Nice concept. You're a slot car racing around huge fantasy slot car tracks. I always wanted to get those big tracks when I was young, but all I had was a figure 8. The little boy in me came out and LOVED that part of this game.

The graphics are acceptable. The control is a little odd. You use up and down on the analog joystick for speed and the left and right triggers to switch lanes (to avoid obsticles and get power ups). It works, but I would've rather seen A used as your speed. Holding up is not that comfortable.

Also, the game requires a level of control that is just doesn't allow. You can't go too fast through turns or you fly off. But you have to slow down all the way. The gameplay itself is fun and challenging, but a little too much is left up to memorization of the track and risk that the computer might try to hit you with something. Oh, and if you get hit the game takes about ten seconds to return you to the track. This means that if you are racing perfectly and are hit near the finish line, you'll still get last place.

The camera is nauseating. I only decided to sell this game because every time I play, I get sick. That doesn't even happen for most FPS games anymore, so this one is bad. When you fly around a corner, your car slides left and right in the slot a little. The camera bounces around to show this. Since most of the tracks are very curvy, you're constantly bouncing.

Sound is disappointing.

The game is a simple concept that is fun. It could've been a 2600 game, but it is an Xbox title... and that's just fine in my book. An idea that works is a good game no matter what console it is on. Unfortunately, the unlockables kills it for me. You start off with ONE car and ONE track. You unlock more by playing through the game and winning things. This takes FOREVER as you have to memorize each track, some that are two minutes or longer per lap. You lost at the last minute? Another six minutes to get to the next track. I'm sorry, but if I bought the game I want to play most of it right away.

Overall Ratings:
Graphics - 7
Sound - 1
Control - 6
Gameplay - 7
Overall - 6

I want to like this game more, but I have to admit to myself that I just don't and it is time for it to go. I think I'll miss it for a little while, but I really don't have any reason too.