Page 97 of 164 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) timewarpgamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a huge retro gamer fan. I'm not sure any era of video games can top the 8- and 16-bit one. Anyway, one of my goals is to create a site that provides definitive lists and information for the 8- and 16-bit golden age. Here is my early attempt: http://www.timewarpgamer.com. There's a long way to go, I know, but I appreciate any feedback.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    I_Seefraggedppl
    PSN
    Naota Nandaba

Hey!

My name´s Rafael I´m 25, I live in Hysterical Mexico City MX. My very first Game System was an Intellivision then an atari 2600 and so on... till PS3.

I began collecting games/consoles seriously around 1996 / 1997 both: classic and modern age.

About collecting...well Right now I use to look and dig in a flea market near my job which sells NES/SNES titles, besides that I check regional e-bay site for some PSX deals and when possible I check in den den Town or Akiba for DC and Import Games.

I work on my free time as Editor, but work as a Production Assistant in a Didactic Editorial House.(where I´ve learnt a lot) I dream of Publish some retro Gaming Mag here in Mexico sometime.

My faves:

-Earthbound

-Radiant Silver Gun

-Super Metroid

-Parodius

-Final Fantasy VI and VII

My favorite Company´s: SEGA undoubtely.

And well I guess that´s It for Now, Thanks for Reading, your time and all of your creative ideas here at Digital Press. You are the best Guys!

Game On!
    Rafael (Naota)
    Last edited by Naota; 05-11-2008 at 07:38 PM.
    "Man over Game"

Insert Coin (Level 0) groovetuber's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey. My name's Anthony. A few months ago I started collecting NES and SNES games and also some PS1 games. The collection is fairly small right now, but I hope to continue to expand and collect, it's definitely a fun hobby. I'm currently working my way through Chrono Trigger which is becoming an all-time favorite of mine. I'm about 3 hours in and it's just a super fun game. Anyway, I've been checking this site out over the past 2 months or so and I thought I would join. I've been a member over at NintendoAge for 3 months or so now as well. I look forward to talking games with you guys. Peace!
    Last edited by groovetuber; 05-11-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    modest9797

Hey, I am Dylan Bond. I live in PA. I collect games for all the systems below.

Currently, my favorite system is my 360. My favorite game is Dead Rising. I really want to buy all the old Nintendo Games. I go to flea markets about once every two months looking for games.
    Xbox Live : modest9797
    Games I Want
    PS1: 2% PS2: 0%
    Xbox: 42% GC: 18%

Insert Coin (Level 0) BadEnoughDude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. I'm Adam. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm 26, unemployed and a culinary student in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I'm a frequent poster over at RFGeneration under the same user name. Unfortunately, their site has been in and out of the hospital lately, and I needed something new to satisfy my forum-posting needs. That brings me here. I hope that I end up enjoying this community as much as I do theirs.

I started collecting seriously probably 8 or 9 years ago. A friend and I got in during a down time and were able to pick up large quantities of games for dirt cheap, mostly from a going-out-of-business rental store that gave us as much as we wanted for $2 a game. Those were the good old days. Obviously deals like that are much harder to find now, but I still maintain hope.

My collection right now consists of around 35 systems and 750+ games (closing in on 700 unique games). Lately I have been trying to fill in the remaining Playstation 2 titles on my want list (down to about 20), and, as always, the classics from my era: NES, SNES, Genesis and PS1. Being that I am unemployed I don't get to buy nearly as much as I'd like, but I find ways to buy games as often as I can.
    Last edited by BadEnoughDude; 05-16-2008 at 01:00 PM.
    Minnesota represent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Hello,
    I am new here. My name is Shaun and I am 36 years old.
    I collect just about any thing to do with games. The things I collect the most are Nintendo and Atari. Hi to everyone and have a great weekend.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, nice to meet you.
    Last edited by Tenjikuronin; 03-22-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, now....

