Kabuki Warriors

I had heard this game was bad. Really bad. Perhaps the worst fighter ever. You may have heard the same thing.

I'll get right down to it. Truthfully, the people that told you that were probably right. Of all the bad fighing games I've played, most at least feature something redeeming like a bunch of wacky characters, crazy moves, laughable voice acting or are decent two player games. Kabuki Warriors features NONE of that.

The graphics are about as dull as you can get. As far as I can tell, there is a total of ONE arena to fight in. The game introduces the unique concept of getting to play as one of the people that you defeated and you can select whom at the end of the match. It sucks that you have to switch though, as you can essentially beat the entire game by using the character they give you at the start and using a simple attack over and over. At least, I did.

Every hit you make is weird because you get lots of blood and coins rain down. You use the coins to purchase airplane tickets to go beat up your next opponents. The blood is totally out of place. It is like Kasumi Ninja when you do a jab and blood flys out. But Kasumi Ninja KNEW that it wasn't being serious. Kabuki seems to think it is.

Sound is equally horrible. There is nothing to even discuss, save for a super annoying sound clip that is played ALL THE DARN TIME.

The moves stink and control is barely there. But you don't need much control to win battle after battle. The enemies are super boring, and I believe there are four with two different variations of each. And all of them have the same stances and fight the same.

I'd like to think about one thing redeeming, and I really can't right now. It still doesn't beat White Men, but Drake is a million and four times better than it. Avoid this one at all costs unless you HAVE to complete your Xbox collection...

Overall Ratings:
Graphics - 2
Sound - 1
Control - 3
Gameplay - 0
Overall - .5

Ugh.