got paid 8 bucks and hour for 2 hours for helping the Nintendo folks tear everything down and load it into the truck afterward.

But enough about me. Do you come here often?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone. Glad to be a part of these forums. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, ever since my SNES started acting up. I've always enjoyed playing video games. I never had a console until Christmas of '99 when my parents got us a Nintendo 64. By then I was already a Sophomore in high school. I guess they always thought we would go brain dead. We had a computer when I was younger so I did enjoy PC games like Wolfenstein, which kept me entertained for hours upon hours. I've even downloaded an emulator (Little John Player) to my treo 680 for snes, gb, sega, sms, and nes.

At about March of 2007 my wife stumbled upon her SNES at her parent's house that had been sitting on the top shelf of her closet, under some blankets. It wasn't dusty at all, just yellow. She said she only played it about 2 times when she first got it because she didn't know how to hook it up. She assumed it was broken or it needed another cable. We took it down and I called up a cousin of mine to let me borrow some games. We got hoome and I showed her how to plug it in properly and popped in Super Mario World. It worked on first try. Fast forward to December, I had some cousins over for some gaming and pizza. We try out Top Gear and pass a couple of levels. I noticed that the graphics would slow down but the sound and gameplay would still go on. Also on Madden I can't see the score at all times and the time and number are incorrect at times. NBA Jam is impossible to play because you can't even shoot the ball. You just run around with it. This problem with the SNES brought me here and I'm kind of glad it did, but I want my SNES fixed. I'm sure someone on these forums is more than capable of diagnosing my problem. Thanks for the forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GrislyDin

Hello, Richard, 26 and from England.

Lurked around here for a while. Usually only once a week or month.

I'm a regular over at NTSC-uk. I collect N64 items mostly, also interested in wonderswans.
    Just bought a cheap vectrex and I'm on the hunt for all of the various accessories and dev items. *wallet cries*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

j / 20 / london england.

i'm into collecting games that are R8 and above, preferably unusual or unique titles. my first notable rarity was Chase the Chuck Wagon, which i turned into a medallion and still wear frequently. i hope to eventually amass a modest collection of holy grails to impress the ladies. oh and i design games in my spare time. i'll take that seriously some day.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my names Mike. I'm from Ohio. I'm 34 years old. My first system was the Atari 5200. I currently own a ps1, ps2 and a wii. I want to get a ps3 but its to expensive. I enjoy playing JRPGs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post My Name Is MvM

I would like to say hello, and introduce myself. My name is Rob, otherwise known online as MvM. I have been playing video games ever since I was able to hold a controller, and haven't stopped since.

I am a major Sega fan, and I am currently working on completing my collection of USA released Dreamcast games. I still have a long way to go.....lol

I am also a huge fan of old school NES, and I also have a PS1, PS2, XBOX, Game Cube, Gameboy Advance, SNES, and my Dreamcast.

I have recently dove more into collecting to go along with my gaming, and that's what brought me here to this site. I was looking up information on some of my PS1 games (SLUS numbers actually), and I stumbled across these forums. I have to say that this site is a treasure trove of information for gamers and collectors, and I am glad to be here.

I am also a hardworking single father of a terrific 5 year old, who is also trying his hand at video games. Whew!........lol

Sorry for the long post here. Anyways, thanks for letting me be here, and I look forward to getting into great conversations with all of you fellow gamers and collectors!

- MvM

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi, I'm TonyTheTiger. I shopped at the store a number of times and lurked this site for a while now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Moi

I'm Pyro..
    I live in the U.S..
    I found the forums looking for Oregon Trail..
    I collect for PS2..
    I learn in real life..
    I have no real collecting needs except I go for RPGs..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Kumori-kun

Hello all - my name is John, I live in the Western NY area

Im a huge sega fanatic - and I collect everything and anything based on Sega

I've been gaming since I was 4 on the NES

Also I'm a big RPG fan and anime gamer - so if you have any sega,anime,rpg related games import or domestic I will trade/buy =P
    Some things never die....Give me all your Sega belongings!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Everybody! I'm Art and my situation is a little different. I've been collecting classic stuff casually for about 7 years. Got started once I realized I could buy tons of stuff for a fraction of what it cost when I was a kid. Ended up with dozens of consoles and accessories and hundreds of games. I was just collecting to gather stuff and not really playing.

Got hooked on World of Warcraft and finaly got a 360. I decided to sell-off all the stuff I hadn't played in the past year. I've always known about DP but was never a serious vintage collector. Now I'm just visiting your site to see what some of my stuff might be worth. I might be posting some stuff for sale once I pass my 10 day probationary period.

I grew up on RPG's, also enjoy RTS and racing games. Not much for sports games or shooters, which leaves me high and dry in most of today's gaming climate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm new here (at least as a registered user) so an introduction is in order.

I'm a 27 year-old Dane working in a record store trying to rack up enough cash to feed my retro addiction. I have too many fond memories of many childhood years spent gaming to let it go.
    So, what am I doing here? Basically just hanging out and enjoying the discussions but also looking for other people willing to trade/sell games and other retro goodness that I'm missing. Hey, any other Danes around?

My primary focus when looking for games and systems are NES, SNES, C64 and Amiga but hey, you're never too old to add another system to the collection!

Enough babbling already. I'm looking forward to taking part of the forums, thanks for letting me in