I'm Joe from Boston. I'm 30, married, two kids, and I still play video games. I'm kind of stuck in the past -- NES, Genesis, Super NES are my go-to's for a quick game. I own a Wii (again, two kids), but haven't made the next-gen leap to PS3 or 360 yet. I also have a DS, PS2, GameCube, even a TG-16.

I like collecting old video games and systems, and have a decent NES and Genesis collection. Mostly whatever I come across at thrift stores and yard sales. For example, I have an Odyssey2 system, but no games!

I am a staff member on VGR, where you can see my game list. Try to contain yourself.

Now that I've said hello, I'll likely keep to myself and continue hunting down barcodes for every single video game known to mankind (I'm also OCD, ADD, sometimes ED, and every now and then RLS).

Bye for now...
    Last edited by Optigrab; 08-15-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Goatjuggler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Goatjuggler's Opus

Doh, forgot to introduce myself. With links for added bonus!

I'm Goatjuggler. I own a farm of "fainting goats" which I scare the bejeezus out of and proceed to pick up and juggle. So far 3 is my max. Four at a time was a disaster. (Kidding about all that, btw) My nick on the interweb used to be Goatherder based off of Eddie Murphy's fake occupation in "Coming to America" but I ran into situations where the nick had already been taken, so I pulled this out of my *ahem*.

I'm a 30 year old Software Quality Engineer in the vicinity of Harrisburg, PA with my 4th consecutive season pass for Hersheypark. They still have an awesome arcade with plenty of classics, of which I plan to take plenty of pics soon. (Rampage!)

My first experiences with gaming/computing were the TI-99/4A and the Apple IIc.
    That's where it all started. WYSIWYG on the Apple IIc anyone? I typed up all my reports in I think WordPerfect back then, and remember 1 fateful day where it locked up after ~4 pages of work lost. My sister laughed her ass off at me, so I chased her around with a knife! (I was about 10 yrs old!) I'd NEVER harm my sister, but that's what lockups used to do to people. Now it's a bit more common, meh.

I then graduated to an Atari 2600, but after that, the folks told me that video games and computers were too expensive and wouldn't get me anywhere. LULZ!

As much as I'd like to collect EVERYTHING they didn't let me have, I'd much rather have the original of all the things I DID own back then. So that's my current collecting ambition. I've matured a little bit above teenager level, so I know unpacking & playing a game I haven't played in 25 years isn't going to solve my current problems, but it certainly gives me a high that no drugs ever have, and believe me I've tried ;D.

Aside from classics, I got a launch day Wii, second-hand, a few days after launch day on a spur of the moment, and although I haven't played it much since Wii Sports, I've been messing around with Wii Homebrew and loving it. Getting back to C after ~12 years is like meeting up with an old friend with whom you've had differences in the past, but you're willing to look past that and move on. LULz! (geek, I know).

So I've got a lotta searching to do, but I love doing it and I'm hella glad there's a community like this out there for us types CHEERS!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have visited this forum several times before, but I finally decided to register This is me, in short:

Sondre, 17 years old, Vestby, Akershus, Norway, Tellus, Milky Way.

I grew up with two older brothers (and a little sister) having no more than a NES console and a, at that time, high-end laptop my dad used to take home from work. The games I played the most, were Super Mario Bros. and Super Pang! (Sachen), aswell as Mega Man IV and Street Gangs. My favourites on the computer were Day of the Tentacle, Police Quest and Kings Quest.

I started collecting video games and video game related stuff for about 5 years ago, when I found out that it would be fun to get hold of a NES and bring back some memories from my childhood. Although i started collecting about 5 years ago, I did not take the hobby "serious" until a year or two later. Other than having a huge interest in video game and video game culture, I love taking photos in my spare time. In the winter seasons, I go twin tip-ing with my friends.

