Thread: Saturn Netlink.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Saturn Netlink.

Anybody still use this? I picked one up recently with Duke 3D and just wondered if there was anybody out there that still played with this thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't own a Saturn netlink but the following is a TRUE story:

7-20-99

The Saturn Changed My Life -- No, Really

Here's a little history of my Sega Saturn and how it changed my life. My Saturn has been at over 10 different homes I have lived at in 5 different cities in 4 different states in the course of four years.

*Thanks to my Sega Saturn NetLink, I was able to move away from Hawaii to save myself from being homeless thanks to a good person I knew from the Sega Saturn NetLink IRC chat server who paid my way to Ozark, Missouri (of course I paid him back) where I lived for six months.

*Thanks to my Sega Saturn NetLink, I was able to meet three different sets of roommates (one roommate who ended up saving me from being homeless) and lived at three different apartments in Springfield, Missouri where I lived at for another six months.

*Thanks to my Sega Saturn NetLink, I met a girl in the Sega Saturn Netlink IRC chat server (no, I wasn't gonna go steady with her, we were just friends) who lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma who let me come live with her. Then I ended up meeting her uncle at a Christmas party and he ends up being the vice president of the Bank of Oklahoma where he actually hired me with no questions asked as a Data Entry Remittance Clerk getting paid $7 an hour.

*Thanks to my Sega Saturn NetLink, I was able to finally meet my future wife (we're getting married at the end of this year), the mother of my child (she's a month pregnant), and the love of my life after knowing her off of the Sega Saturn NetLink IRC chat server for almost 2 years.

*Thanks to my Sega Saturn NetLink I was able to move to Cincinatti, Ohio and finally get an apartment with the love of my life.

*Thanks to my Sega Saturn NetLink, I was able to attend a party in Cincinnati, Ohio of whom over a dozen people attended where I got to meet my best buddies that I knew online that I met using my Sega Saturn NetLink to IRC chat.

And finally, thanks to my Sega Saturn NetLink, I was able to live the experience of a lifetime for the past two years, meet dozens of great and not so great people, mature a lot, live in many different cities, find out that internet romances can actually work (me and Jeanette have been actually living together for six months now, not counting the two years we knew each other from the Sega Saturn Netlink IRC chat server), have a child, and get married.

Never would I have thought that a videogame system would change my life in such a way. Isn't that funny? A videogame system? I mean, who would of thought that a videogame system could change and improve one's life this much? Anyways, this was just my story that I needed to share with you all about how my Sega Saturn changed my life and how it helped me started a new and better life.
    -James Stevens

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To the best of my knowledge (& i forget which forum I learned this from) you can still directly dial another Netlink user which is great if it's local, but if it's long distance, then the dialer is stuck w/the long distance charge. I want to try this soon though with Virtual On since I know another local Saturn owner w/a Netlink.
    I had a lovers quarrel with the world.
    -Robert Frost