Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please help! SNES appraisal - International Superstar Soccer

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

portnoyd, I know I'm pretty close to Mexico, and we have a large Hispanic influence even on buying/selling stuff downtown. However, the ESRB rating is a HUGE factor for it to be a bonafide North American release I would think. I know you might not see that game in Michigan, but it's similar to saying Mr. Pants was released in the USA based on box/art, ESRB, and it was only sold in Canada. I would say this has to be accounted for no matter how you look at it. I contacted Konami USA and Nintendo USA and I am awaiting word from them. Lots of games for other systems have weird territorial releases. hell, Cheetahmen II NEVER came out, but we treat that as released.

DAMON: I am asking how many of these games EXIST WITH THE ESRB RATING.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I already knew you were asking for the ESRB rating. It´s only that I explained there were 2 ISS games with 1 variant and there were still people asking how many exist, I apologize for that.
    Step Back! This is my blast shot!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    portnoyd, I know I'm pretty close to Mexico, and we have a large Hispanic influence even on buying/selling stuff downtown. However, the ESRB rating is a HUGE factor for it to be a bonafide North American release I would think. I know you might not see that game in Michigan, but it's similar to saying Mr. Pants was released in the USA based on box/art, ESRB, and it was only sold in Canada. I would say this has to be accounted for no matter how you look at it. I contacted Konami USA and Nintendo USA and I am awaiting word from them. Lots of games for other systems have weird territorial releases. hell, Cheetahmen II NEVER came out, but we treat that as released.
    In addition the the ESRB rating, if the part #'s are -USA that would also be a determining factor. It's Mr Pants is proving to be a problem for the GBA list since the part number I've seen is a -USA number, so is it a Non-US release or not?

Cheetahmen II isn't really a good example to compare it to. While it wasn't released by Active Enterprises, it was manufactured in the US and wholesaled by the manufacturer.

-Mike

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mr. Pants is strictly Canada with a North American release box. There's not too many of them in general, and it is going to be one of the rarest GBA games out there in the long run. a US release is NOT going to happen it looks like, though it's pretty easy now to get it while you still can. AS soon as someone skews those ISS numbers, we'll know for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

*Edited* sorry i screwed up somehow.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ISS Deluxe- I have only seen a UK version, if a Mexico release exists we will need proof

ISS - UK / Mexico

Chavez 2 - US / Mexico

Super Copa - Latin America Only

Mr. Pants is strictly Canada with a North American release box. There's not too many of them in general, and it is going to be one of the rarest GBA games out there in the long run. a US release is NOT going to happen it looks like, though it's pretty easy now to get it while you still can. AS soon as someone skews those ISS numbers, we'll know for sure.
    Port and Myself did the US release list. The foreign release lists were supplemented by others. ISS Mexico version will definitely be added to next list, but not to U.S. Releases as the section is titled.

Even though it may have an ESRB rating and a possible USA part number. It is in the same boat as Mr Pants, a release was most likely scheduled. But never happened. So in this grey area of releases. the deciding factor is: was this title available to US retailers as an option to sale in retail outlets (other than importing)? The current answer is no, unless Konami replies with something otherwise

*Edit- Reviewing the original SNES List we had entries for ISS and Super Copa games, but they were cut for space constraints

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DNG, thanks for that info. I understand waht you mean about the ISS "not" being a US release, but I think if proven to be original, it should be listed as such released in Mexico, but on the US released games list just because of the whole Mr. Pants, Iss2000 thing. ESRB is for sure, part number is needed, but suppafly seems to be holding on to it as if it is the holy graiil as of late!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G
    ISS Deluxe- I have only seen a UK version, if a Mexico release exists we will need proof
    eeeh, did you take a look at the picture provided within this topic?? here it is again, clearly the Deluxe version and it doesn't look like a bootleg to me and neither to the owner

-Jan

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where does it say "deluxe" in that pic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd definitely agree with DreamTR here - if it does have a -USA part number, it should be on the US Releases list (albeit with a note about it being generally distributed only in Mexico).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where does it say "deluxe" in that pic?
    the "ball" behind the "International Superstar Soccer" contains the word Deluxe, the golden thing, you know, here, take a look at a PAL ISS Deluxe Scan and you'll get it... ah damn can't find a scan right now, but the BALL-thingy is the Deluxe logo...

update, ok here's ISS Deluxe PAL for Mega Drive, see the Deluxe logo?