My handhelds:
    Gameboy
    Gameboy Pocket
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advance
    Gameboy Advance SP
    Gameboy Micro
    Nintendo DS
    Nintendo DS Lite
    Sega GameGear
    Atari Lynx
    Sony PSP

My consoles:
    Nintendo Entertainment System
    Super Nintendo Entertainment System
    Nintendo 64
    Gamecube
    Nintendo Wii
    Sega Master System
    Sega Megadrive
    Sega Megadrive II
    Atari 2600
    Atari 2600 Jr.
    Amiga 500
    Commodore 64
    Commodore 64c
    Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k
    Philips CD-i 450
    PlayStation
    PlayStation One
    PlayStation 2
    Xbox 360

Most of the consoles are complete with box and manuals/inlays, and I do have several variants/bundles of most of them

Other than being a member here, I am currently an active forum admin for www.retro1.no. I am also registered at www.cowabunga.se.
    Last edited by Retrosondre; 05-23-2008 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default ahhhh

So I've been lurking here for a month or so and I am just getting around to registering.. gosh everyone seems so knowledgeable here..

Anyway I'm 28 from Orange County, California. Been playing games since the NES days. I'd say my favorite 3 consoles would be SNES, Dreamcast, and PSX in that order. I miss all the arcades that have disappeared in recent years, and still visit the ones that are still around in my area when I can. I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore gamer, I rarely beat the games I own. Nor am I a hardcore collector (at least compared to everyone here). I tend to think I read about games alot more than I play them. Either way, they have been my pastime and hobby for over 20 years and that is saying something. Alot of times I can hear a song on the radio and it will remind me of the game I was playing at the time... i.e. Desert level of Mario 64 is recollected when I hear "Going the Distance" by Cake; and Foo Fighter's "Everlong" always reminds me of Rage Racer.

anyway my consoles and game counts:

ps2 - 48 games and 24 psx games
    jps2 - 1 and 1 jpsx
    gamecube - 17
    xbox - 11
    dreamcast - 28
    32x - 10
    genesis - 14
    snes - 21
    nes - 33

handhelds with game counts:

psp - 5 games
    nds - 7 and 12 gba
    atari lynx - 5

Not too shabby, not too sizeable... I prefer to think of it as a "really well-balanced" collection, with a good cross-section of all the best games for each respective system. I'm always on the hunt for great "in the wild" finds, in factory-sealed or mint-condition whenever possible. I just enjoy the chase I suppose. I have an unhealthy urge toward those factory sealed games in particular, I dunno... just something -special- about de-virginizing a game.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Drixxel is my universal internet pseudonym, and I've been frequenting this site for years, mainly to reference the ever-swanky online rarity guide. I'm a fourth-year business student with the dream of starting a gaming retail haven along the lines of the DP Store. Retro gaming is a longtime passion of mine, existing alongside a love of music. The two naturally combine and I greatly enjoy composing using tracking software and NES-styled synths in an attempt to recapture the audio magic of the 8-bit age.

The sheer amount of gaming knowledge permeating this forum is staggering, and I hope I can contribute to the Digital Press community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Phénix (Phoenix), and I am 36 years old. I have three children that love videogames. One absolutely loves fighting games on my NGPC, one cannot lives without Super Smash Bros (and doesn't mind a little Spiderman GBA session from time to time), and the other has put a lot of hours into Excite Truck and Mario Kart.

I try to only collect games that I like, so my collection isn't too big, like 10-15 games per console. For the moment, the only console I would like to complete is the NGPC. I would also love to have a consolized neo geo MVS.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm Justice UK, as you can tell from my name I'm hail from across the pond.

I'm a huge game, and completely love reliving my childhood memories and continuing to enhance my gaming collection. My first system was a Commodore 64, but didn't get a proper console till I used some Chrstmas money to buy a Super Nintendo with Killer Instinct.

I found this site when searching for info regarding the JVC X'Eye just purchased. (That InsaneDavid seems to know lots on the subject)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Digital Press!

