4) Donkey Kong
    5) Battletoads and Double Dragon

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine are:

1. The Legend of Zelda (because it's Zelda)
    2. Super Mario Bros. 3 (because it's one of the best games ever)
    3. TMNT II: The Arcade Game (because of the awesome co-op)
    4. Tecmo Bowl (because watching which buttons your friend is pushing during play calling so you can stop their play is so much fun)
    5. Super Mario Bros. (because it is THE classic game)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

M T Punch-Out
    Zelda
    Double Dribble
    Contra
    SMB 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My top 5:
    SMB3
    Zelda
    Contra
    Super Dodgeball
    Castlevania 3

Honorable Mention:
    lifeforce / salamander
    megaman 2
    punch out
    metal gear
    double dragon 2
    ninja gaiden 2
    __________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In no particular order:

Life Force
    This is my favourite game on the NES ever. I would even say it's one of the best shooters ever, even if it's on an old system. The graphics were amazing and I was always fascinated that the levels showed different bodyparts. The music is also better than on any other NES game. I really love the melodies in all the levels and I start smileing as soon as I hear one of the tracks. I've finished the game uncountable times, first with the legendray Konami code and later only with the normal stock of lives. This game alone is worth getting a NES!

Fester's Quest
    Another game I've finished several times. The graphics are ok but it's mainly the gameplay that got me hocked. Exploring the city and the sewers, shooting monsters and aliens and picking up items is so addictable I would definitely buy a sequel on the new consoles. I really like the Adams Family series and it was also fun to meet the different family members. Even more I like aliens and when I first saw that you could enter a space ship in the last level I was salivating.

Castlevania
    I haven't been able to finish it and I also lost my original boxed game. Thanks good there is a version on the GBA. This was one of my first NES games and I totally love it. The whole castle/vampire environmet just fits me and the gaemplay is also great. Sidescrolling platformer with killing monsters and collecting hearts and gold. Together with Castlevania SotN this game is the best of the whole Castlevania series.

RC Pro AM
    One of the best racers on the NES (Bigfoot also rocks btw!). The gameplay is simple: race your car in a viewed from above circiut against several opponents, trying to avoid oil puddles and get new records. I never owned this game myself but as soon as it crosses my hands I'll buy it.

Bubble Bobble
    I still remember the day I've finished this game. Me and a friend spent a whole Sunday in front of the TV to beat that little sucker. Going trough all the levels was one thing, but then beating the last boss was another. To really finish the game and the get final end sequence both dragons had to be alive. That was the real tricky part and we sure spent more than an hour to stay alive both. Finally we were able to beat the boss and we really felt like kings. I still think this is very unfair. I mean what do people do without a partner for playing videogames? They will never be able to complete the game. Poor fellows... Anyway, been there, done that...
    http://www.discogs.com/user/Tatsu>My vinyl and CD collection

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1 Probotector, played this euro version of Contra always at the toy-store, sadly you could only play till the second level beore the system restarted.

2 Faxandu, great memories to this game, my first adventure game

3 Popeye, cheap but great arcade style gameplay, only a lot easier and more crappy graphics

4 Lolo, got it for my 9th birthday and played all the games released later

5 Super Mario Bros 3, peaks for itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Regarding Bubble Bobble:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu
    I still think this is very unfair. I mean what do people do without a partner for playing videogames? They will never be able to complete the game. Poor fellows... Anyway, been there, done that...
    Just press start once the big guy is in a bubble. Then hit select and one of your reserve dinos will become a living player two. Then unpause and pop the big bubble and you will see the magic of....

This is Happy End!
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe not the best 5, but my favorites are

Ninja Gaiden
    Castlevania 2
    Zelda 2
    Metroid
    Mega Man 2

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Metal Gear
    2. Adventures of Link
    3. Willow
    4. Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
    5. The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle

This was a pretty hard decision. I have so many favorites on the NES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    Regarding Bubble Bobble:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu
    I still think this is very unfair. I mean what do people do without a partner for playing videogames? They will never be able to complete the game. Poor fellows... Anyway, been there, done that...
    Just press start once the big guy is in a bubble. Then hit select and one of your reserve dinos will become a living player two. Then unpause and pop the big bubble and you will see the magic of....

This is Happy End!
    Man, this sounds so logical and easy. I could bite myself for not thinking about it!!!! But the game is still more for two players. I remember at least one level near the end where you need to help each other to reach the enemies (one dragon had to make the bubbles and the other had to climb then) but maybe there's also an easy solution for that. Thanks for the info anyway!

