Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DP's rarity guide values for SNES carts seem off ?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everybody who's bitching about the DPG listed prices should go back to page 2 and actually read lancelet's excellent (if lengthy) post.

There is not one market for video games. There are many markets. As Joe has pointed out, the values listed are based on an aggregation of data from the different markets, and so may not be an accurate reflection of what you see in any particular market (e.g., ebay).

So you see different values in different markets. I don't know why you'd expect anything different. Especially with ebay, where (for example) two n00bs located anywhere in the world with a simultaneous hard-on for Klonoa can push an auction above $100.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: DP's rarity guide values for SNES carts seem off ?

Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    However, I still think that you can have a R1 that is worth $15, or $20, or $25 or whatever.

A game can be extremely common and still command pretty good money for it.
    NO. any R1 game can be found on a flea or pawn shop or whatever for 5 bucks with a little patience
    That logic is a bit flawed. At fleas or pawns, any game can be purchased for $5, regardless of rarity, because most fleas and pawns don't distinguish between a R1 game and a R7 game, and charge a flat fee for all games for a certain console.
    ok, i have no idea where this old topic came from, but i need to reply to this

it is not flawed, see, i know you can basically get every game for 1-5 bucks, no matter how rare it is. What i meant is that you can get every R1 game that cheap within a few weeks, a higher rarity would take much longer or maybe never show up. A R1 though, everyone can find it cheap without having too wait to long. A game you can easily get for 5 bucks within a few weeks of hunting just can't be listed as 15 bucks just because that's the ebay price, that's my point. On the other hand, some R8 that costs 200 on ebay that you MIGHT BE ABLE to find for 5 bucks if you search for years should obviously be ~200 bucks because the only way to get it cheaper is by pure chance.
    -Jan