Thread: Computer non-game carts?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Computer non-game carts?

Ok I have about 200 Atari8 carts and about 50 of them are not games. Are there any plans to put things like Atari Artist or Atariwriter into the database? I would really like to put my whole collection in there and those missing ones just make me skip the whole section.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Re: Computer non-game carts?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanD
    Ok I have about 200 Atari8 carts and about 50 of them are not games. Are there any plans to put things like Atari Artist or Atariwriter into the database? I would really like to put my whole collection in there and those missing ones just make me skip the whole section.
    Alan, I'll add them all - can you send the list to me? Bare minimum I need is title and manufacturer, but part number, release date, or any other info you've got in hand greatly help. Excel is preferred - it won't take long to populate the database with these items.

Thanks!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excel is no problem. I can send it out to you but I got most of my original list from VGR so will have to pull things I have not personally seen. I'll get it out to you ASAP. Would you like Vic-20 and C-64 or is Mayhem already on it? I suppose I could just PM him and ask

BTW 5200 Adventure II has not been released nd is undergoing a name change too since Atari is now apparently owned by a bunch of wankers. I think Quest for the Golden Chalice was the last mentioned name for it. Roms have been released prior under the original name but no actual cart release.

Also I PMde about the proto Ecco 32X demo from CES I have. Interested in adding it under demos since it is in no way the Rumor Mill Ecco for 32X. Rom is floating around the net tho if you want a copy of it I can send it along also.
    Thanks,
    Alan

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Excel is no problem. I can send it out to you but I got most of my original list from VGR so will have to pull things I have not personally seen. I'll get it out to you ASAP. Would you like Vic-20 and C-64 or is Mayhem already on it? I suppose I could just PM him and ask
    If they're not already in the database, send 'em along to me.

BTW 5200 Adventure II has not been released nd is undergoing a name change too since Atari is now apparently owned by a bunch of wankers. I think Quest for the Golden Chalice was the last mentioned name for it. Roms have been released prior under the original name but no actual cart release.

Also I PMde about the proto Ecco 32X demo from CES I have. Interested in adding it under demos since it is in no way the Rumor Mill Ecco for 32X. Rom is floating around the net tho if you want a copy of it I can send it along also.
    Thanks,
    Alan
    I'll update both of these entries - can you tell me anything else about the Ecco proto?

Thanks Alan.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sure. If you remember once upon a time at a NAVA long ago, someone (and the name escapes me) who was a huge Genesis collector bought a bunch of dev stuff from a third-party. Along with the hardware came a huge huge mass of chips. The 32 pin ones he gave to me and the 40-pins I sent along to kevtris as I could not read them on my reader. Kev's turned out to be a lot of Pico stuff which were all released versions.

I however read in all the loose chips and managed after about 6 months to finally piece together a few roms to put on the proto boards he also gave me. I got some Baseball game, a copy of Nuclear Rush which was repaired with help from DreamTR as one chip was corrupt on that one as well as a few ohers but nothing major. The highlight was finding the 8 chips which when used together was a 32X demo.

The code is basically a Cinepak movie encoded to ROM and set to play over and over. It will only run with a 32X installed on the system. The movie consists of your viewpoint flying across the water towards the setting sun. In the ditance you se something flying towards you and as it gets closer it resolves into the word 'ECCO' As it gets a little closer, Ecco himself leaps through the O in his name and splashes back into the water. It then beins again.

I released the rom a few years ago but the site I released it to is no longer around so you can't read the forums where we talked about it. Arkaniox or something like that was the site. Anyway, the rom is listed in GoodGen as far as I know. Also pictures of it were shown in an old magazine towards the front in the lettres section but I did not note which issue or magazine it was so I would have to find it again. Hope that helps,
    Alan

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

If you've got C64 and Vic20 stuff that's non-game but not in the database, send it along to me. Basically I'm adding the items that seem popular, well-known and useful. If I spent my time finding and adding every single non-game cart for the C64 I'd be here until I die heh (you'd be amazed just how much is available in Germany, Holland and the eastern block).

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sure. If you remember once upon a time at a NAVA long ago, someone (and the name escapes me) who was a huge Genesis collector bought a bunch of dev stuff from a third-party. Along with the hardware came a huge huge mass of chips. The 32 pin ones he gave to me and the 40-pins I sent along to kevtris as I could not read them on my reader. Kev's turned out to be a lot of Pico stuff which were all released versions.
    That was Jay Forman's haul. I have the Ecco image you sent me if you need a copy.

-Mike