Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolling in dough, or cheap-o

ServBot (Level 11)
    Aboard a pirate ship, sailing towards adventure.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got more than enough money, but I'll usually cheap out and pass on anything I feel is too expensive.

It just tears me up inside to see something I want, and can EASILY afford, but I just can't bear to part with my money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am right in the middle, I've spent loads of cash just for a game, Panzer Dragoon Saga, but thats becouse I know I will play it.

Same with new games I rarely buy new games , and only do becouse I WILL play it.

Most games I try to be cheap I wont usually pay over 20 for a game that I know will have no play time.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    Gah, not Maruchan. x_x I could never eat that stuff. The flavoring is all wrong.

I go for Top Ramen. When it's on sale or I want to "splurge", I buy Cup Noodle (which we call "Cup o' Noodle") since I think it tastes better and I like the little peas and corn and stuff. My boyfriend likes these Chinese noodle bowls that cost a dollar each. They're actually pretty authentic and nice, but I don't care for how spicy they are, nor the flavors.

... yeah... I totally went off topic there. :P
    Cup Noodle is made by Maruchan, just so ya know . I go for the regular square stuff in the bag myself (only the oriental flavor, however. I am a vegetarian, and it's about the only flavor without animal fat).

Back on topic, I am normally cheap, but I do indeed make exceptions. If a new game comes out that I have been looking forward to for ages, then I may pick it up. On the other hand, I may wait. I wanted Advanced Wars 2 since the day it came out, but never got around to buying it. Yesterday, I found it in Best Buy for $10. I win!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Then they really need to put the Cup Noodle flavoring in the block packs. o_O

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    Then they really need to put the Cup Noodle flavoring in the block packs. o_O
    I concur.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tuxedojoe
    Cup Noodle is made by Maruchan, just so ya know ;) . I go for the regular square stuff in the bag myself (only the oriental flavor, however. I am a vegetarian, and it's about the only flavor without animal fat).
    Baha, your loss! Oh wait, that wasn't appropriate. Still...no fish? I would go crazy if I had to eat that pickled stuff... o_O Sushi and sashimi = where it's at. Imo.

Thanks for the info by the way :)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cheap - more money for more games!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOW! We sure do have a lot of cheapass people on this board. Although, everybody has the right to delegate their funds in whatever way they deem appropriate. Myself, I waver back and forth between being frugal and more free with my money. This is mostly due to me being a flat broke college student working a shitty part-time job to pay for tuition, books and a car payment. Otherwise I would probably buy more expensive items more frequently than I do now.

I basically evaluate each game (or whatever else I am looking at buying) on the level of enjoyment I will be getting out of it. If I have been anticipating a game for a while, such was the case with Halo 2 and Resident Evil 4, I will buy them when they come out. I actually bought both of these Special Editions and didn't really bat an eye at the cost I was paying for them. Keeping with that same line of reasoning, I will wait for games I have less interest in to come down in price and pick them up later (like I recently did for Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes). Other times, I'll just find a good deal on ebay and can't pass it up. Such as when I found a sealed copy of Deathrow for Xbox for 6 bucks! It's all relative. Right now, I am cheap out of necessity. Overall, I am not a cheap person.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cheap-O!

I have more than enough quality games to keep me entertained for life, so it's all about the collecting for me. Quantity = only buy the cheap stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can never afford games... but I get them anyway, usually regardless if it's a good deal or not (I collect just NES, and if I don't have it... I want it!)

So I'm always broke or owing a friend or family member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

I guess I'm in the middle. I've been paring down my collection to go for quality instead of quantity/completeness.

I try to avoid buying current games at full price, knowing full well they'll be $20 or less sooner or later. I did just pick up Suikoden IV though as well as a DS. Still haven't picked up an Xbox and at this point I figure I'll hold out for another price drop.

I have thrown too much money at classic and Neo Geo MVS games, particularly in the past when I was single and making "dotcom" money. :P

I guess it comes down to budgeting and not spending more than you can afford/justify to your significant other!

Cheers,
    Ben
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It really depends on what I am buying. When it comes to most games I am a cheapo, and hate paying more than $3 a cart for common NES games, but I also would drop some seroius cash on items that I think I won't find again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm another committed cheapskate. Unless something is *ultra* rare, I'd much rather wait and pick up a cheaper one later.
    I'm currently 4 games away from a complete Euro SMS collection (280 titles) and there's less than a dozen that I've paid more than £10 for, and only 1 (Smurfs 2) that I've paid more than £16 for. The 4 games I still need aren't *that* rare, but often get relatively pricey, so I'm just waiting for cheapish copies to appear.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Id say im both.

I pay full price for new current-gen games & interesting imports yet, Im really tight when it comes to retro stuff as i know in the back of my mind i'll get this game in the wild dirt cheap someday.. Very odd..

Joe.
    Xbox Live Tag - GunstarHeroUK

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Oh man, talk about cheap! I'm as cheap as they come, just ask anyone that's dealt with me online.

Thing is, I don't like spending ANYTHING, but I always want more more more! But if something comes along that's a great deal, I'll plop down the cash.

I actually spend a lot more if it's in my face, like at the markets and thrifts, that's when I get really hurt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    Im so poor I cant affiord to pay attention.

"5 dollars for this sealed Final Fantasy II!? Ill give you 3 bux."
    I do stuff like that all the time. Why pay 5 when you can pay 3.

The funny thing is, I am on both ends in a way. I will buy new games now if I want them. I always check blockbuster first though. I bought tony hawk underground 2 for 45 and was happy that i saved 5 on it. i usually don't buy new games.

when it comes to old games, hell man, the cheaper the better. even if i want the game bad, i won't throw down alot of money. hell, there are not many other games i feel i need anyway, just a buttload of games i really want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

for the most part i am a cheapo. but i have plunked down serious $ on some games that i wanted badly to play, as well as have them in my collection :P