Thread: Help with an international seller...

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Default Help with an international seller...

So.

Chainsaw_Charlie's thread about "waiting and waiting", got me to thinking: I'm still waiting on a game that I won Dec. 19th. Thing is, the seller is based in Hong Kong. Now I know that this would take longer to ship than from someone in the continental US, but a month is stretching it. I tried e-mailing the seller about 3 weeks after the auction, and he replied with, "Ok, I will go check it!" He never responded back. I tried e-mailing him again a few days ago. This time, he didn't even respond. And the seller himself has had about 98.9% with 800+ feedback, so it's not like he's been flagrantly bad.

So, what should I do? Cry "wolf", or wait it out a bit longer?

Thanks for any help.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Help with an international seller...

Quote Originally Posted by Gapporin
    So.

Chainsaw_Charlie's thread about "waiting and waiting", got me to thinking: I'm still waiting on a game that I won Dec. 19th. Thing is, the seller is based in Hong Kong. Now I know that this would take longer to ship than from someone in the continental US, but a month is stretching it. I tried e-mailing the seller about 3 weeks after the auction, and he replied with, "Ok, I will go check it!" He never responded back. I tried e-mailing him again a few days ago. This time, he didn't even respond. And the seller himself has had about 98.9% with 800+ feedback, so it's not like he's been flagrantly bad.

So, what should I do? Cry "wolf", or wait it out a bit longer?

Thanks for any help.
    shipping from hong kong can take a while, have you got a link to the auction and/ or the sellers feedback history?
    It is pitch black. If you continue you are likely to be eaten by a grue.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would be very concerned too, but keep in mind the Tsunami seems to have slowed down all shipments coming out of the coastal regions of Asia, including those that aren't really anywhere near the affected areas. It seems to be alot easier to get shipments into Asia than it does to get shipments out of Asia right now. This makes alot of sense too, because the priority is to get what's needed to where it needs to go within the affected areas, not to get stuff that isn't an absolute priority out of Asia as quickly as possible. All of my orders from various parts of Asia have been taking a week or more longer than usual, so there's probably nothing to worry about. Customs is just extremely overwhelmed with donations and supplies coming in right now, so they aren't placing a very high priority on processing shipments that are going out at this time, the high priority is processing what's coming in.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Depends what shipping method you paid for. If you paid for surface mail it will probably take a month or two to arrive.

If you paid for airmail or or some form of expedited shipping then I'd be worried.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Here's the auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Here's the feedback history:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...=STRK:MEWA:SFS

If you look at his feedback, you'll notice that people who's auctions had ended later than mine still got their item before me, and gave him good feedback.

It's not like I paid a fortune for this, but still, it's $10 I'd rather not waste instead of it going towards something else. I did pay for airmail (at least, that's what he said it would cost for airmail). I'll buy Iron's theory about the tsunami, but still, if they would've sent it right away, it was a long time before the tsunami.

I don't know, this whole thing seems like an anomaly to me.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."