My name's Pedro/OMF2097 and I hail from beautiful Northern NJ. I found the forum back while I was serving with the military a while ago. Once I got back into the swing of civillian life, I decided to start collecting systems. My favorite systems include (but not limited to) the C64, NES, Intellevision, TG-16, Dreamcast and of course the Neo-Geo. Growing up, I was really big into Commodore 64 and moved onto PC gaming. My favorite games back then for the PC were adventure games(Sierra/Dynamix, Access, etc) and flight simulators. Thank God for shareware back then also. BBS gaming and MUD's passed the time during the 9600-14000 baud rate days.

As a big fan of arcade titles, I was always spending way too much time after school @ Electric Circuit in Bloomfield, NJ. This fueled my love for the Neo-Geo platform and hence my purchase of a Big Red cabinet this year. As for "real life", I work in the network operations department for a major cellular service provider. I've been working in the telecom field since I was 18 and currently still love it.

My love for collecting led me to the Digital Press location in Clifton, NJ. Hopefully, I'll meet more of the board members at future NAVA events. Last one was fun and I met a lot of cool people.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-----
    Last edited by Wabs; 01-12-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) NytroSkull7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NytroSkull7

Wassup!

I'm NytroSkull of the Jersey Shore. I don't call myself a serious collector, but hey i do collect games and that is all that matters! (P.S. all my systems are listed below) I am also into paintball so sadly only half my paycheck goes to this hobby. I love N64 because i grew up on it, but and also very big into NES. D.P. i love the store and have bought a system everytime i have gone. Thanx for making my day every day with this site and the support that there are people out there like me who were also anal about throwing out there boxes at age 7.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! My name is TanookiSuitSam. Or you can call me RMC. I was referenced by my friend Cryomancer to come here. I heard a lot of great things about this place, and I hope to become a active member

As for games, I like to collect NES/Famicom and Sega Genesis games. Mostly NES however, as I grew up with playing the NES. I recently started dipping into import gaming, so I'll probably be hounding around japanese games auctions for a bit.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone, my name is Nicholas and I am an avid video game collector. I am 21 as of the posting of this message and attending UTD for Computer Science. I live in the Dallas area of Texas. I've known about these forums for years and have been meaning to sign up, but I am just now getting around to it!

I have been collecting since I was 13, it all began when someone gave me an NES and no accessories or games. I commenced in going crazy collecting nes stuff, you wouldn't believe all the stuff people started giving me! Years later I pulled out the system I grew up with as a kid and had been neglecting for years: the Turbo Duo, which we traded in around our TG-16 for in '93. It didn't take me long to remember how awesome that system is! Nowadays I collect for anything and everything arcade, console, and hand held related, just no sports crap please. I also love to experiment with hardware mods/upgrades on systems. My up to date collection is listed here (more or less): http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

Oh and the old stuff beats the living hell out of all the new shovelware crap we get nowadays. Oh and I really miss gorgeous 2D graphics!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    laughing robot
    PSN
    second-monkey
    3DS Friend
    0087-3717-4240

I'm a noob here. I've dropped by on many occasions to read and browse. Finally decided to enlist. I'm really hooked on those blasts from the past, especially the SHMUPS. Love games like Crisis Force, Gun Nac, Gradius, Life Force, R-Type, Zanac, Blazing Lasers, Gyruss, Galaga, etc. I could go for a long time naming SHMUPS that I enjoy. Portable gaming is my passion and the retro consoles come in second place.
    I've been gaming for a while. Some tell me that I am too old to be playing video games, others just stare. I started playing when I was a teen, when pong was the only video gaming console you could buy. My family and I maintain a video gaming atmosphere. The family favorites are Bomberman and Bubble Bobble.
    Here at home sitting at my desk, it is cluttered with portables, game console controllers, rechargeable batteries, games, Marvel Super Herod Squad characters and a few other figurines. I seem to consider this as being normal for a gamer. Isn't it?