Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random Game O' the Day: Indiana Jones ToD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell
    That part in the last level where you have to walk across the lava monsters to get to the stones will forever remain in my memory as one of the most challenging things I've ever tried to do in video games. It's tough because you pretty much have to go through the entire game without skipping waves to have enough weapons to do it successfully. I've never actually done it myself, but I've seen it done.
    That's wave 9 (of 12). As difficult as that level is, level 10 is exponentially more difficult. After completing wave 9, you go to a map screen where you get to shake your head in bewilderment while continously going "WTF man, WTF". Then once you leave the map and start the level, you can NEVER SEE THE MAP AGAIN!. And if you die on Wave 10, you lose ALL 3 Sankara Stones and must arduously try to recover them (if you can find their 3 separate locations in one life) THEN find the secret door (if you made sense of the map). And the door's location only shows on the screen if you got an impossible to find hidden item in an earlier wave. Oh, and this level is divided up into 6 screens that you have to somehow navigate through using the random warp doors.

If you manage to finally beat this toughest level in gaming history, you will no doubt die on wave 11 which, isn't that easy itself.

*Whew*
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Spent many quarters playing this in the arcade when I was a kid, and still enjoy playing it on MAME. The NES versions, they try to capture the arcade feel but fall short.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)