Thread: Looking into Ragnarok Online

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Looking into Ragnarok Online

Would anyone like to give comments/reviews about this game? I know it's pretty popular with sort of an 'underground' status but I trust the folk here at DP and I'd like to hear what y'all think.

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey I was thinking of joining it a while back but it seemed kind of expensive (being I can't come up with the funds cause of my age). The graphics look ok but I don't really know. Good Luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

I used to play back when it was free. I loved it, I really prefered it to 3D MMORPGS...

But for the content, I haven't played any other online games....so I'm not sure how good it is compared to those.

I had fun at least <_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    strayhellcat

If you're okay with playing a game with no substance, go for it. There's no story or point to the game, and that got me sick of it rather quickly.

Don't get me wrong, the job classes are fun, once you get to a certain level, it's a challenge to get any further, the maps are good, the characters are cute... but if you want something with a bit more meat than making your char pretty looking and having maxed out stats, bewaaaareee! :P

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Rose
    If you're okay with playing a game with no substance, go for it. There's no story or point to the game, and that got me sick of it rather quickly.

Don't get me wrong, the job classes are fun, once you get to a certain level, it's a challenge to get any further, the maps are good, the characters are cute... but if you want something with a bit more meat than making your char pretty looking and having maxed out stats, bewaaaareee! :P
    I'm constantly looking for an MMO that works for folks that dislike/can't play other MMOs. I've tried tons so far (12 at last count) so hell, let's dive in again, eh?

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Adam, how's it going man? Tried to catch you in chat, but you just weren't responding, so now I am being forced to up my post count.

Ragnarok does have free servers....well, not Ragnarok themselves, but people do host games for free (FOr as long as they can until they get caught). That at least would be a good way to see if you like it or not before moving onto a large, pay for server (although the free guys have big games on them too, so you may stay on the "free" way"). As far as other games though, I really enjoy a game called Maple Story. It's still in development, but the betas are for everyone. They keep you updated also, so that whenever the game is finished, you will have it. The nice thing about Maple Story is that it's got that Rayman look to it. It's gorgeous, side scrolling action. I know, I know, why would you play a sidescroller online? Well, I really enjoyed. The plus to Maple Story is that since it still is in development, you don't have to worry about getting your character too strong, because the other two islands arent created yet. It's quite difficult, but easy and fun to play. I suggest giving it a try. It's a fairly large client, but I recommend it.

Happy Gaming buddy.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just hop on to phantasy star online or world of warcraft. I used to play ragnarok, but like they said, there is no substance really, maybe joining a clan and taking a castle, but it grows old really fast.