Thread: NES shipping charges?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Default NES shipping charges?

I'm looking at the NES sytems on Ebay...basically action sets without the box, and I was wondering, $15 for shipping? Seems like you could get it shipped for under 10, but I may be wrong. Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$15 is a tad steep, but if it's coming from a canuck, it's barely too high. Just barely. I've shipped Action set equivalents to the US, and it's usually $10 to 11US for postage alone. Add customs paperwork, and packing materials, and "maybe" it could be justified.

I for one don't see the crime in making a couple of bucks on shipping, considering the effort that goes into packing, trips to the PO, etc. It's when people are making double actual and more, that really frosts me.

people who chrage actual shipping are saints, and more generous than I. Tape and paper cost me money! games cost me money!

aaaaaaagh! everything costs money!!

... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default shipping

The USPS charges different prices depending on how many zones a package has to travel. A 7 lb. Priority Mail package costs anywhere from $6.80 to $14.05. So if you want to charge a fixed rate for shipping and not lose money you have to charge the highest price. I personally don't charge a fixed price. I state the weight and a price range. If the package is traveling more than a state or two it is usually near the highest price. So I guess my answer to this question is, no $15 is not really too high, but you could possibly find cheaper shipping especially if the seller is near you. BTW I sold two NES systems recently and I think the shipping was $13 each.

Y -bot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I charge 13-15 regardless of the systems weight for serveral reasons.
    I ship Fedex ground with Tracking, this requires me to pack the items myself at my own expense.. but I get free tracking numbers, free insurance to $100.00, guaranteed 4-6 day in the US. The cost to send a Atari 6 switch and 24 games 2 paddle sets and 2 joysticks across the country to NJ was $8.40 but the time and expence needed to pack and ship the item was worth $21 of my time as it took an Hour out of my day so I lost 8 dollars by charging only $13.00 shipping.. IT's all in how you think about it.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.