Thread: My DS Carts are getting Wear Marks?????

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My DS Carts are getting Wear Marks?????

Hello all:

I have had a DS for a few months now and have been using it pretty much daily(an hour here and there). Tonight I opened my case and the DS cart was popped out. It looks like the spring loader must have got bumped and the little chip/cart(Zookeeper) was halfway out of the system. No biggie, I just pop it back in and try and get it back out. It pops out smooth but just as its almost out it takes a little more effort to pull it out. It feels snagged just a little bit. So I inspect the inside of the DS and the little metal sleeve in the well for the carts/chips seems to be separated off the plastic of the DS just a little tiny bit. When you're looking down at the DS cart this would be the label side of the well.

The system works fine. Everything boots up proper. The only problem is the Cart/Chip seems to have wear spots on the label side in the middle of the bottom(this is on the plastic). It looks like a well used credit card or an old turbographics HUcard(which has been pulled out of the system too many times). I checked my other carts/chips and Mr Driller has some of these same little marks on each side of the little triangle marker.

Is this happening to anyone else? Am I just being to anal retentive about normal wear and tear? Please check if your system matches up to the description above. Does anyone else have marks on their cards/carts/chips?
    Oh yeah and somewhat related what do we call DS games? Are they carts/chips/cards? Thanks, Moses :/ :/ :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

well upon inspecting mine, i see some wear to the left of the triangle on the front, as well as some wear in the top right corner on the back. i also noticed my mario ds label was crooked O_o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not mine. None of my cards have any marks on them and go in and out of the system smoothly.