Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vulcanjedi

Default PO

Hmm

I'm spoiled.

I live less than 2 blocks from a post office. And I can think of nothing better than standing in a 20 minute line to get a few empty boxes

VJ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sph1nx
    wrap it in brown paper?

I don't see how they could possibly do that if it was wrapped in brown wrapping paper.
    Priority Mail boxes are a very distinct size and shape. They fold together in a very specific way (the smaller "video" boxes). Then go ahead and try it. I bet they'll still catch ya.
    I guess I've just been really lucky for the past few years then because nobody's ever questioned me about it in my local post office.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll do you one better:

http://www.usps.com/cgi-bin/api/shipping_label.htm

1. Punch in your address.
    2. Punch in address where your parcel's going to.
    3. Hit Enter.
    4. Website will check first, to make sure recieving address is valid. No more problems with "Lexington St." vs. "Lexington Ave." vs. "Lexington Dr."
    5. Website will pop up a fully finished USPS Priority Mail Shipping Label complete with shipping receipt. You just have to print the screen.
    6. Did I mention that label comes with FREE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION PRINTED ON IT? Yup, Delivery Confirmation and it doesn't cost you or your customer a single extra cent. At 40 cents a crack, that saves you money, while ensuring your stuff gets delivered. A great freebie service.
    I've got a question, how are we billed for the shipping fee this way? Also, do I still have to drop it off at the post office or can I just drop the outgoing package in my mailbox?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They used to give out huge rolls of tape too online. But due to mass abuse of it (people using it for any task normally tackled by duct tape..) they stopped. However, the lady at the post office here gave me a roll and said "This never happened." Of course, I never abused the one roll I got from usps.com before they stopped giving it out. I still have a tiny bit left and it's lasted me forever.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    I've got a question, how are we billed for the shipping fee this way? Also, do I still have to drop it off at the post office or can I just drop the outgoing package in my mailbox?
    If you have the correct amount of postage on it, you don't need insurance on it and/or it's not international, your mail carrier can pick it up. Otherwise you have to go to the post office.

A tip that everyone may not know, you can use first class stamps on priority, parcel post and media mail packages. A useful thing to know if you want to do shipping from home but don't want to (or can't) print postage from online. You can also use stamps to pay for confirmation and insurance on any type of package (assuming you take them to the PO for the proof of insurance/confirmation).

However I'm not sure about doing delivery confirmation via stamps from at home since USPS wouldn't have your copy of the confirmation form stamped in red with the date.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    I'll do you one better:

http://www.usps.com/cgi-bin/api/shipping_label.htm

1. Punch in your address.
    2. Punch in address where your parcel's going to.
    3. Hit Enter.
    4. Website will check first, to make sure recieving address is valid. No more problems with "Lexington St." vs. "Lexington Ave." vs. "Lexington Dr."
    5. Website will pop up a fully finished USPS Priority Mail Shipping Label complete with shipping receipt. You just have to print the screen.
    6. Did I mention that label comes with FREE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION PRINTED ON IT? Yup, Delivery Confirmation and it doesn't cost you or your customer a single extra cent. At 40 cents a crack, that saves you money, while ensuring your stuff gets delivered. A great freebie service.
    The label I linked to does NOT have postage on it. You still gotta take it to the post office or slap some stamps on it. There ARE labels you can print where you type in your CC and the postage is printed on it. But I like to have the packages weighed, so I don't underestimate the postage and end up with it back on my porch in 3 days due to insuffient funds or postage due.

Long story short - the link above takes you to a POSTAGE-LESS LABEL. BUt DC is free.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyRuxpin
    They used to give out huge rolls of tape too online. But due to mass abuse of it (people using it for any task normally tackled by duct tape..) they stopped. However, the lady at the post office here gave me a roll and said "This never happened." Of course, I never abused the one roll I got from usps.com before they stopped giving it out. I still have a tiny bit left and it's lasted me forever.
    Is that that ugly ass horrible white/red/blue tape?
    I have a roll of this here still... worst.tape.ever.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sph1nx
    Is that that ugly ass horrible white/red/blue tape?
    I have a roll of this here still... worst.tape.ever.
    Yes and it's not that bad. I've shipped a lot of packages with it. You just have to get used to dealing with it. At first I wasted a lot due to not handling it right. Now I can do it find for the most part. A tape gun is very useful for it.