Thread: Questions about Doctor v64

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Questions about Doctor v64

I have one of these coming in the mail this week and I have a few questions. One what program do I used to transfer the roms and two how do I burn them on the disc, regularly data disc or is there a special format. Thanks

Nick
    DS RULES

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Re: Questions about Doctor v64

Quote Originally Posted by nhamze
    I have one of these coming in the mail this week and I have a few questions. One what program do I used to transfer the roms and two how do I burn them on the disc, regularly data disc or is there a special format. Thanks

Nick
    Transfering ROMs from the V64 to the PC is a pain in the butt. To be honest, it's much easier to simply download the ROMs others have downloaded and burn them onto a CD. I believe the entire N64 GoodROM set fits on 4 or 5 CDs.

To load them on your V64, simply burn them on to a CD and load away!

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry to resurrect a really old thread but I thought it wasa maybe better than starting my 2nd v64 thread in as many days! Anyway, I bought some CDs to burn ROMs onto and, following Flack's advice, after just burning them onto the CD the v64 doesn't read them. I hit the play button and it plays the disc and then it just stops! I have burned lots of combinations of ROM using CDxp Pro, Nero 6 and the basic file burner built into XP itself. But I have no luck

I am using a Pioneer DVR-108 with upgraded frimware 1.20 (the latest). Can somebody help me?

PS: The machine came with a couple of CDRs with ROMs on them and it plays them fine. I have looked through the discs on my PC and see nothing special about them...
    Pretty Fly for a Doom Guy...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a Doctor V64 and all I did was burn a data disc with N64 roms, load it into the V64 then hit play. Always has worked fine. Not sure what problem you could be having.

*Also, Flack. Do you know of a program that works with WinXP and the V64 for transferring roms? All I can find are the DOS based versions.
    Systems owned: 2600, 5200, Lynx, Jaguar w/CD, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, N64 w/DrV64, Gamecube, GB, GBA SP, Game.com, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Turbo Grafx 16, Game Gear, Master System, Genesis w/32X and CD, JVC X'Eye, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii.