Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Quote Originally Posted by levikalland
    ok so youre saying you want more realistic women in games. so then should guys in games be less fake?????? i forgot all us guys on here were gigantic muscle mases with secret powers and the ability to seduce any woman?? it will never be realistic, but thats half the fun, to be someone your not. videogames are an escape from reality, not an extension of it.
    Nope, just more variety, that's all. We don't get half the variety that you guys get.

See my post above for an example of a step in the right direction (that is, Neverwinter Nights).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

isnt variety by definition non gender based???theres tons of variety. if you want to change the world join the military or red cross or something. why doesnt barbie get a job and stop bishing at ken for everything?? why isnt there more variety in underwear for men?? since the dawn of time sexes have coexisted peacefully, then came the eternal question, Why????? in this case why are videogames gender based?? Lok back at your ancient myths and mythology and see, most of the worlds heroes have been men. games werent made for women originally as women are supposedly smarter and have better things to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd rather not have a system like neverwinter nights. Nothing makes me dislike a game more than fully customizable characters. When I play a game I want my character to have a set look, personality, and story, and I don't want to have to worry about picking the wrong stats.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

why isnt there more variety in underwear for men??
    Wait.. you guys have briefs, boxer-briefs, boxers, and mankinis which all come in various prints and colors. There is variety in men's underpants.

And the rest of your post was too retarded for words so I skipped it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

too retarded???that sounds like the backing down of an improperly stated argument??I guessto someone who is set int here mind on how things should be done it would seem retarded, i am willing to admit there arent many video game women that dont sport some admittidely risque oufits, but lets face it, how far are we here in america from dressing like that?? Your complaining about women being busty and half naked?? ohh wow i didnt realize it was so unrealistic of a portrayel of women. lets face it, in media, wether it be magazines, movies, tv, or games, everyone is portrayed much better looking than usual. take it with a grain of salt and realize there will never be realistic or even semi realistic characters in games or any other media. heros are someone you can look up to or admire, not someone you can identify with and be on the same level as. next time you post back to me please relize i enjoy reading mor than a handfull of non backed arguments with opinionated claims of retardation.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This thread reminded me, aren't we coming up to the tenth anniversary of Tomb Raider? It can't be too far off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    mankinis
    eww. i don't want to imagine that...

anyways i dont really care what gender my character is in a game, i just pick whichever one has the best stats, or if it's a game with customizable characters i make it look like me (male)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok so youre saying you want more realistic women in games. so then should guys in games be less fake?????? i forgot all us guys on here were gigantic muscle mases with secret powers and the ability to seduce any woman?? it will never be realistic, but thats half the fun, to be someone your not. videogames are an escape from reality, not an extension of it.
    levikalland, did you even read the article? The complaint is not simply that the female avatars are unrealistic, but rather that they are generally unrealistic in a way that shows that they are ready to get down and "do it" RIGHT NOW.

I suppose that an analogous situation might be if (almost) all male avatars were portrayed as homosexual stereotypes that were hungry for the act. In other words, if the only gender-appropriate avatars available in a game expressed sexual tendencies that are distracting and possibly distasteful in the view of the prospective gamer.

Please note that I do not intend to make any judgments about homosexuality. Period. I just suspect that if someone can't understand why women find the "sexpot avatars" offensive, maybe they'd also be the kind of person that would be aghast at the notion of only having the option in a game of selecting among a cast of homosexual avatars. I regard this as the "what if all games were Cho Aniki?" thought experiment.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, but having a semi-realistic landscape helps games tremendously, generally in terms of story. Girls that are overly sexified tend to make extremely poor videogame characters. I'll take Elly before Tifa any day, because Elly's a fucking human being, and Tifa is a piece of furniture. Likewise, no fucking game is going to stray from physics completely. It has to be grounded somewhere. Even Jumping Flash can't pounce over a building, man.

Lok back at your ancient myths and mythology and see, most of the worlds heroes have been men. games werent made for women originally as women are supposedly smarter and have better things to do.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I appoint you best new poster. I shall watch your career with great interest.

i am willing to admit there arent many video game women that dont sport some admittidely risque oufits, but lets face it, how far are we here in america from dressing like that??
    This was your best point.

lets face it, in media, wether it be magazines, movies, tv, or games, everyone is portrayed much better looking than usual. take it with a grain of salt and realize there will never be realistic or even semi realistic characters in games or any other media.
    That doesn't make it an ideal situation to be in. I mean, I could be a slave working to the crack of a whip, and if someone tells me to "take it with a grain of salt" and that "it will never change" I'm gonna smash their face in.

heros are someone you can look up to or admire, not someone you can identify with and be on the same level as. next time you post back to me please relize i enjoy reading mor than a handfull of non backed arguments with opinionated claims of retardation.
    Actually, they're a little bit of both, chief. Best new poster.
    I am the reinforcements.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, let's be fair, we need a new Marvel Comics Rawhide Kid video game too.

Golly mister, that's a big gun, can I hold it? Sure son.

"Rollin rollin rollin, boy my ass is swollen, I've got a <heeyah!> rawhide!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i am willing to admit there arent many video game women that dont sport some admittidely risque oufits, but lets face it, how far are we here in america from dressing like that?? Your complaining about women being busty and half naked?? ohh wow i didnt realize it was so unrealistic of a portrayel of women.
    It's not very unrealistic at all. Many woman dress provocatively. And I'm guessing that the majority of such are in their teens and early 20's. Which is probably the target group for games anyways. But hey, we promise to look beyond the skimpy outfits and respect these digital characters for their minds as well. Honost!

he complaint is not simply that the female avatars are unrealistic, but rather that they are generally unrealistic in a way that shows that they are ready to get down and "do it" RIGHT NOW.
    Just as in the real world....

