Page 93 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) randis112's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Randy. I'm a 39 yr old truck driver residing in Colorado and have been playing video games since I was a kid. I discovered this site while searching for rarity guides online.

I had an extensive PS2 collection going when I happened upon an old Sega cartidge for Road Rash 2 in a bargain bin for 5 bucks about a year ago. Since then my quest to re-collect all my old systems and games quickly turned into an expensive (but fun) obsession.

I currently have 14 differant systems, most complete in the box, and over 450 games spread between them, most cib as well. I'm quickly running out of room for all this stuff, but am not letting that slow me down too much. There is so much more out there it is unreal.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, my name is Al and I live in the UK. I can't recall how I found the forums as it was some time ago. I've been playing and to a lesser extent collecting games for over 30 years now (I'm getting on a bit ).

My favorite games are rpgs or shoot em ups, I also like playing first person shooters on the Pc. Favorite systems are the Snes and the Pc Engine.
    I've kept quite a lot of systems over the years such as Intellivision, NES, Mega Drive, Master System etc but I don't collect for them anymore. These days I concentrate on sealed games, mostly Playstation Rpgs which is rather an expensive hobby

Most weekends are spent going around a few car boot sales looking for games. As anyone here from the UK will know, you never know what you will find.

Cheers,

Al

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

Hi my name is Eric and im 24 from San Antonio, Tx. I hapened to come across this site when I used google to find some forums about classic games. Im not really a collector but I would like to get very into it some day. I do own a Playstation 2, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, and a Super Nintendo. I want to purchase a Sega Genesis soon.
    Last edited by jedimind7; 02-11-2008 at 05:19 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TwinChargers's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, my name is Brian and I reside in beautiful Minnesota, the Land of 10,000 Lakes. I found the forums in search of information on games on older systems. I currently own a Playstation 2, SNES, N64, Genesis, Mastersystem and an Atari 7800. I also have about a half dozen Plug-N-Plays and an old Pong system from the late 70's. Absolutely love classic gaming and hope to find out more about older systems and meet some cool people along the way. If I was to have a "videogame" dream come true, it would probably be owning an arcade cabinet. I love classic arcade games.
    These pretzels are making me thirsty!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are? Matt
    Where you live? Iowa
    How did you found the forums? Twin Galaxies
    What do you do in "real life"? Build tanks, not the armored vehicle kind.
    The Mediocre Gamer - A unique blog on classic gaming.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is g2000 and I live in the wonderful state of Texas. I found this forum from a local guy who was selling some games on craigslist. I work in finance.

I've been collecting games ever since I was kid. Most of my stuff has been kept in pretty good condition through out the years. I'm not really an all out game collector, I purchase games that I personally find superb. Quality games is more my route..... But hey, if a crappy game is $1.00 who am I to judge.

All boxed with instructions, most of my boxed systems are in new condition:

Atari 2600. 35 games.
    Sega master system/3D glasses boxed/Control sticks Boxed/ 80 games.
    Sega cd 1 & 2. 25 games.
    Genesis. SMS Adaptor New in box/New controller boxed/ 106 games.
    Sega Demo system DS-16.
    Saturn 1 -round oval buttons /Saturn 2- round buttons. 16 games
    Dreamcast 3 systems. 30 games
    Game gear 3 of them. 30 games. Tv turner boxed/New screen magnifier boxed.
    Sega 32X. 6 games.
    Sega Pico. 5 games.
    Playstation new in box. 50 games. I have 3 other PS1 systems.
    PS one
    PS2. big deck. 30 games.
    PS2. slim
    NES. 100 games. 3 systems. Power glove/headphone shooter/Advantage controller all boxed.
    SNES 2 sytems. 20 games.
    N64 10 games.
    Gamecube. 18 games.
    PS3. 10 games.
    Turbo Grafx 16 10 games.
    Lynx. 6 games.
    3 Gameboys. 20 games.
    Neo Geo AES 3 games.

I want a clean boxed sega Nomad if someone here is selling one let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, I'm 20 and I reside in Pennslyvania.

