Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PentiumMMX View Post
    - Any of the Phantasy Star Online games
    'round these parts, PSO III is a bitch to find as well. About a year or two ago I stumbled on a beat up copy at EB Games for $20 or $30 and passed on it and it wasn't until about 2 weeks ago that I found another one. Turned it up at GameRush for $10 in spiffy condition (odd, because most games there are in crap condition and/or missing their manuals)

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Again must be a regional thing... Chicago land was swimming in PSO III while the Cube was still well stocked on the shelves.

Insert Coin (Level 0) eternalblue81's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PSO III seems rather uncommon, but periodically shows up at random Gamestops in my area. Once in a great while I'll see Phantasy Star Episode I & II. The hardest to find GCN Phantasy Star has got to be Phantasy Star Episode I & II Plus. I haven't seen that one since they sold out of new copies when it first came out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

I have said it in one thread and I will say it in this one again. I think Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix is one of the rarest. I saw it the day it came out(everywhere around here sold out of pre orders). I saw it again when it was reprinted(1 copy 1 place). and about a year ago I found a copy at Toys R Us my friend who worked there said it was in the back for a while and they found it. I also saw 1 used copy. Of course I own 3 copys now(1 sealed) but I think it is def one of the hardest to find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xfrumx View Post
    I have said it in one thread and I will say it in this one again. I think Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix is one of the rarest. I saw it the day it came out(everywhere around here sold out of pre orders). I saw it again when it was reprinted(1 copy 1 place). and about a year ago I found a copy at Toys R Us my friend who worked there said it was in the back for a while and they found it. I also saw 1 used copy. Of course I own 3 copys now(1 sealed) but I think it is def one of the hardest to find.
    There are craptons available on ebay, and loose discs are available everywhere. It will get harder and harder to find a complete set as time goes by. Since the reprint, this is merely uncommon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seems hard enough to get one new in the box for the original full price or less, dang it. Still hoping to find one...
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I had my wife drive around buying them when it was first discontinued. We got 9 of them I think. We debating holding or selling but quickly sold once we found out about another shipment. Well we got some of those as well and re-sold them. They were out of print back in print more than once. However I did notice that the boxes were different from the 1st and all later runs. I'm guessing the 1st print run boxes will one day command a premium. Right now no one cares.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Just grabbed a WW/MP combo off eBay last night for $43... not too bad I guess, just randomly decided to search for it yesterday and there was one about to finish. Missing the WW manual but if needs be I can order that from the Nintendo store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Just grabbed a WW/MP combo off eBay last night for $43... not too bad I guess, just randomly decided to search for it yesterday and there was one about to finish. Missing the WW manual but if needs be I can order that from the Nintendo store.
    Just wondering what did you search for when you were looking for it?

I can never seem to find it on ebay

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I think you guys are getting screwed. I got my combo from Gamestop for the combined cost of a used Wind Waker and a used Metroid Prime (about $18). Granted, mine didn't come with any paperwork but that's not exactly hard to replace since they're just the standard manuals. Being that the game was a pack-in it's probably not that rare and since the contents aren't any different than what comes with Prime or Wind Waker separately...that's over $20 for an insert and double disc case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    I had my wife drive around buying them when it was first discontinued. We got 9 of them I think. We debating holding or selling but quickly sold once we found out about another shipment. Well we got some of those as well and re-sold them. They were out of print back in print more than once. However I did notice that the boxes were different from the 1st and all later runs. I'm guessing the 1st print run boxes will one day command a premium. Right now no one cares.
    What is the differences on the boxes? I will have to look at mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

What is the differences on the boxes? I will have to look at mine
    I don't remeber as I no longer have ANY copies. I would imagine looking at a few ebay auctions will reveal it. The picture is different. I think Mario has 2 different poses.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i dont think their super rare and i dont know if they havent been mension because i only read this last page but Odama and the Pacmanworld2/Pacman Vs. combo (even though its a best seller) would be rather un common, especially the pacman vs. only being in the BS version which doesent seem to have been printed very much