Thread: Japanese system help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Japanese system help

I am testing out two systems for a friend of mine. One is an Epoch Cassette Vision w/Monster Mansion, Yosaku, Baseball, & Galaxian carts. It does not have an AC adapter and I need to find out the power specs. Also what is the "connector" hole in the console for? The other system is a Sega SG-1000. It has the power supply but no carts. Is there a built-in game? What channel does the TV need to be st to for these to work? I've heard of a few different channels for Famicom and I wasn't sure if these are like that. The Sega SG-1000 has some paperwork that mentions channels 1, 2, 13 & 64 but I'm not sure if those channels have anything to do with U.S. channels. Thanks fo any help you can give. BTW they are NOT for sale.
    Thanks, Y-bot

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, that's an obscure one you have there. What little I could find on the thing was pretty explicit except for the power supply. http://www.old-computers.com/magazine/view.asp?r=2&a=6

Don't blame me if your Epoch blows up but I'm going to guess that the power supply is a 9-12V DC 500-800mA. TIP =Negative. From what I read the port is a video output. there's a French language site that has the pin-outs for it. [check google]

The Sega SG-1000 is an easy one and all sorts of info is out there for it. Try a google search. As for what channel to set it to, it's most likely 3 or 4 depending on where you live. I'm near Philly so for me it's Ch. 4. You need to make sure you have the proper RF unit any old Sega or Nintendo RF should do the trick.[/url]
    [caps lock brought to you by fanboi, inc. - patent pending]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the help. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to this message. I now own the Epoch Cassette Vision and 8 cartidges. I tried it with a 12V 500 mah negative tip power supply and it sorta works on channel 6. I also just got a Japanese power supply that was in a box with a Cassette Vision that is 6V but it does not make the console work. The picture that comes in on channel 6 is snowy and not very good but you can kinda see the game behind all the garbage. So my question is would a power supply with more voltage or amps make a difference?
    Thanks, Y-bot