Right now I own:

Atari 2600
    NES
    Gameboy
    Gamegear
    Snes
    Sega Genesis
    Atari Jaguar
    Sega Saturn
    Nintendo 64
    Playstation
    Dreamcast
    Playstation 2
    Xbox
    Wii

and around 500-600 games in total. And way to many books/guides/accessories to count.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sup everyone

age 20 here and from central FL

Hmm, lets see what I own...

Atari/Caleco
    Nintendo
    SNES
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Saturn
    Nintendo 64
    Playstation
    Dreamcast
    Playstation 2
    Gamecube
    Xbox
    Xbox 360
    Wii
    Gameboy
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advanced
    Gameboy SP
    Nintendo DS
    PSP
    Sega Nomad
    GameGear

...I think that about covers it..as far as games go, I don't even know wayyyyyyyyyyy mucho. But anyways HI!!! I love almost all types of games, I found this site through someone I know and if there is anything else that you would like to know, just lemme know.
    Last edited by Breakman; 02-13-2008 at 02:20 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, everybody. I'm 25 years old in Illinois. I've been playing video games since I got my Sega Genesis when I was about 9 or 10. One of the first games I got was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and to this day I'm still a Sonic fan.

I currently own a Sega Genesis and Dreamcast, an NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube and Wii, Sony PlayStation 1 and 2, XBOX and XBOX 360, as well as Game Boy Advance, DS and PSP. I don't have many games for my older systems yet, but I plan on getting more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    xdaytime

Como esta bitches.... I'm 16 from Indiana and I love playing video games. I am just now getting into collecting retro games but currently play lots of xbox 360. I am semi-pro in Gears of War for Major League Gaming and hope that I get some cred. Anyway, I am hoping to start off my collection with a NES and Dreamcast. PEACE!

Insert Coin (Level 0) CaptainFalcon13's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    none
    PSN
    none

Default Frank

Howdy, the name is Frank.

I live in Medford Lakes, NJ aka the town confined inside medford, but we have to be stubborn and have our own community because we are difficultvill USA.

DKtheArcadeRat (Dave Kushina) is a good friend of mine and he told me about this site.

I have so many favorite games it is hard to choose from so I'll tell you one from each of my systems:

NES-Strider
    PSone-Tekken 3
    Xbox-Time splitters future perfect
    Gamecube-Marvel Nemesis Rise of the Imperfects
    PS2-Shadow of the colossus
    DS-Phoenix Wright
    GBA-Fzero
    GBC-Pokemon BLue
    Wii-No More Heroes
    Psp-Star wars battle front renegade squdren

My systems are all listed above

other things:
    I'm a huge movie fanatic. I don't like to brag but if you are stumped on a movie tell me about a scene and an actor in the movie and I will tell you the title. My favorite movies are Boondock Saints and the Punisher w/ Tom Jane.

I love anime. It is a great media to watch. I'll watch any anime as long as it is not bobobo-bo-bobobo which just sucks.

I play any sport. I'm diverse. I'm a jack of all trades when it comes to playing sports, but I'm not saying that I'm always good. The two sports I devote time to are Soccer and Lacrosse.

I don't think I'm missing anything else, so I'll talk later and I usually show up at Next Level Video games in Blackwood in Today's Plaza on 1031 Little Glouster Town Rd. you can also go to NLVideogames.com

WAIT!

a few more things, sorry...

My favorite video game character is Captain Falcon as you can tell by my name and avatar. I am also a huge Oakland Raiders fan don't ask why.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Allow myself to introduce.....myself.

Greets!

My name is Pete. I've lurked around DP for quite some time (mostly interested in the Easter Egg section) but I've found myself browsing the forums lately. So I felt I should make myself known to the community.

I'm a music teacher in Delaware. I teach music to elementary students, grade 1-5. Hence the nickname 'DEteacher'. I might have to change my nickname, though. My family is planning a move to NH, hopefully by the end of the summer.