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nihilism
    i am willing to admit there arent many video game women that dont sport some admittidely risque oufits, but lets face it, how far are we here in america from dressing like that?? Your complaining about women being busty and half naked?? ohh wow i didnt realize it was so unrealistic of a portrayel of women.
    It's not very unrealistic at all. Many woman dress provocatively. And I'm guessing that the majority of such are in their teens and early 20's. Which is probably the target group for games anyways. But hey, we promise to look beyond the skimpy outfits and respect these digital characters for their minds as well. Honost!
    the complaint is not simply that the female avatars are unrealistic, but rather that they are generally unrealistic in a way that shows that they are ready to get down and "do it" RIGHT NOW.
    Hey man, nice troll.
    (\ /)
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bargora
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_nihilism
    the complaint is not simply that the female avatars are unrealistic, but rather that they are generally unrealistic in a way that shows that they are ready to get down and "do it" RIGHT NOW.
    Hey man, nice troll.
    sorry but someone having a different opinion than the PC majority isn't trolling. All I have to say on the subject is what do you expect. Videogaming is dominated by young men. Companies want to sell their games and make money. Is it not logical that they therefore make the females portrayed in these games "sexy"? Have you ever seen a romance movie \ novel where the girls main love interest is some nerdy looking computer programmer? Hell no. Do they make the males in video games any more realistic? saying that making girl characters sexy is the same as making the male characters horny homosexuals is comparing apples to oranges. I have to ask you, what exactly are you expecting? Fugly girls with snaggle teeth? There are lots of games with female characters who, while not exactly "ugly", aren't beautiful / don't dress sexy. I'm sorry if it makes me a "pig" but if I'm going to be playing a game for 20 hours I'd rather have to look at attractive female character rather than ugly crones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    sorry but someone having a different opinion than the PC majority isn't trolling. All I have to say on the subject is what do you expect. Videogaming is dominated by young men. Companies want to sell their games and make money. Is it not logical that they therefore make the females portrayed in these games "sexy"? Have you ever seen a romance movie \ novel where the girls main love interest is some nerdy looking computer programmer? Hell no. Do they make the males in video games any more realistic? saying that making girl characters sexy is the same as making the male characters horny homosexuals is comparing apples to oranges. I have to ask you, what exactly are you expecting? Fugly girls with snaggle teeth? There are lots of games with female characters who, while not exactly "ugly", aren't beautiful / don't dress sexy. I'm sorry if it makes me a "pig" but if I'm going to be playing a game for 20 hours I'd rather have to look attractive female character rather than ugly crones.
    So when girl gamers complain, your answer is "Video games aren't for you"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My response is "video games aren't targeted at you". If I suddenly started reading romance novels I wouldn't expect realistic portrayals of men.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Promophile, did you even read the article? The complaint is not that "sexy lady" avatars exist. It's that in most games there are only sexy lady avatars, and so maybe it would be cool if there were, oh, say, maybe at least one female non-sexy-lady avatar available to play.

Or would that offend you? Would your eyes burn?

My response is "video games aren't targeted at you". If I suddenly started reading romance novels I wouldn't expect realistic portrayals of men.
    That's funny. I thought that video game companies wouldn't mind if women would give them money in exchange for their video games.

BTW, thank you for using the straw man "OMG teh PC police are out to get us" argument. My shot glass awaits the inevitable invocation of a certain mid-20th century political party.
    (\ /)
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

why doesnt barbie get a job and stop bishing at ken for everything??
    Have you not been in a Toys R Us lately? Barbie's been everything from a doctor to a freakin' astronaut.

since the dawn of time sexes have coexisted peacefully
    Yeah, those slave girls, witch hunts, dowrys, and murder of female infants really shows how peaceful everyone was. Oh, and have you been reading about what happens when a woman gets raped in some Muslim areas?

games werent made for women originally as women are supposedly smarter and have better things to do.
    Like make babies and cook your dinner?

Daria's right, you ARE retarded.

Kristine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Promophile, did you even read the article? The complaint is not that "sexy lady" avatars exist. It's that in most games there are only sexy lady avatars, and so maybe it would be cool if there were, oh, say, maybe at least one female non-sexy-lady avatar available to play.

Or would that offend you? Would your eyes burn?

I used to play Everquest alot. Of all the female players I knew 99 percent of them chose the"sexiest" looking female races in the game. I could count on one hand the number of female trolls (fugly), ogres (fugly) and humans (pretty average looking) I saw that were played by female gamers (and before you say anything I've met most of these girls in real life, they were my guildmates). Every "create your character" game I've played in the last 5 years has at least given you the ability to make an average, if not ugly looking, female character, and I think thats the way it should be. Thanks for the personal attack but no, It wouldn't make my eyes burn to see ugly female characters, but that doesn't mean I would prefer it. If you would like staring at ugly girls for 20-100 hours you have some problems.

That's funny. I thought that video game companies wouldn't mind if women would give them money in exchange for their video games.
    First I would like to say that I'm talking about games with premade characters. I think that all games containing female character creation should have good variety in the phsyical features you can chose. That having been said why would game companies hurt game sales by toning down their "sexy" female characters? I can tell you right now that DoA:XBV didn't sell as well as it did because it's such a darn good volleyball game. Sex sells (to men). Hollywood knows it and so do game developers. companies aren't going to change that to appease a small minority of video game purchasers.

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

If you would like staring at ugly girls for 20-100 hours you have some problems.
    I think he'd be playing the game, not jerking off to it, so it wouldn't matter to him. :P

Kristine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

It wouldn't make my eyes burn to see ugly female characters, but that doesn't mean I would prefer it. If you would like staring at ugly girls for 20-100 hours you have some problems.
    More realistic =/= Ugly.