Thread: Another bad EB experience, but this time it got better....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Another bad EB experience, but this time it got better....

My story:

I originally purchased a N-Gage QD at the EB Games in Willowbrook Mall, Wayne NJ. I paid outright in cash. The employees were pretty rude from the point I entered the store to final purchase, but I didn't really worry about it. This is the only place (EB that is) that is still carrying the N-Gage around here (except for cell stores that want a massive deposit) so I had to go with them even tho I have had bad experiences with them in the past.

So, I buy the thing and bring it home. It seemed odd because the dummy sim card was already in the system. Then it became clear. The system was used and then resold to me new...for $199.99. That just ticked me off.

Ok, Now I am going to return it. I figured I would not return it to that location and get it swapped out at another EB Games. I then go to the EB in the Preakness Shopping Center in Wayne, NJ. I now get that one swapped out for a new one.

I didn't get the chance to test the new one fully until I came home from work today. I played around with some things, and then ended up playing a game with a dark background screen. What do I see but a dead pixel. God damnit. Now I need to exchange it again. So I dig out my receipt and take a look at it. I was shocked. I originally paid in cash and my receipt prior to exchanging it at that EB in Preakness said that. After the nasty manager there (by the name of "Hong") authorized my exchange, he had the nerve to change my payment type on the receipt to "Gift Card". I did not pay with a gift card, but that is what it read.

I called them and spoke with the store manager for quite awhile. Cocky prick (pardon my french), and could not specifically explain why the payment status was changed on the receipt. All he could say is "Well, it doesn't matter what it says because you wouldn't be able to get a refund on open merchandise". That is not the point moron. Th point is I paid in cash and my receipt does not reflect that. Needless to say I am contacting the corporate office in the morning to complain.

I brought my receipt and system to the Garden State Plaza Mall to exchange, yet for a third time. I was astounded. The manager there was such a nice guy. Let me test the new one and verify that there were no dead pixels, let me purchase the extended warranty that I did not do previously, and gave me a "not for sale" SSX game card.

I have had nothing but horrible experiences with EB for a long time now. I think the last good experience I have had with them prior to tonight is when I purchased my TG16...and that was some time ago.

I guess it's just who's working there and their personality and attitude. I don't like EB as a whole still, but if I require something they only sell in the future I will surely go to the Garden State Mall and visit that store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I find with any sales/customer service it's just who you talk to. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be strict enough standards as to policies and conduct! I've had bad experience with their cocky attitude also at EB, all nice and kiss ass when your buying but the moment you have a problem it's a total turn around, I understand policies but I believe in receiving value for my money and good customer service regardless of what I am doing. Anyway, sometimes you just gotta be a little pushy and put your foot down! It's our dollars that make their business!
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Lookit this way: it depends on who's the manager. If the manager is a prick, he might tend to hire just anybody with little regard to whether his employees should even be working in retail in the first place or not.

If the manager's a competent one, he'll choose more carefully the people he'll hire, and he'll also tend to keep the same employees longer. I'd say take note of that third EBGames store and go to this one instead of the other 2, at least until your experience changes (ie. new manager).

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never had bad experiences there. Actually, the managers and employees get mad at ME, because I know about games more than they do, and I LOVE to point that out in front of customers.