-Jan

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmmm...
    Ebay Brazil

http://www.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/it...LB&id=25928232

Looks just like the one the topic starter has. Wonder how it got all the way to brazil if it is from the US? This is not the first one I've seen on there.

I can't get to ebay mexico for some reason but I imagine that it is more of the same.

Edit: Ahh funny, I see one of the forum members asking about posting to USA. NESDREAM you are busted!

Also, it's a soccer game. Many of the rare sports games on SNES are soccer games, therefore it is very likely that this was canned for US release. ex: Hurricanes Soccer, Head On Soccer, Soccer Shootout. All R6 or R7.
    SNES Collector
    My collection: <a href=http://www32.brinkster.com/v1richstore/MyCollection/MyCollection.htm>Plain Text</a> Always willing to Buy/Sell/Trade
    <a href=http://stores.ebay.com/retrogamingheadquarters?&refid=store>My Ebay Store</a>

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by v1rich
    hmmm...
    Ebay Brazil

http://www.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/it...LB&id=25928232

Looks just like the one the topic starter has. Wonder how it got all the way to brazil if it is from the US? This is not the first one I've seen on there.

I can't get to ebay mexico for some reason but I imagine that it is more of the same.

Edit: Ahh funny, I see one of the forum members asking about posting to USA. NESDREAM you are busted!

Also, it's a soccer game. Many of the rare sports games on SNES are soccer games, therefore it is very likely that this was canned for US release. ex: Hurricanes Soccer, Head On Soccer, Soccer Shootout. All R6 or R7.
    If you look closely at the Brazillian box, it's not the same. The one in the original post has a US ESRB rating, the Brazillian one has a localized rating symbol.

As for Mr Pants, it's under non-US releases despite the -USA part number and in the description it's stated that it was available in Canada. Until it shows up in a large US retailer (not a store that's likely to import it from Canada), it's gonna have to stay there.

@DreamTR - Any idea on the production numbers? There are two Majesco releases that are under 50K (Bookworm & Super Collapse II) that are definitely not going back to production and I'm curious if Mr Pants was in that area.

-Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeetler

If you look closely at the Brazillian box, it's not the same. The one in the original post has a US ESRB rating, the Brazillian one has a localized rating symbol.
    lol, you're absolutely right, that's funny, makes it one more snes release! so in fact a Brazilian and a Mexiko/maybe USA release exist looks like you have to add another game to the list @DNG/portnoyd
    -Jan

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to see a box for International Superstar SOCCER and NOT deluxe then for the SNES as well, would that mean there are TWO different soccer games with the ESRB in Mexico that are ISS?
    V1Rich, there's nothing about me being busted, I bid on other auction sites randomly, and I sure did not hide my name, that's for certain!

Mikeetler: I can't tell you the exact numbers, but I can say they are MUCH less than 50,000 copies. It is still possible it might be released in the USA, but I seriously doubt it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh well, good thing I am not collecting any more.

Considering that I would not sell it for less than $100. But I sell all my stuff high. You could probably get that for it if you waited long enough.
    SNES Collector
    My collection: <a href=http://www32.brinkster.com/v1richstore/MyCollection/MyCollection.htm>Plain Text</a> Always willing to Buy/Sell/Trade
    <a href=http://stores.ebay.com/retrogamingheadquarters?&refid=store>My Ebay Store</a>

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by mikeetler
    As for Mr Pants, it's under non-US releases despite the -USA part number and in the description it's stated that it was available in Canada. Until it shows up in a large US retailer (not a store that's likely to import it from Canada), it's gonna have to stay there.
    Going to have to go with Sir Etler's rationalization here. Just replace Canada with Mexico, and Mr Pants with ISS/ISSD/Super Copa.

dave

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

V1rich, at least you admit you sell your stuff high. It was already said on this thread that ISS is readily available in Mexico, and at 3 times less of the price than you quoted.

Portnoyd: What need is there to be an ESRB rating then? They did not print that UNLESS the possibility of it for being for sale in the USA, and same goes for Mr. Pants.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ISS Deluxe is probably the SNES games I've played the most. The game is worth the money, even if it was dirt common.

I wonder if there would be such a discussion if some European discovered an unknown PAL version of some baseball SNES games. :P

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Portnoyd: What need is there to be an ESRB rating then? They did not print that UNLESS the possibility of it for being for sale in the USA, and same goes for Mr. Pants.
    SNES ESRB

Possibility does not mean it made out the door in the US.