Besides that there's a game I absolutely forgot but that should also be in my top 5: Probotector. What a great game and I didn't think about it. I replace Bubble Bobble with Probotector right now in my list.
    http://www.discogs.com/user/Tatsu>My vinyl and CD collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Picking five is too hard. So here's 10:

10: Baseball Stars (SNK/1989) This is clearly the best baseball game I ever played on my NES. From naming your own team and players (and saving it, too!) to great graphics, it's all here. What fun!

9: Metal Gear (Ultra/1988) This is a Rambo-type game where you must infiltrate a few buildings, shoot just about anything that moves, and take orders from your commander via a transceiver. Real cool, but a little easy.

8: Castlevania II (Konami/1988) You have been cursed and the only way to be cured is to find pieces of the deceased Count's body and put it back together. Eww! This time it's a password game, you talk to towns-people, and get many different weapons.

7: Mega Man (Capcom/1987) Great "fun-type" game. You're a good android who must defeat comical robots created by the evil Dr. Wily. After you beat each robot boss, you take their weapons!

6: Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Nintendo/1987) This is a game so great I actually got up extra early (as a freshman in high school) just so I could play before school. While the NES didn't have the hardware to make the player transparent like the arcade game (instead, it made you a 17 year old midget named Little Mac), words cannot describe how much fun I had with this game. Afterall, who could forget such comical characters such as Bald Bull, Super Macho Man, and (my personal favorite) King Hippo?

5: Castlevania (Konami/1987) Great game in which you must hunt down and destroy legendary monsters like Medusa, The Grim Reaper, and most of all, Count Dracula. This game has perhaps the hardest last boss in video game history (Dracula and his ghost).

4: The Goonies II (Konami/1987) I love the movie and I love the game, which is the sequel to the original Goonies that never made it to the US (Konami, you've been bad!). I think it's highly under-rated, and don't understand why it's not loved and adored by all. This password/adventure game is awesome.

3: Rygar (Tecmo/1987) This game isn't even remotely like the 1986 Tecmo arcade game, but that's just fine, since in my opinion it's far better (except in graphics). You're a warrior with an effective weapon that looks like a punching balloon. Slightly too easy, but this adventure game is a masterpiece. Awesome music too.

2: Metroid (Nintendo/1987) How much more awesome can you get? You must single-handedly destroy all the weird space creatures and save the universe. All you're wearing is a spacesuit, and you get great weapons (perhaps the best in video game history). Beat the game real quick and it'll reveal your true identity. I just wish you could have saved the game instead of writing down the long password, but even that gave me many memories with my friends.

1: The Legend Of Zelda (Nintendo/1987) Superb game which made Nintendo a major force in the video gaming industry. This is an overhead action/RPG (though not a true RPG) game where you fight with a sword (and other weapons) outdoors and in creepy labyrinths. It was also the first NES game to sell 1 million + copies. Simply magnificent.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Castlevania III- my favorite nes version of my favorite series,very good music and visuals for the system,playing as multiple characters is cool

Contra-The first one is still my favorite(though III comes close). Also some of the best music/graphics on the system and very fun to play with or without the code,by yourself or multiplayer.

Super Mario Bros 3-the best Mario game on the system in my opinion(though super mario world beats it out for my favorite one ever). This was such an innovative game at the time with it's huge world and all. I played it all the time as a kid too,so I suppose it has some sentimental value to me.

Arkanoid
    Final Fantasy
    Legend of Zelda
    Blades of steel

I'm not writing anything about these last 4 games because it's 5 in the morning and i'm going to sleep. And I know there's 7 games but I love them all and don't want to knock any of them off the list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Super Mario Brothers
    2. Super Mario Brothers 3
    3. Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II
    4. Legion of Diamonds
    5. Legend of Zelda

But really I could list 10 of these type lists because I have so many favorite NES games

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PSP and 3DS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow, only five? I'm up to the challenge!

If the topic included Famicom games, I would definitely bump Getfusuu Ma Den and Splatterhouse onto the list, possibly at #2 and #1

Metal Storm
    Contra/Probotector (so long as it's playing at the US speed)
    Super C/Probotector 2: Return of Alien Forces (like the P2 graphics better!)
    Castlevania
    Castlevania III

Honorable Mention: Fire 'n Ice (JP version is much improved, with a step-backwards feature; still a great game though)