Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please help! SNES appraisal - International Superstar Soccer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No problem, I will remember all offers Thanks for your help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'v mentioned this a few times in the past regarding ISS, I read a story a few years back, the guy being interviewed was head of Konami in Mexico, he and his team had to choose which title they were gunna release, it was either pop 'n' twin bee or ISS.

Since soccer is huge in mexico it got a mexican release. pop 'n' twin bee didn't, and neither got a US release, which in my mind is just f*ckin crazy both games are great, when i see some of the shit snes titles that got to be released, compared to the great games that didn't it hurts..

I'm not saying that suppafly's pic is official.. ( though it does look official ) but you'd need to see it up close to prove it's genuine.

Also follow these links and see what ya think, ISS is out there (in mexico) but there are alot of bootlegs too.

link one

Link Two

..XS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry for the double post, but suppafly could you tell "us" about the cart and the cart code, is the code on the box and manual the same as the code on the cart? also is the cart label glossy or dull?

..XS

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The glossy is the killer. All of those South American releases look like that, almost bootlegged like the late Majesco releases.

My offer of $50 is pretty good for that game, and I also offer $25 boxed for each Dragon Ball SNES game as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

8. Please limit your topics to BUYING and SELLING items only. Asking questions of an item's worth or what a good price for an item doesn't really belong here. These type of questions should be posted in the video game forum (or ebay insanity if you see it on there. ) The only exception to this is an attempt to resolve a deal here. (ie. the orochi where are you? thread)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ISSD is the best soccer game from the 16 bit era, and that includes the Genesis.

I think that 50 for the game is a bit too much, Iīve seen it selling for about 15$ complete, but the European one, where itīs a lot more common.
    Step Back! This is my blast shot!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The game runs for about $11 with box on Brazilian auctions. $50 is more than fair for that game and trouble to ship it to the USA, I am being extremely generous. Also, why is that game not considered a bonafide release, but ISS 2000 is? Both are not on the official Nintendo list?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damon Plus
    ISSD is the best soccer game from the 16 bit era, and that includes the Genesis.

I think that 50 for the game is a bit too much, Iīve seen it selling for about 15$ complete, but the European one, where itīs a lot more common.
    It is so the best 16-bit soccer game. Even better than the Neo Geo ones.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    Also, why is that game not considered a bonafide release, but ISS 2000 is? Both are not on the official Nintendo list?
    Ask the N64 editor. We stand by our stance that this, ISS, and Super Copa are not US releases until proven otherwise.

dave

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Portnoyd, I am confused, there are two SNES soccer games for ISS? Also, what the heck is Super Copa?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are two: International Superstar Soccer and International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (a worthy upgrade, not like today sports games). I think that Super Copa is a Brazilian version of ISSD with the teams of that country.

And to 16-bit, notice I said 16-bit era. The Neo Geo was included in there. I said the Genesis because generally the Fifa series is considered the best, but itīs not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    Also, why is that game not considered a bonafide release, but ISS 2000 is? Both are not on the official Nintendo list?
    Ask the N64 editor. We stand by our stance that this, ISS, and Super Copa are not US releases until proven otherwise.

dave
    ignore my post... just the usual rant...
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would suggest that it is not worth more than $15, as I said when you messaged me on IRC. For instance, Chavez II can be had complete for less than $15, and I imagine it is just as rare. I imagine Chavez II isn't as rare as is suggested, but that the majority of the carts are in Mexico. Nintendo has it on their official release list, and the back of the box does state "for sale in the US, Canada, and Mexico only", though it likely was never distributed outside of Mexico.

As for the DBZ games, I could almost guarantee they are pirates (look at my site for a few of them).
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still haev not recived an answer to the whole ISS Soccer thing. Are there TWO carts with BOXES that were released in Mexico/S.America called INternational Superstar Soccer, and a SEPARATE ONE called International Superstar Soccer DELUXE?

I don't think Chavez II is worth "only" $15 complete, that's a tough one to find complete regardless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

these exist:

International Superstar Soccer
    International Superstar Soccer Deluxe
    Super Copa

hope that helps, no 2 ISS...
    -Jan

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now comes my second question of note, and most important since it directly points at portnoyd and DNG's list of SNES games.

Of those three games, which ones CONTAIN the US ESRB rating? That is the determining factor for a game to be released within our region, whether it be Mexico, USA, Canada; etc.

I notice the first ISS contains it according to this photo, which would constitute it being a US/Canada/Latin America release regardless of it even being LISTED on the SNES list. This is too similar to ISS 2000 for N64 which undergoes the same problem. ISS for SNES was FOR SALE in the United States, and distributed from other places. The area I live in is heavily into soccer games. Even GameDude sold the thing at one point. I would not say ISS and ISS2000 were common by any means, but they were both available in the Los Angeles region at one time or another.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Portnoyd, I am confused, there are two SNES soccer games for ISS? Also, what the heck is Super Copa?
    ISS, ISS Deluxe, and Super Copa. Could have sworn there were two ISS titles for mexiSNES. Will the almighty ENORMIS drop in and clarify?

Super Copa. More of the same. Soccer, US lookin' cart, only released to South and Even More South of the Border.

There was supposed to be an entry in DPA about all three, but a snafu left them on the cutting room floor. My smart ass said 'let's put them in Non-US releases, as that's what they are believed to be', and then Non-US releases (read: Superfami) got the print axe... didn't realize that those three would go with 'em.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok in the UK.... International superstar soccer was the 1st ISS game, then a year later ISS:deluxe was released in esence it's like mario 1 and then mario 2 it's just the sequel!

They got released everywhere except the US... frickin crazy!!

And i'm sure you all know the snes ISS started off konami on the road to were we are today! Pro EVo soccer 4.. or in japan "winning eleven 8"

..XS

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Of those three games, which ones CONTAIN the US ESRB rating? That is the determining factor for a game to be released within our region, whether it be Mexico, USA, Canada; etc.
    I've seen Super Copa before, but I'll be damned if I can remember the label right now.

I notice the first ISS contains it according to this photo, which would constitute it being a US/Canada/Latin America release regardless of it even being LISTED on the SNES list. This is too similar to ISS 2000 for N64 which undergoes the same problem. ISS for SNES was FOR SALE in the United States, and distributed from other places. The area I live in is heavily into soccer games. Even GameDude sold the thing at one point. I would not say ISS and ISS2000 were common by any means, but they were both available in the Los Angeles region at one time or another.
    Ok. Go to Michigan. Find this game for sale. (No cheating!) Then maybe we'll make it a US release.

There is a reason the area you live in is heavily into soccer games. You do know you live 2 hours north of the Mexico border, right?

Note the bold. Distributed from say... south of the border? Maybe some copies leaked northward? Can you ask where GameDude got those games?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damon Plus
    There are two: International Superstar Soccer and International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (a worthy upgrade, not like today sports games). I think that Super Copa is a Brazilian version of ISSD with the teams of that country.

And to 16-bit, notice I said 16-bit era. The Neo Geo was included in there. I said the Genesis because generally the Fifa series is considered the best, but itīs not.
    Has anyone seen this post? Why is everyone asking about how many ISS games exist?