My only hobby is my Atari 2600 collection. My collection is hovering around 200 loose carts. Other than my trusty heavy-sixer, the only other console I own (and have ever owned) is a Wii. I've never had the desire to own another console until the Wii came along. I also own a DS and a PSP, but I don't really count them as 'consoles.'

Well, that's enough rambling from me. I look forward to chatting with you folks. Heck, hopefully I'll make it up to the DP store in the near future.
    Last edited by deteacher; 02-18-2008 at 07:51 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Amnion-Chorion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's up guys?

I'm Mike, a 19-year old college student from Long Island. I've lurked around here for a while and I figured it was time to finally start posting. I wouldn't really say I'm a collector per se, but I have a ton of games (over 1000 at the moment, though I'm downsizing a bit) and an innate desire to own every game I feel is worth playing on a particular console. Of course, I don't have nearly enough time to play them all!

My favorite games include Earthbound, Mother 3, Chrono Trigger, the Phoenix Wright series, the Mega Man series, and far too many more to list here.

Looking forward to chatting with you folks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New here, but love the place already...........A man could get lost in all those post you got there...........Man what a wealth of knowledge this site has..........I'm in 80's heaven.
    GAME NOT OVER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hush316

hello hello well new here just found the site am very excited to go exploring
    am new to serious game collecting i only have about 200 games but that will start growing
    look forward to meeting all you people out there

Retro game console modder bacteria's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys,

I am 41 years old and live in Hampshire, UK.

I am active in the BenHeck forum and a "Portablizer Extrordinaire" there. I stumbled on this forum when I noticed a fellow modder, Life of Brian, was here.

I like modding and hacking old console systems, you can see my work on the BenHeck forum.

I will be looking at this site in more detail when I get some time.

John.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    STEVE THE TIGER

Hi everyone, My name is Steve, I'm 26 and live in Kearny, NJ. I found this place by stopping by the Digital Press store. I drove by it by accident on thursday. I saw video games on the sign and it wasn't gamestop or Eb games so i wanted to check it out ASAP. I made a quick U-turn, but it was only 9:30am so it wasn't open yet. I must have stared in throught the window for like 10 min. I could not wait to get out of work so that i could come back and get to go inside. This place is better then I thought. I have been starting to collect older games, mainly NES and SNES for a few months now, but now that I have a store very close to me with this and more I know i am going to be spending a lot of $$$ there. I spent $100 just on NES games and a price guide. As for a real job I work in Fairfield NJ at Raymour & Flanigan as the warehouse Mgr.

Insert Coin (Level 0) The Old School Gamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everybody!

My name is Tony, I'm 29 and live in Oak Lawn IL, Found this site while looking for reviews of classic games. First game system was an Intellivision back in 1984. I was late jumping on the Nintendo Bandwagon, didn't get an NES till 1989, and since then I've been a die hard gamer. I just started collecting old games and systems that I missed out on when I was younger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    loop006

Hi Guys,

My name is Gerald, I live in Renton Wa.
    I found these forums, because I am a software tester, and a good chunk of my day, is spent searching for info about old obscure games.
    My #1 favorite game of all time is Snatcher for the Sega CD.
    Some of my other favorite games are: Panzer Saga, Odin Sphere, Psychic Assassin Tarumau, AvP (Jag), Tempest 2k, Yoshi's Island, Alien Soldier, Ranger X... there are alot of them!
    I am a Sega guy at the core, my favorite system to collect for is Saturn, followed by Duo, then Jaguar, then Sega CD and Super Nintendo.
    I mainly collect games that are fun to play from NES to current gen stuff.

I once found (and bought) a MIB Hello Kitty Xbox on CL!!!!!!!!!!
    I probably know a bunch of you guys from the NWCGE.
    I was a vendor at the 07 one, and I have attended the convention for the last 6 years.

-Gerald

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

I'm Rogue.
    From Brasil.
    I found some time ago, looking at collections, I think...
    Famorite games: Tomb Raider, Diablo, Super Mario 64... yeah, 96' was a great year! ^^
    My favorite systems: Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, GameCube... ^^
    In RL I'm very very busy... not really... =/
    That's right. ^^/