Thread: Radical Rex for Sega CD= big $$ ?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Radical Rex for Sega CD= big $$ ?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=5287

Hmm, listed as a 6 in the DP guide, with a price of $15... could there be a label variant or something here?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think there's a variant. I have one that looks exactly the same as the one in that auction.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just two idiot bidders, who are bidding that thing up like crazy. What's weird is that both of them have really high feedback, and you would think they would know better... I guess not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i think that game is worth quite a bit more than $15. also, swlovinist and nesdream (dreamtr) are bidders. i think they would know what they're doing.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I recently traded my Persona for PSX for this game....

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought mine brand new for $10 and opened it. Should of kept it sealed...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monkey Butt

If you look real close at the auction photo it almost looks like the price tag on the front says 6 with a dash after it, as in $6.00. Not a bad profit!
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've heard this is one of the toughest of them all to find and rarely shows up. I remember a DP member here had to buy a huge sega cd lot just to get this game. For a while I was fearing Keio was going to be the most brutal one to get for me to complete my sega cd collection but this one is looking pretty bad too ;D.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The winner is a member here, and if I recall correctly that was one of the very last games he needed to complete his set. To each his own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    I've heard this is one of the toughest of them all to find and rarely shows up. I remember a DP member here had to buy a huge sega cd lot just to get this game. For a while I was fearing Keio was going to be the most brutal one to get for me to complete my sega cd collection but this one is looking pretty bad too ;D.
    That person is me. I bought a $220 X'Eye lot just to get this damn game as it was the LAST American Sega CD item I needed to have a 100% collection (granted it was a pretty big lot and I got all the X'Eye Sega CD variants in one fell swoop; very helpful).

Virtually impossible to get. I saw exactly 3 copies the whole time I was doing Sega CD. The one I won. Another that I won, but didn't meet the reserve and couldn't deal for the game. The other one slipped by me and the reserve wasn't met either.

Radical Rex was the toughest game to get, Colors of Modern Rock was second toughest. Of course, YMMV. Keio didn't even come close to RR. Hell, Space Adventure was harder to get then Keio.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blissfulnoise
    That person is me. I bought a $220 X'Eye lot just to get this damn game as it was the LAST American Sega CD item I needed to have a 100% collection (granted it was a pretty big lot and I got all the X'Eye Sega CD variants in one fell swoop; very helpful).

Virtually impossible to get. I saw exactly 3 copies the whole time I was doing Sega CD. The one I won. Another that I won, but didn't meet the reserve and couldn't deal for the game. The other one slipped by me and the reserve wasn't met either.

Radical Rex was the toughest game to get, Colors of Modern Rock was second toughest. Of course, YMMV. Keio didn't even come close to RR. Hell, Space Adventure was harder to get then Keio.
    Hmm...I'll defenitely have to keep an eye out for ol' Rex. It was kind of funny, the other day I was sorting the sega cd last by rarities 5 and above and found out this shitty soccer 94 game I got in a huge lot was an R5...ahahaha. I've also seen Crime Patrol at a store quite far from me and I think that one's like a 6? I'll have to travel out there someday and see if it's still there. Is Colors Of Modern Rock listed under US Releases? I thought it was more of a sampler type of thing. Weird....I see that thing EVERYWHERE! Seen it at gamezone, several bookman's, won it from a large lot.....

Oh and as a little side note, you ain't 100% done until you have all 7 lunar silver star variants ;D. Hehe...I think there's 1 or 2 for EB as well but can't remember.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If i didn't know any better i would say that nesdream was shill-bidding.. Who in his right mind would bid 124.99, 129.99 and 139.99? He's just setting himself up for failure (as this case proves, he lost with only $0.01 difference as $140 was swlovinist high bid apparently)... People have a tendency to bid rounded numbers, so you should always bid a little over them (like 140,55 or something) and not a few cents below them.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yok-dfa
    If i didn't know any better i would say that nesdream was shill-bidding..
    Well .. he is also a member here. Perhaps you should ask him

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel
    Well .. he is also a member here. Perhaps you should ask him
    That's why i said "If i didn't know any better"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

Hmm...I'll defenitely have to keep an eye out for ol' Rex. It was kind of funny, the other day I was sorting the sega cd last by rarities 5 and above and found out this shitty soccer 94 game I got in a huge lot was an R5...ahahaha. I've also seen Crime Patrol at a store quite far from me and I think that one's like a 6? I'll have to travel out there someday and see if it's still there. Is Colors Of Modern Rock listed under US Releases? I thought it was more of a sampler type of thing. Weird....I see that thing EVERYWHERE! Seen it at gamezone, several bookman's, won it from a large lot.....

Oh and as a little side note, you ain't 100% done until you have all 7 lunar silver star variants ;D. Hehe...I think there's 1 or 2 for EB as well but can't remember.
    WW Soccer 94' goes for real cheap though. Crime Patrol does too. You'll just have to be patient to sniff them out.

CoMR is a US release. I believe it was a mail away offer on a specific Sega CD bundle, but I'm not 100% sure. I know it wasn't available in stores directly. It's really just a music video disc, and not a game of any sort.

And, yes, you're right actually about the Lunar variants. I need 4, 5, and 7 to have all of those. I'm not actively looking for them, but if I find them, i'll buy or trade for em'. And to the best of my knowledge, no other WD game on the Sega CD featured variants. I've owned 5 copies of Eternal Blue, 6 of Vay, and 3 of Popful Mail. Each had the same disc art, and I do not believe I saw any variants for those on the WD site
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WW Soccer 94' goes for real cheap though. Crime Patrol does too. You'll just have to be patient to sniff them out.

CoMR is a US release. I believe it was a mail away offer on a specific Sega CD bundle, but I'm not 100% sure. I know it wasn't available in stores directly. It's really just a music video disc, and not a game of any sort.

And, yes, you're right actually about the Lunar variants. I need 4, 5, and 7 to have all of those. I'm not actively looking for them, but if I find them, i'll buy or trade for em'. And to the best of my knowledge, no other WD game on the Sega CD featured variants. I've owned 5 copies of Eternal Blue, 6 of Vay, and 3 of Popful Mail. Each had the same disc art, and I do not believe I saw any variants for those on the WD site
    Yeah, those two games I know don't go for crap but I thought it was funny they were rated pretty high in rarity. That's pretty impressive you already have 4 of the variants, nice work. Good luck on 4, 5 and 7. Strange about Colors...it is listed in demos/non games. Oh well. Apparently it has Mr Big on it, ahahahaha. I remember when my friend started playing Bass several years ago he had a VHS of bass guitar taught by Mr Big. Hilarious video.